Chapter 1

Shine Bright Like A Crystal

 

Can I call you my own, and can I call you my lover

Call you my one and only girl.

Can I call you my everything, call you my baby

You're the only one who runs my world.

 

{ Jeff Bernat - Call You Mine }

 

 

"When will you come back?"

"I don't know..."

"What if you forget me? What if you don't remember me?"

"I will not."

"Don't leave me, tomato."

"I'm sorry, but I will make sure that I'll back before I get married."

"What are you talking about?"

"Because I don't wanna married with American. I will look for my soul mate in here."

"Don't talk something ridiculous. I'm serious!"

"I'm not joking around with you neither."

"Don't forget me..."

"I will come back for you, carrot. I promise!"

 

 

She ran toward the bus stop in the four at afternoon. There's a place she should went to earlier, days before this, but she felt really nervous even though she was eager to meet them, the beloved peoples that ever exist in her life. Before she went out, her parents had told her to ride a car but she rejected. It's nice with bus since she didn't use it for long. The weather felt nice, Seoul was going better day by day, she thought. But also she felt a pity when lots of her favorite place in the past already changed with some other buildings. Like an ice cream parlor on the right of the street that should be a mini children park before. There are some swings, teer totter, and slide with pond sand also in there which used a lot when she was young. Then she remembered wasting her time play with her friend and didn't stop until her mom told her to back home and study. But then her thought and smile dropped immediately by the bump on her face. She tilted her face and realizes what happened. That's a boy right in front of her, almost dropped his groceries to her feet. This boy extremely tall, she thought. His brown hair fell on top the eyebrows. A frown marring his forehead and those adorable dimples on his cheek softening the otherwise stern expression on his handsome face. Eyes narrowed under the big specs, glanced on her. She took a step back.

"I'm sorry..." She said.

"No. It's okay."

The boy didn't move, instead she thought he was glanced on her properly like he began to scan her appearance from toe to hair, it felt creepy. But the boy doesn't look like a crime suspect or had criminal intentions to her, instead she thought he was cute, despite he were a large glasses and he brought too much carrots in the paper box on his right hand, too much and she chuckled.

"Hello? Are you alright?" She asked. She crouched nearer.

 

Suddenly he felt cold, very cold, like shard of ice were flowing in his vein and pieces of broken glass also coming up wanna eat his brain. Her voice, very beautiful like what's appearing in front of him, beautiful. His palm became sweat but how could that be when all he felt is cold?

 

"Oh y-yes. I-I'm fine. And oh my name is—"

"Do you like carrot?"

"What?" He shocked.

 

He barely even begin to mention his name when suddenly the girl interrupting.

 

"Oh its okay, I must go now. Sorry again I didn't look you while walking so—yeah it's nice to meet you. Bye!" She said while walking passed him, looking back and waved her hand.

"But it's okay. Very okay, and who are you? Should we meet again, aren't we?" He said softly while he saw the girl getting away from where he stood. When he began to take a step he felt something on the ground, looking down he saw a thing then took it and smile. "Very bright." And finally he took his step, walking happily.

 


 

It was the quarter after one, over midnight. He lay on his bed still trying to close his eyes. Why it doesn't work? Who's her? Those eyes, like I had ever seen them, somehow it felt like déjà vu. He murmurs while he presses his head to the pillow. He was sure about his thought about her, someone who bumped over his chest in the afternoon at the bus stop. Yes, I should meet her again. Make it clear. He grabbed the blanket on the edge of his bed then tries to sleep, really sleep.....

 

"! I'm late." He ran toward the closet to took his uniform which is hang on inside. It was 06.40 in the morning, he regrets for forgot to set his alarm so nothing could help him to awake if there's not some noises came from the room next his door. That's because that girl, I didn't get enough time for sleep. Why should her came along my mind despite she's no one, even I don't know her name. Just the feeling like I had ever met her before, maybe just saw her nowhere and when I sincerely don't know her. But yeah, here he was, too busy gathering his stuff and put it in his backpack with a rush.

"Hey don't you wanna breakfast? There's a toast on the kitchen table. How kind hearted I am right? Already made it for you. Hurry or we will late!" A sound came from the living room. It was Kai, his friend who moved along with him in his apartment since their first year at high school, because he knew him longer. They met when both still on the second year middle school when Kai and him still active attending the inter-school football game. They used to be rival before and then who knows that now they're on the same school even same class, until they found out that they matched well in almost all things. Almost.

"No. We already late. Must go now! Let's take your bag!" He grabbed his shoes.

"That's why I told you for stop came home in the midnight. You should sleep outside didn't you? Watching you like this really bothering me."

"That's why I told you I don't like having you as my roommate. Always yelping at me."

