Promise 4

The Promises (English Ver.)

After 2 weeks...

 

 

Joon glanced at Byunghee who was whistling while driving, they both look gorgeous and handsome with even in a simple outfit. Byunghee is so happy that his dream of having vacation to Seryang - Je is fulfilled even though originally his mother opposed by his request .

"Byunghee hyung..."

"I promise that we will stay in Seryang-Je for only 1 week, okay? After that we can go to other places”, said Byunghee cutting Joon.

 Joon is actually feeling guilty towards Mrs. Jung for he is unable to stop Byunghee from going to Seryang-Je, most importantly Mrs. Jung has no knowledge about their trip to Seryang-Je. Byunghee lied to his mother saying that he’ll go to Jeju Island during his break instead of Seryang-Je.

"Omma ... Mianhe", Byunghee whispered while focusing on his driving. Joon also divert attention away from Byunghee. He was blown away to see the beautiful views of Seryang-Je. He admitted that Seryang-Je is a very beautiful place to visit. The beauty of nature remains the same. It seems like Seryang-Je’s nature is undisturbed by the greedy humans in pursuit of modernization. There are many people who still practice the traditional lifestyles such as farming, different like those who live in Seoul.

Byunghee then stopped his car in front of a guest house, which is the only available in - Je Seryang. He released a sigh of relief while doing a bit of stretching after driving for a long time. He smiled happily as he is able to reach Seryang-Je without any problem. But it’s different for Joon who keep staring at the guest house in front of them.

"This place is very nice. But I can’t seem to understand as to why there are no hotels or chalets other than this small guesthouse?”, Byughee asked leaning on his seat. Joon didn’t respond he keep looking at the forest that was located not very far from them. Then he turned to some people who looking at them surprisingly. Probably Seryang-Je is not visited by outsiders for a long time.

"Hyung", Joon said as he looks at Byunghee who glanced at him.

"Why?”, he asked and Joon once again looked at the people watching them from outside.

"I feel uneasy about those people outside. I think we should leave Seryang-Je now”, Joon said worriedly but Byunghee just smiled.

“It’s just you Joon-ah. By the way, I’m too tired right now. Can we just stay here and get some rest for a while? If something comes up we’ll leave this place immediately”, Byunghee replied ignoring the people looking at them, he just wants to rest for he is too tired they had going to Seryang-Je.

“Come on I’m tired,”Byunghee said gently patting Joon’s shoulder before leaving Joon alone in the car. Joon sighed heavily Byunghee is right. At least they could take a rest for a while before they leave Seryang-Je if something bad happen in the place. With a heavy heart he followed Byunghee.

 

 

"Good..."

 

The woman looked stunned by looking at ByungHee and Joon who just entered the guest house.

"Welcome to Seryang-Je... erm ... is there anything that I can help you,sir?”, the woman at the reception asked.

 

"We need a room for 2”, Byunghee said smiling at the woman. Joon who was at his side stayed silent letting ByungHee do the talking.

 

"Em ... okay. How long do you want to stay here?” the woman asked making it obviously that their arrival was a surprise.

 

"Maybe for one week?”, Byunghee replied.

 

"A week?!”, the woman exclaimed in surprise making Byunghee frown.

 

"Em .. yes a week. Is there a problem with it miss?”, he asked but the woman only smiled and shok her head.

"No. It’s just that ...”, the woman looked at Joon who remained silent.

"It’s just that we never received any visit from other people for a long time. So...it’s a surprise for us here"

“Kamsahamida” , Byunghee said to the women before giving Joon a signal to follow him, Joon just nodded without turning towards the women who are still looking at him.

 

 

Byunghee lay down on the bed as soon as they stepped into their room. Joon went towards the balcony after he put his bag in the corner of the room. The view of the ocean can be seen clearly from their room.

"This place is great, am I right Joon-ah?”, Byunhee asked following Joon who just smiled at him.

"But ... why did she say this place is not visited by people for a long time?”, he asked but Joon remained silent for a moment.

“ I do not know either hyung. " Joon replied. ByungHee then took out his camera from his bag. Joon was just smiling at him. It’s seems like Byunghee’s addiction toward his camera can’t be stopped. Joon just enjoyed the scenery in front of him, while letting Byunghee do his hobby. Joon’s eyes then focused on a man who was walking in the area near to them he was dressed in black and to Joon’s surprise he was looking directly at him making him uncomfortable.

"Hyung . "

"Em”, Byunghee respond still preoccupied with his camera.

“You said you want to have some rest no right?”, he asked as Byunghee looked at him .

 

"If you are tired ... you should go and rest Joon. I’ll come later”, Byunghee replied. It’s seems like his tiredness disappear once he looked at the beautiful views of Seryang-Je. Joon looked back to where the man dressed in black was but he was no longer there. Joon frowned. Where did the man go?

 

Joon looke at  Byunghee who is  sleeping on the bed. He smiled before looking towards the wide open window in their room. He walked towards it before he closed it a little still enabling the wind to pass into the room. He looked at Byunghee once again before he decides to have night walk alone.

Joon sat alone in the beach overlooking the ocean. He closed his eyes trying to enjoy the calm and evening breeze. But suddenly, he felt he was being watched by someone, he pretends to be calm as if nothing will happen.  Shortly after that, he could hear something coming towards him. Joon moved fast as it was moving closer. The big creature was punched by Joon hard making it thrown away from him. Under the dim moonlight, Joon looked at four-legged mystery creature who was trying to get up after being thrown. It looks like a wolf. The wolf-like-creature looked at Joon with a sharp glance as it prepares to attack Joon once again. The wolf-like- creature began to move slowly toward Joon before his shadow slowly turned into a human-like-creature.

"You're still strong as ever. "

 

Joon just smile when hearing the words of that human.

 

"Oraen – maniya Cheol Yong-ah ..." Joon said with a smile.

 

 

 

Cr : kimminah89