Chapter 6

Shine Bright Like A Crystal

 

The sound of his ringtone woke Kai up.

The male tensed for a second as he blinked his eyes to adjust to the bright surronding him. He felt warm by the rising sun trough the curtain of the large window in his room. Kai stole a glance at a clock by the nightstand and realized that it was already past eight am. Usually at this time, he would have already woken up and study or continue to sleep at the school, but who cares? It was Sunday anyways. Kai rubbed his sleepy eyes before picked his phone up and touch the answer icon (this was a new Galaxy Note 3 from Chanyeol for their last bet).

"Wake up, sloth!" A girl's voice made him jumped. He sat on the bed with a still-sleepy-condition then answered the nickname he receive from the caller.

"I'm not sloth, for the nth times stop calling me when I'm in the middle of my beauty slumber. Beside what do want from me huh?"

"Are you a sleeping beauty? Because you're not pretty, just sloth. Whatever, I wouldn't call you if I don't have a need."

"Just tell me what do you want."

"Help me for this chemical presentation. I know we are not in same group but you know my patners even worse than me so I need you help." She made a sound like she was pouted.

"Ah are you kidding me? This is Sunday and I'm not take any duties for Sunday." He rubbed his hair as walked towards his closet to take a clean towel.

"You don't take your duties for all days. Remember I'm the one who do our homework then you and Chanyeol just copying mine. Come on, Kai we all know you pretty good at chemical."

"Alright then I will help you as my kindness. Just don't forget to buy me—"

"Carrots. I know."

Kai chukles and grab some clothes from inside the closet and throw them on the bed. "You know me the best, Sulli."

"I'll come in a few hours I still have work to do. Bye Kai."

"Bye girl." He said as going into bathroom.

After ten minutes he came out from his room and stand in front of Chanyeol's room and knock it for times. Getting annoyed by nothing reply come from inside he left the door and grab his snapback, walking towards the door.

 


 

Chanyeol sat in the right side near a wide window glass. He had come twenty minutes early. Funny, how he could be so excited about their plan to meet up in the Sunday morning, here in ice cream parlor which is he though would be his favorite place. How was he feeling eager to see her? His lips curled upwards while his eyes keep looking at the street outside through the window, there’s no day better than now, he thought. The weather feels nice like to work with him and all his plan, the sun was shining so bright outside, the air feel fresh yet warm for peoples who wants to go outside. That’s why he came earlier and waits patiently. His smile turned even bigger when a girl who he was waiting for came nearer to the building where he was waiting at. The doorbell was ringing beautifully when the figure pretty girl comes through. That was Krystal and all beautiful she has. Krystal’s gaze scan inside the room and immediately found him as she walk nearer.

“Good morning, Chanyeol. Am I late? Oh, I’m sorry.” She bowed in front of him and the latter just turned into smile while he looks at her.

“You don’t come late. It’s me who came here too early. Let’s sit and take your order.”

With that both of them had a nice conversation. Chanyeol told her about anything like his childhood friend, the football club, his hobby to play guitar, and the latter was listening curiously while occasionally ask something about how Seoul was going in these years. Chanyeol liked this moment. If he could be honest with himself he won’t this moment to end. But now, he didn’t mind to think about the ending, after all he still with Krystal and they had a good time to spend together. Just about when he wanted to take another snack a figure came inside the place and makes him gawk in shock.

The boy was wearing a dark shirt and he had the sleeves rolled up the elbows, it looked nice and neat enough unless with his sleepy eyes. He walked to Chanyeol’s direction but he seemed like didn’t notice the latter presence. Not until Chanyeol calls his name. I will regret this.

“Kai! Come here!”

“Oh man, what are you do—“ The boy, Kai looked as shock as Chanyeol when he saw him entered the parlor before, when he saw someone who sat across from Chanyeol was also turning her eyes into him. “No. You have your date.”

“Come here now!” Chanyeol insist. I told you I will make it up for you someday.

With that Kai took his step to the direction skeptically. 

Although now is not the right time. This is my time, not yours.

“Oh.” Kai jolted from his place when he stayed beside the girl, unsure to sit next to her or not.

I will not let this my precious time to be ruined. But what else I can do? Should I run? Should we run?

So he chooses to sit next to Chanyeol instead.

“So… She’s my friend—“ Chanyeol with his unsure feeling, began to introduce both of them to each other. However he couldn’t miss the way Kai looked at Krystal, there’s something he didn’t know, or maybe he didn’t want to know. He turned his gaze on Krystal to find that the girl also did the same as Kai did. Chanyeol never been a sociality awkward but this time he felt like he has been out of the place between his best friend and a beautiful girl he began to adore, or like? Should he move and let them just for a moment?