"Hey, you should be grateful. I made breakfast for you for almost everyday. And now you don't wanna eat this, fine. I just need to throw them in the trash."

"I didn't ask for it. I never ask you for cook for me or made me breakfast. Now shut up Kai! We have no time to argue, let's go or we will late!"

"Hey!"

"Come on, Kai! Do you really want to get scolded from the teacher?" Then Chanyeol take his car keys and heading for the door, ready to go...

 


 

"Do you fight with him?" Sulli walked toward the "dark-skin" (kinda hehehe) boy who sat next to her. It was a break time, other students were gone. Where else they go if not cafeteria? But Kai still Kai. He felt too lame.

"Is he really regrets to having I as his roommate?" He didn't realize while said it too loud, then Sulli frowns. "What? Who? So it's true that you two got a fight?"

"Aish, shut up Sulli! Why did you appear all of sudden? Are you a ghost?" He grabbed his hair, made it kinda look messy... So very him.

"I have been calling you but you didn't answer. Are you deaf?" She smiled naughty and give him a box of milk.

"No. Go away! I don't need milk or you or whatever. I just sleepy. I should take a rest for a moment, take it!"

"Kai. Jongin-ah! Are you got trouble with Chanyeol?"

"Don't call his name."

"Then take the milk and drink it. I swear after you drink this one your body will be fresher!" She grinned.

 


 

He walked slowly went to the cafeteria. Usually, he walked together with Kai but not today. He felt bad and not on good mood, he continues to keep walking toward his favorite table in the corner of cafeteria after he got his dishes. But then his steps stopped when he saw a girl with long hair and hold a cup of mocha sat on his favorite place. It's not he'd like anyone take his favorite place, except Sulli. Yeah, Chanyeol together with Kai has declaimer that place as theirs, everyone knew just in case both of them pretty popular in their school. It was just Sulli who'd like to come along with them because Chanyeol knew she'd like to take care of them, mostly Kai. Its okay, Chanyeol likes Sulli though. She always be their side anytime he has fight with Kai, more or less they often debated little thing. She was nice and not like other girls who always have a crush on them (or at least one of them) she was kinda boyish and doesn't have any interest of "love-like" to them. That's why they were enjoying with her and keep her beside them. And this time he thought Sulli was somewhere with Kai, maybe try to calm him after they had little fight this morning. He didn't mean to. Why Kai always doing all things for him? Despite he's the one who pay for apartment, he told Kai to stay with him willingly. Because he didn't have friend and there's Kai who always with him. Kai who knew him well. Okay, the fight, actually he also didn't know why he felt too sensitive since yesterday, in afternoon when he on the way after looking for some groceries in the market. Right after he passed the bus stop. Although he didn't mean to hurt Kai, because they have little fight often though, he thought maybe Kai really mad on him this time because his argument, regretting to have Kai as his roommate, probably Kai took them seriously.

 

Back to his gaze, he know that girl whose back facing him two table from he stood isn't Sulli. Her hair long despite Sulli has short hair just above her shoulder. Felt bothered, he came nearer. "Who are you?" He said near to her chair, his eyes meet the girl's back. "Oh?" She shocked then turned around; watching someone who she thought was talk to her.

"What?" She asked but still didn't move from the chair.

In other side, Chanyeol also get surprised to see who the girl he called to ask seconds ago. Her eyes met the others. Then he shocked his head. "Oh no! It's you!" He put his tray on table and drag a chair across from her, the he sat on there. "What are you doing here with that uniform? Are you a student? But I never saw you around here before." He asked.

"Hold on, do you know me?" He chuckled when the girl asking him back.

"If I know you I wouldn't ask why you are here wearing that uniform because if you are a student in his school I could probably see you often. But it's like we just meet twice." He said calmly and takes a sip of his orange juice. She was frown seem like she had to try to think about something. Then she watched Chanyeol properly, from his brown hair and the bang above his eyebrows, then his eyes which colored as brown as his hair, his straight nose, and his smile..... No. He wasn't even smile. He's grinned all the time that made her shivered. She thought that smile just a little bit "too much". She put down her gaze and continues to drink her mocha. It's better. She thought.

"Do you really not remember me? Because I remember you." He laughed. "Seriously, it was yesterday and you don't remember at all. I know my memory is bad and I hope yours isn't as bad as mine though."

"Me? What?" Chanyeol couldn't stop laugh at her confused face.

"Yeah. We meet yesterday in the bus stop and you fall this." He took out something from his pocket then gives it to her.

"My necklace....."

"Yes, it is yours. So do you remember now?" He heard the girl laugh.

"Oh is that you? They boy who brought carrot in big amount?"

"Oh, I hope you remember my face instead of what I bough." But then he smiles.....