Chapter 5

Shine Bright Like A Crystal

 

It began two weeks ago; everything has to change his heart. It hurts, but somehow a thing deep inside there always gives him happiness. He didn't expect this would be happen. Why he felt happy every morning and it was like he finally find his support to go school without make an absent even though just for one day. Unusual, yes. He was Chanyeol who used to be sloth, compare to Kai who like to sleep in class he prefer to escape his class and play in cafeteria or restroom while busy chat with other boys from his school. Of course he was Park Chanyeol and he had a lot of friend connection, enough for call him 'popular boy' or ' kingka'. Back to the moment that happened two weeks ago he was insecure for the first time, why he was suddenly being so weak with those eyes?

"Hello? Are you alright?"

"Oh y-yes. I-I'm fine. And oh my name is—"

"Do you like carrot?"

"What?"

"Do you like carrot? Uh... Because—"

"No."

"Oh..."

"But my friend did. I just brought them for him."

 


 

"You never told me you have a boyfriend."

"He is not my boyfriend."

"He likes you."

"Shut up, Kai... How do you know? He never told me anything."

"Don't underestimate Kim Kai. Don't you see the way he looks at you? I can conclude it just from seeing his eyes. Chen likes you, Sulli. Maybe he just waits for the right moment to tell you. Otherwise stop acting like you don't care, it is a miracle there's a boy falling in love with you. You hadn't seemed like a girl or it'll more suitable for you to called as hulk—"

Sulli hit his head back before he could complete his sentence. "How dare you! I will tell Chanyeol for this insulting."

"What thing you want to tell me about?" Chanyeol just arrived to his class and immediately came to their friends when he heard his name been called. He was still in his routines to ride a bus on the way going to school even though Kai already giving him back his car yet it turned to another pleasure to the younger because Chanyeol really likes to ride a bus, to meet new peoples everyday, hear the daily news from them, even though he didn't really talk with stranger but some peoples there (who also in same bus with him) seem nice and that wasn't bad thing right?

"Sulli has an admirer you know? I can smell something like a love-thing. Soon she will not longer with us instead she'll spend her time for her soon boyfriend—" Another hit landed on his head back the same place it happened before made him itched.

"You're falling in love? Why don't you tell me earlier?" Chanyeol asked curiously. He even made his way to sat in front of Sulli and took her hand with him. You're warm. Don't let me go Chanyeol. "Listen, if you had fallen in love you should tell us. We are your friend right? Tell me who he is." Chanyeol was looking at her eyes. In other side, Sulli felt his body trembling. Chanyeol's glanced still on her either his hand hold hers tight.

"You."

"What?" Chanyeol starts out, his voice holding an air of disbelief. Not sure and maybe he misheard, so he asked again. "I asked you, who you had fallen in love with?"

Kai pat Chanyeol's shoulder from the side. "Come on Chanyeol, I'll show you who the person is. Sulli will not tell you anything hmm I think that was because she wasn't sure with her feeling yet."

"Shut up you—" Sulli was begun to hit him for the third times before he moved and grabbed Chanyeol's hand with him.

"Told you Chanyeol, she is really a hulk."

Chanyeol just smiling and took his own seat when the bell was ringing. Good, at least Kai didn't mad at him. He was afraid that his friend will never speak with him again after the incident last night, because he hasn't told him about his tomato...

Someday I'll make it up for you Kai. I promise.

I'm sorry.

 

 

It was another boring day when Chanyeol's teacher decided to be an and order him to return some books in the library. "You keep make noises and didn't pay attention to my lesson," the teacher said.

"It was because Sulli keep blowing an air on my nape. Disgusting. Also there's Chen the class president, you should just ask him to do, mister."

"Why you including me? It's your job." Chen said mocking at him.

"Alright, Park. You're tall and look strong I think it isn't problem with you. And I won't take any arguments." The teacher said before he left the class. Chanyeol looked helplessly and lazily turn his head to the right side.

"No. I won't do it. Chen you do it!" Chen stood up and heading to the door when Chanyeol send him a glare.