Kai too, after looking at the girl who sit across from him for minute he shook his head and turned his gaze on Chanyeol who already look at him with questioning look. Kai move his eyes on the girl’s neck, just above her chest, there’s between the collarbones was hanging a silver chained necklace, it’s pendant was a letter ‘K’ in the center of blue-sky round with crystal wings. Krystal realized the moment, he held up that pendant and smiling at the Kai who couldn’t move his eyes from that thing. “Hey…”

“Don’t say anything.” Kai said in whisper, eyes sliding from one of Krystal’s eyes to the other. “You don’t say… anything.”

Chanyeol felt the tense among them became more awkward for him so he thought about made excuse to go to toilet as a good option. After a few awkward moments of silence, Chanyeol clumsily stands up. “I-um…I’m going to the restroom,” and only receive the nod from them in same time. He really didn’t expect it would turn like this, he didn’t expect Kai to come, even he call the guy to come to their table, but after all he knew this time will come. So he just standing near wall and peeked their table from there.

“Do you remember me?” Krystal asked, rubbing the back of her palm awkwardly.

“No.”

“Oh…”

“Oh My God, what are you thinking Krys? Me, forget you? After years we lost in contact and I keep remain waiting for you and now you appear in front of me all of sudden with somebody else that used to be my best friend.” Kai blurted out. He just didn’t know how to compose himself from what he was seeing in front of him right now. Happy, confused, hurt, there are too much feel made his heart ache, and he raised his hand then placed it above his chest, tried to calm himself.  “How did you know him?”

“We met on street at first, and then the rest was in school.”

“So we are in the same school and you know it but you hide it from me? Even you already know my best friend and you two look so close yet none of you want to tell me?”

“Kai, please low your voice. We can talk about it but not here. Chanyeol is also here, I don’t wanna make him confused about it.” Krystal tried to reach Kai hands on the table but the latter stand abruptly and gave her a sharp look.

“Meet me tomorrow after your class done.” Groaning, Kai walked out of the restaurant, mumbling about what stupid it was. He finally met his childhood friend but not in the right time because his beloved childhood friend already has a date with somebody else who was being his best friend for his entire life.

 

 

Chanyeol arrived in his apartment and found Kai was lying on the couch while reading a magazine. When he back from toilet Krystal was not same with what her was before, she looked fidgety and occasionally out of mind when Chanyeol tried to talk with her so he need to call her name to make sure she was listening. It didn’t work, their meeting that he’d like to call it as date in start, so they decided to going back home. And here he found Kai, he was sitting crossed legged on the couch still didn’t give him a welcome reaction like he usually did. He knew his friend not in the good mood so maybe he won’t to talk, he just passed him and going to his bedroom. It’s not me who ruin everything, I just want to help. You just appear in wrong time.

 

 

 

They met a day after the first meeting in the ice cream parlor; both of them were standing quietly behind the library building. After a long silent, Kai will ask her about her days in California and the latter will answer with smile never left from her face. They both happy regardless the incident yesterday, to met each other and seeing them in person after years is the most important than thinking about how their first met could happened.

“I’m glad to know you’re doing well in Seoul. I was thinking you might be caused some trouble and can’t be accepted in a good school like this.”

“I know I’m being troublesome but don’t forget I also have a good brain and I’m not that stupid to make my parents proud of me and then—hey I ever thought to have a high grade so I can get a scholarship in America, just to meet you in there but yeah so already here. So I didn’t expect you’re the one who miss me so much.” Kai laughed teasingly caused Krystal to pout and throw a paper ball.

“You’re so mean!”

Kai stared at her before holding out a hand and gently thumbs Krystal’s matted bangs away from her forehead, and Krystal tried to make the hitch in her breathing less obvious. She waited for Kai to remove his hand but instead, his hand lingers on her left cheek, staying there and palming it. The warmth of his hand against Krystal’s cool cheek felt good, so she unconsciously leaned into he hand and ignored anything else. Kai chuckled and his thumb over her cheekbone.

“I miss you Krys, I’ve missed you a lot. It had been a while, and I’m still stuck with our memories. You still hold your promise, don’t you?”

Krustal grinned and tapped Kai hand on her cheek. “Don’t worry, I’m here.”

“Promise me you will never leave again.”

Krystal just smiled at the horror-stricken look on Kai’s face. Do you feel afraid, Kai? Are you afraid of losing me?

She stopped, however, when she felt herself being pulled forward and suddenly Kai was leaning in and they met halfway and then he kissed her forehead.

 

 

Without their knowing, Chanyeol was somewhere but back on wall, watching them all whole time.

 

 

 


A/N

It took so long for an update, I’m sorry :'( I hope you like this chapter and it’s long enough I think?

Leave a comment please, let me know what you think :) keep support me! Thank you~