Chapter 3

Shine Bright Like A Crystal

 

"Wah... It's beautiful..."

"Do you like it?"

"Yeah. A lot!"

"Keep it on you, tomato... At least I can see it someday when we meet again."

"I will. Ah, can you help me wear this?"

"Oh, okay... Nah, look it's very suit on you."

"Yes, like you! Suit for me."

 

He was almost about to late when arrived to his class. Quickly he took a seat when the bell was ringing. "Why don't you come with Kai? He arrived ten minutes ago." Sulli poked his head from a behind. He turned his head to look at her whom sat behind him.

"I'm loss. His team wins." He said while gasping and trying to catch his breath. He was too tired this morning. First, he should ran to get a bus then running again for second time so he could came on time for this class. Sulli just laugh at him from behind but he didn't really mind. His mind already out to somewhere, excited to meet his... new friend? And he can't wait for the lunch time. He saw Kai sit in the front row with a happy smile and the most annoying face (that was he thought because Kai didn't seem really like to smile in that way too wide and glad) Chanyeol has ever saw turned around, giving him a ball-paper before giving him a wink. "He's crazy." He said and almost gives that boy all kind of curse when Mr. Lee entered the class.

"Alright, students. Today we have a quiz." Mr. Lee said made his jaw dropped.

"Why so suddenly?" Chen from his other side asked.

"I told you to study every night. Right, it's better to held a quiz now so I can figure out how far you understand my lesson." He said while began to the dividing the blank paper on every student's table. Chanyeol bowed his head and ruffled his hair. The third, another bad this morning. He grabbed a ball-paper that Kai given him and opened it. His eyes widened when he read what's written on that.

 

Hey, bastard. Thanks for loss.

I don't like to write but yeah I think I should write them for you anyway. I just did that so you couldn't possibly misunderstand me.

So here the list for "stuff" I'd like to buy:

- New soccer shoes, the old mine already look ugly.

- Some DVDs, yeah let's buy some adventure movies!

- A PSP hahaha

- How about a personal TV in my room?

- Buy me a bike! I want to ride it along the Han River. The scenery at night looks beautiful. Let's go with me if you might be wanted to buy one too? Hehe.

- New hand phone, Chanyeol. I wanna have a Note 3 ^^ like yours~

- Carrots!

That's all (I think enough up here) I'll contact you later if there's need an update for the list. Thank you, bastard!

 

..Kim Kai..

 

Chanyeol growled and gripped the paper. His face looked red and he needs to calm down his breath. ! This person really has gone crazy. What should I say to my parents about the credit card bills are soaring? He really wants to bankrupt me.

"Chanyeol Park! Save your paper and take the paper I gave you! You need to do your task." His teacher said from his table. Chanyeol nodded.

 


 

"Kai, don't you wanna go to cafeteria?" Chanyeol asked, pat his shoulder. He felt little bit annoyed by the-what-to-buy-list he given him this early morning but still he can't ignore his friend neither.

"I'm full, go there first! I'll come if I feel hungry."

"But Kai, you get Chanyeol's money. Buy me something!" It was Sulli who pat his another shoulder this time.

"Alright, Sulli. Just buy what you want then give it back to me." Kai said, took out Chanyeol's wallet from his bag then gave it to Sulli.

"Seriously Kai. It's for you not Sulli." Chanyeol grabbed his wallet and gave it back to Kai.

"Is there any differences?" Sulli pouted, immediately walking away.

"Hey Sulli, wait me! Come on, Kai! Buy her something or she'll strangle me."

"Aargkh... Fine! God, what's wrong with that girl? She looks like a hulk more instead of girl." Kai was began to follow Sulli when his phone vibrated inside his pocket, he frowned at unknown number appear on his LCD phone screen feeling little bit hesitated but he finally decided to picked up the phone and answer the call.

"Hello."

"Long time no see—" Suddenly Kai get shocked, he felt hot on his cheek, knee became so weak made him felt like about to fall, then he gulped.

"Who's that Kai?" Chanyeol asked him.

"You go there first, okay. Here your wallet, buy anything she wants." Kai put the wallet on Chanyeol's palm. Before Chanyeol was able to ask something he had gone, running out from their class.

 

It was easy for him to find Sulli, she always sat on their favorite place. But the thing what's made Chanyeol to laugh was she doesn't order anything. The table looked completely empty. "Do you really don't have money to buy something even water? You look pitiful, Sulli." Chanyeol sat across from her, watching her for five seconds without saying anything later. Sulli didn't even look at him, her lips pressed, neither of them moved to make a conversation so then he continue talking. "Here, I will buy them for you."

"What are you doing here? Where's Kai?" She asked without even look at him.

"I don't know. He received a call then gone out from the class. Hey, forget him and just tell me what do you want to order?"

"Buy me whatever." She said pouted but watching him properly this time.