"I have my own business, Park." Then following his teacher he ran away out from the class.

". Kai you do it!" This time he pointed at Kai who was ready to go cafeteria with Sulli.

"No. You do your job."

"Like Chen, I have my own business too." And he matcher forwards the teacher table as he watches the books, good.

"So I am. Stop blocking my way, do you?"

Chanyeol took the books and placed it on Kai arms then smirked. "Do it for me right?! I don't wanna hear any complains. Bring Sulli with you; she knows where the books belong."

Sulli frowned and shook her head. "Kai and I are hungry—" before she could complete her sentence Chanyeol already disappear from her sight. She took a deep breath and looked at Kai who has the books on him. "What else we can do anyway?"

So, they just did what their teacher (actually it was Chanyeol) told them to do since it was boring anyway.

 

 

"The receptionist said these books belong to 4th floor."

"." He exhale then walked away carrying the tick books in his arms. Those are twenty books in total and he gave Sulli six while himself carrying the rest. Kai groaned in exasperation then started walking upstairs. "This is going to be exhausting. Hey you, say something! Why do you keep silent like I'm walking with a statue?"

"If you don't want feel more exhausted better you shut up your mouth. Don't waste your energy, there are still three floors remaining." Sulli said then walked before him toward the next floor.

 

 

Chanyeol walked a half ran toward the cafeteria. It had been days since the last day he met Krystal, his new "flash light". He doesn't be able to looking for her in her class, just because he doesn't know where her class is exactly and he didn't need to. He would always find her in cafeteria so then he brings his legs going to there. He kept walking along the corridor and stop abruptly when he saw a figure, or maybe two, coming out from a class across from his stand.

"So, C class huh?" He murmurs to himself then walking towards the girls. "Uhm— hey..."

Krystal saw him and waved her hand, smiling happily. That's why I'll never be able to get rid from you...

"Hello, Channie!"

Chanyeol stopped his step, his eyes widened. Did she really call me Channie? Stop playing with my heart, Krys... "Ye—yeah. Long time no see, how are you?" he tried to calm himself just in case he could hide his nervousness. He would be success if his voice hadn't sound cracked in the air.

"I think I'm alright. How about you?"

"I'm fine." Because I meet you now.

"I hope so. Ah, do you wanna go to cafeteria?"

"Don't you?" He frowned, saw another girl stay beside Krystal was smiling and watching him properly right on his face. What's wrong with that girl? She looks creepy.

Just like you Park Chanyeol. Yeah it might be Kai who will answer like that if he was with him this time.

"No. Luna and I have to return this book to the library." Krystal said as turn her eyes to that girl whose name Luna.

"You can't!" He took step forward gazed on her. "Hmm, you don't have to do that. Just—just go! I mean you should get lunch you know." She can't go to there. She can't go to inside the library or—or—

"I know right. Don't worries I'll get lunch after I return this—"

"No!" This time he stretches his hand, blocking her so she can't take her step toward. "Let me help you this time. I will. I will help you. Give that book to me, I'll return it."

"You don't have to—"

"I insist. Let me do this okay." He took the book from her hand and pressed his lips into a thin smile.

"Are you serious? Okay then... Uhm, thank you."

"Now you can lunch. Don't make your stomach growling by waiting longer." He said jokingly and immediately pats her upper arm with his free hand, then received a glare from her. "Ah, I'm sorry."

"It's okay. Hmm I'll go, yeah and thanks again." She gave him a smile."

Then she grabbed her friend's hand and made ways from him when suddenly a hand stops her by hold her wrist.

"Hold on! Hmm it's just... Can we meet again? I mean out from this school, hmm going out. But if you don't want to... It's okay with me. Really. Don't worry; I know, I'm okay—"

"I will."

"What?"

"I will. When and where?" Chanyeol's eyes widened at the answer. He hadn't expected the answer would be turned like this, actually he was thinking if he would be rejected. "You... You don't ask me to go to date with you right?"

"What you said? Of course not."

"I'm joking." He saw a red blush appear on her face that makes him feels more nervous. He scratches his back neck as he saw her give him a nod. "When and where Chanyeol?"

