Promise 5

The Promises (English Ver.)

" What are you doing here,Joon Hyung ? " Mir asked, who was currently sitting next to Joon . Joon just smiled to his close dongsaeng in their clan. He then took a deep breath before he exhaled it slowly.

 

" Mireu yah... You already knew that I did not want to come here anymore but I had to. I had to come back here because of ByungHee’s insistence,” said Joon. He sighed slowly.

"How did he know about this place? I’m sure that it was you who told him about this place. Am I right,Hyung?” asked Mir again . Joon only shook his head.

 

" Ani. I never told him about Seryang-Je. I’m sure his omma never told him about this place too. So...I have no idea of how he was able to find out about here,” replied Joon, also feeling confused.

 

" I was going to stop  him but ... I ... I did not want him know about my true identity, well at least not for a moment. I want to stay by his side. I want to protect him, " said Joon, continuing his words. Mir turned towards him. His face looked uncomfortable with Joon’s words.

"But now, you put ByungHee in danger, Hyung. Later on, they will know about ByungHee. “ said Mir, whispering. Joon bit his lips while thinking of Mir’s words and he had to admit that Mir was true. He could actually try other ways to stop ByungHee from coming to Seryang-Je without revealing his true identity. But, even Joon himself was still not sure of why he let ByungHee come to Seryang-Je eventhough he knew the consequences. Was it probably because he missed Seryang-Je too?

 

" This place is not safe anymore, Hyung. More people are killed by them day by day. Many of the rest already moved out from this place because they don’t want to be killed by the vampires. We had tried to protect Seryang-Je but...they became stronger than before. Sometimes we couldn’t even give them a fight,” said Mir. Joon kept in silence. It seemed that Seryang-Je ‘s condition had became worse since he left 30 years ago. He turned towards Mir slowly. He noticed a lot of bruises on Mir’s arms. Mir who realized Joon’s glance just smiled cynically.

" You don’t need to ask me, Hyung. This is all because of my stubbornness to invade their area,” Mir said in a calm tone.

"Yah! I already told you before that we can never go into their place, right? It’s too dangerous! You could be killed,” said Joon, shocked. He did not agree with Mir’s reckless actions.

" I am not afraid to die as long as I can kill all of them by myself,” said Mir. He had always waited for the good timing for him to take his revenge of those vampire clans. Joon then put his hand over Mir’s shoulder.

"You need to control your anger, Mireu yah. Not all of them are bad. By the way, we still have our agreement with them, right? I don’t want any other conflicts between us because of our negligence about it,” said Joon. It seemed like Joon was more calm compared to Mir. Because of that reason, he was chosen as a leader in their clans before he decided to follow ByungHee to Seoul 30 years ago. Mir smiled cynically.

" You should take care of ByungHee,Hyung. HE will definitely come back just because of ByungHee. HE will not let ByungHee go this time,” Mir said before he got up from his seat. Joon did not turn to Mir as he was thinking of what Mir said just now.

" I saw him just now,” said Joon , whispering. Mir was not surprised at all. He already knew that HE will come back to get ByungHee this time.

 

 

 

Joon accompanied ByungHee going sightseeing in one of the villages in Seryang-Je. ByungHee was interested in seeing a variety of goods sold in that town. Joon on the other hand was just focused on the surrounding of that village. He really had no idea why suddenly he felt like something bad will happen to ByungHee at that time. He turned towards ByungHee who was busy taking pictures of that village’s beautiful scenery.

 

" You should take care of ByungHee, Hyung.HE will definitely come back just because of ByungHee. He will not let ByungHee go this time.”

 

"Yah, Joon ah ! "

 

Joon startled a little when he heard his name was called by ByungHee.

" I wanna buy something for breakfast. What would you like to eat? I’ll buy it for you,” said ByungHee, while letting his camera hung freely around his neck.

 " Em ... anything. “ Joon replied. ByungHee then smiled at him.

“Okay. I’ll go and find something to eat,” said ByungHee.

“Hyung!”

ByungHee looked back at the latter.

“I’ll wait for you here. Just ... please come back here soon, okay?” Joon said those words hesitantly, as if he was pleading ByungHee to do so. ByungHee laughed while looking at Joon’s worried expression. He then nodded once.

