Promise 1

The Promises (English Ver.)

30 years later ...

 

 

 Joon was surprised when a sudden light flash pass his eyes, upon realizing something he turned around.

"Yah!", he shouted, angrily. He heard the man laugh behind him and who pulled up a chair and sat in front of him. He placed his camera on the table which is full of books and papers of Joon.

"Since when did you become a very hard working student?” Byunghee asked while scanning on the papers written by Joon who ignored ByungHee and continued writing his paper which is by now already late for submission.

“Don’t disturb me hyung. I’m busy right now," said Joon , refusing to be disturbed. ByungHee just smiled as he took his beloved camera scanning the pictures he shot a while ago before showing one to Joon.

" Hyung!!! Delete that picture!”, Joon shouted, he didn’t like how he looked in the picture. Byunghee was shaking in laughter.

"No way! This picture is one of the most creative shot in my collection”, Byunghee said raising his eyebrow. Joon glared at him which he completely ignored.

"Don’t you have anything to do now hyung? Aren’t you going to prepare for the upcoming final examinations?” Joon asked as he continues revising his papers. Byunghee just pursed his lips while shaking his head.

“Nope, I already know from all the lectures we had plus I’m too lazy to read those books”, Byunghee simply replied.

“You’re so lucky to be smart hyung.I envy you,”, Joon said with a voice of jealousy which made Byunghee smile.

"Uh~  Joon ah... “Byunghee interrupts Joon again.

"Now what hyung?” he asked in annoyance.

"We are going to have a long break after this, right? I wanted to have a vacation with you”, Byunghee remarked making Joon stop to look at him.

"To go where hyung?”, Joon asked but Byunghee only smiled not giving him an answer.

 

 

Byunghee stepped into his house before he sat on the couch while releasing a long breath. Today was a very tiring day for him. Their examination finally getting closer and he has to attend a lot of extra classes in preparation for their exams. He placed his right arm on his forehead.

 

" Byunghee yah ~ ~ ~ "

 

He snapped his eyes open. Looking from left to right as to where the voice is coming from but as expected he was alone.

 

" Byunghee yah ~ ~ ~ "

 

He heard the voice again calling his name, getting up from his seat. He slowly reached for the baseball bat near him for protection.

"Who is it?”, he asked in a nervous voice.

"Who is it?”, he asked again swallowing his saliva nervously. He looked up as he heard a knock on his door, he swallowed hard when the knocks are getting louder. All sorts of scenarios ran through his mind. Slowly, he walked towards the door and turning the knob.

"Omma ... " Byunghee release a sigh of relief upon seeing his mother standing on his doorstep.

 

"Yes it’s me, why? ", asked his mother, Mrs. Jung. ByungHee looked around to see if there is anyone who came with his mother, his mom looked at him confused.

"What’s wrong ByungHee ? " Mrs Jung asked and Byunghee looked at her.

"Omma , did you come alone?”, he asked curiously.

"Ya!, what’s wrong with you? I always come alone”, his mother said not suspecting anything. ByungHee just shut the door locking it. Mrs. Jung stopped and turned towards her only son.

"Why are you holding a baseball bat like that?”, she asked as Byunghee quickly placed it back near the couch.

"Nothing omma”, her son replied, she shook her head and went straight towards her bedroom leaving her son on the leaving room.

"Errm ... omma"

 

Mrs. Jung looked at her son .

 

“Did you just call my name omma?”,Byunghee asked watching his mother nod her head.

"Why?”, she asked.

“Errm…it’s nothing. You should go in and have a rest. I’ll prepare our dinner tonight”, he said smiling to his mother. Mrs.Jung smiled back at him before she walking away leaving him in the living room. Byunghee sighed, he was still unconvinced that it was his mother calling his name. The voice he heard earlier was not from his mother but it is owned by a man he never knows before. He can’t forget that unknown voice calling his name. Byunghee quickly shook his head trying to get rid of that disturbing voice.

 

 

Mrs. Jung looked at Byunghee who was busy preparing their dinner. Byunghee’s behavior is different that night, usually he will talk to her about his school’s stuffs or anything that happened to him on that day. However he seems more comfortable remaining silent like something is on his mind.

"Byunghee-yah", she called Byunghee,softly.

"Ne , omma , " Byunghee looked at her.

"What’s wrong with you my dear? Do you have any problems at school?”, she asked worriedly.

"Ani ... waeyo?", her son replied shaking his head, pretending that everything is alright.

"Are you sure? You should tell me if you have problems maybe I can help you to solve it”, she said. Byunghee just smiled serving her with the food he prepared and sat across from her.

“How can I share my problems with you if I don’t have on at all?”, Byunghee replied smiling. Mrs. Jung just smiled back and looked at the dishes her son cooked.

“How’s school?”.

“I have no problems at school, I am a top student after all”, Byunghee said proudly.

“But still…you should focus with your studies since the exams are just around the corner. Don’t be too busy playing with your camera”, said Mrs.Jung.

" Arasso. Can we eat now? I’m starving", he said. Mrs. Jung stared at her son still thinking that he is hiding something from her.

 

 

 

 

English Translation Credit to kimminah89 ^^