"Okay, wait me here. Let's get our food!" Chanyeol stood up. Sulli felt better though, she often going with Chanyeol lately. Actually, it was Kai who always with her instead of him. And she didn't regret her act to look mad, however the boy seemed would do anything for her. Why didn't she take a chance? Finally, after lining up the impossibly long line, Chanyeol was able to get their food and head towards their seats.

"Chanyeol, hurry up!"

"Can you just sit there and wait me patiently?" Chanyeol took the nap on the table; he was ready to go again.

"Where will you go?"

"Sorry Sulli, I would have a nice lunch with you but right now I have something important to do—"

"No. You not go. Sit back!"

"Sulli—"

"I said no then no! Stupid." No other choice, he sat lazily. What girl is her. No doubt that both he and Kai didn't have courage for fighting against her, no matter.

"Don't you eat? You order two portions, how would I eat them all?" She asked him who still didn't touch his food instead his eyes start to scanning all side in the cafetaria. "What are you looking for?" Didn't get a response she was getting irritated, she slapped her palm on the table made the boy jumped.

"What are you doing?" He placed his hand on his chest, still on shock.

"Stop ignoring me! Who are you looking for?"

"No one." He downed his head.

"Are you sure? Seriously Chanyeol, can you just enjoying your time together with me? We should have enjoying our lunch. Relax..."

But he knew he doesn't. How can he? He was being too eager to meet his 'a new interesting thing' despite he didn't have a much time for talked with her yesterday. Instead of stop looking for her, he began to play with the chopstick, hit them on the bowl and create some noises.

"Oh My God... Seriously you! If you can't stay quiet and just eat your lunch is better to throw your out from there?" Chanyeol felt a pain of his left knee when she kicked him roughly under the table.

"Hey! How dare you!" He mocked, rubbing his knee. "Okay, fine. As your wish, I will go...!" He began to step out when suddenly Sulli grabbed his arm.

"You're so hard headed. Stubborn!"

"Never mind."

She sighed watching the boy has left. It was good for Chanyeol, he didn't find Krystal on there, he might be should looking for her in another place. But where? She's a new student so he didn't know where's her favorite place to spent her break time, except his table in the corner of cafeteria, or maybe it was just coincidence she sat on there?

 

He walked down each class to find where's Krystal class (he convinced himself that Krystal was in same grade as him though, so then he was just looking for her in every room for second grade) with a hope he can see her, when suddenly he looks Kai walked toward their class. He cancelled his plan then ran toward his best friend. "Whaddup Kai!" He placed his arm around the shorter boy.

"Where's Sulli?" Kai asked while realized he didn't find the girl presence around Chanyeol.

"Oh, she's in cafeteria. Still eating—"

"Then you leave her? Do you?"

"Yes. Ah, she was being too fierce today. I don't wanna get brush from her so then I left."

"Like you did something bad. You leave her eating alone, bastard." Kai smirked then walked into their classroom, Chanyeol following him from behind.

"Well. Why don't you go to there and accompany her instead? And where you have been?"

"Why should I? She needs you more, not me. And yeah I received a surprisingly special call today so I think to answer it in a special place too. You know, just need a private place to talk intimately."

Chanyeol leaned back into his chair, eyes widened then laugh at him while holding onto his stomach and then clapping his hand together. " you, Kai. If you call toilet as the special place, then your caller might be a something like... human's dump?"

"How could you—"

"Or a soap? Shampoo? Toothpaste?"

"A something fragrant like shampoo, soft like soap, and enlightening me like what toothpaste do with my teeth."

"."

"There's an important thing in my life like water, we always need water to drink, take a bath, washing our clothes and dishes, and we do need water, Chanyeol. Water our basic needs to survive."

"I don't ask you anything about water and whatever your bathroom stuff like soap or anything, okay?!"

"But you asked me first."

"I would regret to ask you. Whatever."

 


 

"Long time no see, carrot..."

"How'd you can call me?" He asked behind the door in the restroom. He heard that girl from the other side through the telephone chuckles. He watched his LCD phone screen again, then asked. "And that Korean number, how'd you get it?"

"It's alright since me—"

"Are you in Korea? Are you here? Tell me where you are."

"So eager to see me, didn't you?"

"I think I was going over excited for your comeback."

"Who told you I've comeback?"

"Krys..."

"It's my Korean number, save it okay?"

"Krys..."

"Hmm, I think I must go now. I'll call you again later. Bye!"

"Hold on! Where are you? Just tell me where you are."

"Not now, Kai. I must go..."

"Krys—" Just a second after he heard her last sentence the conversation was interrupted. He raised his hand messing his hair. It was pleasant for hear that his childhood friend, his close friend, his best friend, who left him for years because she began to move in her hometown where she was born, has been comeback. But why didn't she say anything about her arrival. Walking over to the sink, he runs his hand under the cool water and splashes some one his face. It felt good on his skin but not as good as his heart.

 


A/N

Now, do you finally realize who carrot and tomato are and what happened between them? I'll show you up about them later so please looking forward to next chapter :) Thank you (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