“Neh!” replied ByungHee, before walking away from Joon.  Joon sighed heavily. He was really worried about ByungHee’s safety especially after he saw a man with black coat during their first day in Seryang-Je before. He did not want to stay away from ByungHee even for a second. But at the same time, he do not want ByungHee to feel uncomfortable with his over protectiveness. He had to hide his true identity from ByungHee as long as he was able to protect ByungHee closely.

 

 Joon sat on a bench while waiting for ByungHee. However, he started to feel uneasy when ByungHee was still not coming back again to him after he left for about half an hour ago.

"Where is he? " asked Joon, worried. He looked to his surroundings, his eyes wandered around, trying to find ByungHee.

"I'd better go and find him , " he said, started to leave that place and find ByungHee.

 

 

Joon was shocked when he saw a lot of people gathering around something that was not visible to his view. It was weird enough since all the people were whispering and making too much noise, as if they were seeing something horrifying. Joon’s heartbeat almost skipped a beat when ByungHee’s face reflected in his mind. He then ran into the crowd quickly and was shocked when he looked at ByungHee who was sitting on the ground. ByungHee just stared at the ground with a shocked expression and he looked pale too. Joon then quickly went to ByungHee before imediately touching ByungHee’s shoulder.

" Hyung! Hyung! "

ByungHee slowly looked up to Joon after he heard someone calling his name.

" Joo Joo .. Joon .. ah ... " ByungHee replied with a stutter. He looked pale and was sweating heavily.

" What happened to you? " asked Joon, feeling worried as ever. ByungHee was unable to answer Joon’s question since he still in a shocked state. Joon looked at ByungHee’s surroundings. He was shocked as soon as he saw a huge iron pole on the ground. He then turned his head upward. There was a man looking at them from the above. However, Joon unable to see that human’s face clearly because of the bright sun ray that shined above all of them. That mysterious man then slowly disappeared from Joon’s view. Joon bit his lips. It seemed like ByungHee’s presence to Seryang-Je was already known by that tribal blood eaters. Joon turned again towards ByungHee. He then helped ByungHee to stand by supported him before they leaved that village.

 

So suddenly, Joon was as if could see Mir in between all the people that became the members of the crowd at that time. After awhile, he could see him clearly and eventually he looked at the boy in a gaze that only both of them understand. Mir then smiled and nodded once.

 

 

 " Hyung , are you okay? Do you feel hurt anywhere?” Joon asked while checking ByungHee’s arm as soon as they were already in their room.

" I’m okay, " replied ByungHee. Joon released a sigh of relief as soon as he was sure that ByungHee was fine and did not have any injuries on him. He took a long gaze at ByungHee who was leaning his body against the headboard of the bed.

" What happened actually, Hyung ? " asked Joon , eager to know what happened to ByungHee just now. ByungHee kept quiet for a while before the turned to Joon who was waiting for the answer from him.

 

 

Flashback: 

 

 

ByungHee smiled when he saw variety of delicious foods that was sold there. His attention was then attracted to one of the small stalls there and he then eventually paced his way towards it. However, he immediately stopped when he heard noises from above. His eyes widen immediately as he saw a big iron pole that was going to fall on top of him but unfortunately it was as if ByungHee was glued to the ground and could not move even an inch. So suddenly, ByungHee felt that a mysterious man hugged him from behind, before the man's back was crushed by that huge iron pole. People who were there were surprised by the events that happened at that time .

ByungHee then looked at the mysterious man who just rescued him. That mysterious man’s face looks quite pale with his bright red lips, along with the dark circles under his pair of eyes that made him looks somehow gorgeous and attractive. His brownish hair that fell so freely, covering a part of his wide forehead made him look so fine and that made ByungHee almost lost his breath. For a moment, their eyes met and the two remained to be that way for a few seconds before the mysterious man finally let his hands of ByungHee. He then left the scene, probably feeling worried that his presence would be known by the wolf clans that always guard the village. ByungHee looked at the iron pole behind him. He eyes widen back again while having them staring at the pole for a moment.

" Who that man really is? " asked ByungHee.

 

 

 

The man was sitting on the highest tree branch, gazing upon the calm night sky. Slowly, he let out a sigh before he flashes a thin smile.

 

" Finally I got to meet him, " he said, in a voice that he found rather soft . ByungHee’s face earlier was still in his mind, even when he was already in his room. He had waited for too long. It’s time.. - to meet ByungHee .

 

 

 

Cr : ainnurdoongie