"Hmm... How about Sunday morning? At 10 am at ice cream parlor near the bus stop?"

"I get it."

"Okay."

"I'll go now."

"Okay."

"Bye Chanyeol!" As she waved her hand, her friend who stay for long beside her during her conversation with Chanyeol, took a long glare at her. But she just giving back a smile whiles both walking toward the cafeteria.

 

 

Sulli was busy with some novels in her hand while Kai leaning on the wall near the window, waiting her impatiently.

"Hurry up! Have you found your book yet? Or I'll leave you."

Sulli came to him and Kai was begun to take a step when he heard that girl said something that make him stopped. "Kai, do you know what Chanyeol's "something bright" actually is?"

"What?"

"He told me, he finally found out something bright days ago. What's that?"

"Maybe he bought a new desk lamp—"

"Kai!" She raised her hand with a novel on her palm. Kai was sure she gonna slap him with that so he took a step away from her.

"How do I know? He didn't tell me anything." Except for that one... Yes, but maybe not. No, I don't want too.

"I feel like he hidden something from us. He keeps going on his way and often goes with us, leave me with you is so disgusting. I wonder if he found another friend—"

"No. Chanyeol isn't a person like that. He's a social able who make friend easily but he will never leave us like that."

"He was avoiding us, Kai. Don't you feel it?"

Kai frowned but he tried to give her a smile to calm her down. Of course I am. I'm the one who live with him 24/7. Just don't bring this up, okay... Calm down.

"I don't know. Hmm maybe he just needs a space? Let him Sulli. It is not like he'll go forever. He doesn't die any soon."

"Alright."

Kai sighed and place one hand around her shoulders. "Let's go Sulli. I'm hungry."

 

They walked down the stairs but met Chanyeol on the second floor, doing nothing but turned his head to right and left while holding a book was shocking them. The one he was holding looks like a novel, a kind one which same as what's Sulli bought.

"I thought you don't like go to library." Sulli came to him clinging on his arm so it makes him jumped as a shock.

"I am. That's why I ask you to do a favor of what Mr. Kim told me to do"

"And what does bring you up here? What's in your hand? Is that... Novel? As long I remember you prefer read manga..." And as Kai grabbed Chanyeol's hand he began to laugh, saw the cover of that book and nudged Sulli.

"I do. Stop questioning me! Let's go for food?" Chanyeol down the book on table and dragging his friends to move out from the library

 

When they arrived to the cafeteria, he breathes sigh of relief because Krystal has been gone...

 

 


 

"He knows you? Oh My God! How could he know you?"

"Why? What's wrong with me?"

"It's not about you but him. Oh My God! He is Park Chanyeol."

"I know his name, Luna."

"But I swear you don't know anything about him. The boy is a heartbreaker. A famous one in this school. Okay, I admitted he's not as attractive as his friend who good at soccer as well but still he such a rich-bastard kid who always playing around with the girls' heart. His bastard, how'd you know him?" Luna shook Krystal's arms with both her hand, eyes in disbelief.

"So... Oh I see. Do you like him?"

"Everyone likes him. Every girl likes him. Oh Kryst, you're so lucky."

Krystal patted Luna on her cheek and giggles, "why don't you take one step closer to him?"

"I never will." A smile on her face disappear, Luna took her hands back and walk to their seat in the classroom. "He doesn't like anyone, that what I wonder because no one get closer to him except that girl."

"Do you mean me?"

"Not you Krys, he seems close with that tall girl from the same class with him since the first year, a short haired one named Sulli."

"Oh..."

"But they said she isn't his girlfriend."

"Then she is not." Krystal patted her shoulder and gave her a warm smile.

"I hope so."

 


A/N

I feel like it's been years since my last updated. So here the little longer chapter to make up may long update. And yay, I added Luna here, how do you feel? The next chapter will be more expressive and please get ready for a new explosion! Hehe anyway I hope you like this one and don't hesitate to leave a comment. Let me hear your opinion about this story so it can go better, and go subscribe and vote as well, I really anticipate your support guys. Thank you :)