Promise 2

The Promises (English Ver.)

Byunghee went to his room as soon as he was done with his work,locking his door to avoid any distractions. Sitting on his bed he pulled out his mother’s diary under the pillow, he believes that the diary belongs to his mother. He found it while cleaning the store.

He laid down scanning the diary and took out a picture. It was a picture of a scenery and he has been attracted to it even though upon looking at the picture it is old but it has captured the beauty of the scenery perfectly.

"It’s beautiful. She never told me that she went to this kind of beautiful place," he said with a smile . Evidently his interest in photography was inherited from his mother but she always deny it when he asked.

“Memories in Seryang-Je…”

He saw the writing that was written at the back of the picture. He smiled. He looked at his camera that was bought by his own savings and looked at the picture again. He closed his eyes and started dreaming of going to Seryang- Je to see the views by himself. He never read the content of the diary for he was only interested on the photo in his hand.

 

 

 The next day…

Byunghee looked at his mother who is busy preparing breakfast for him. He must tell his mother about his plan to go to Seryang-Je during his break soon.

" Omma,"he called .

"Yes?" Replied Mrs.Jung, without looking at him .

" Em ... There is something that I need to tell you," said he said looking at her, she turned towards her son and wiped her hands before sitting.

"I was correct about you last night. You have something to tell me. So…what is it?”, she asked smiling “Em ... omma ...you know that I’m gonna have break after I finish with my examinations, right? So… I have plans for that time and I need to ask your permission about it”, Byunghee said and Mrs.Jung waited for him to continue.

"Omma, I plan to have a vacation with Joon during our break”

"Vacation? Where?”, she asked feeling unhappy about her son’s request.

" Em ... Seryang-Je?”, he replied uncertainly. Mrs.Jung was surprised once Byunghee mentioned Seryang-Je. Byunghee looked at his mother when she didn’t speak.

" Omma ? "

"Why Seryang-Je? How do you know about that place?”She asked.

" Em ... I saw it on internet. The place looks nice and I want to snap a lot of pictures of Seryang-Je”, he lied, he doesn’t want his mother to know about the diary. Mrs. Jung just sighed.

"Don’t you have any other place that you want to go? If not, I can suggest other places that you can go for your vacation son”, she said unhappily.

"Omma ~ ~ ~”, Byunghee complained obviously determined to go to Seryang-Je

"It’s too far from here and I’ll worry”

"But omma..."

"I can let you to go on vacation to somewhere else, but not Seryang-Je", she said firmly .

"But why?", Byunghee asked not satisfied with his mother’s ​​objection. Mrs. Jung knows her son won’t believe her reasons for objecting, she sighed, but I honesty she doesn’t want her son to know about it.

"I have to go now", Mr’s Jung said not answering her son’s question, she took her bag and left. Byunghee bit his lips confused, what could his mother be hiding about Seryang-Je

 

"Byunghee-yah ~ ~ ~ "

 

Byunghee was surprised, looking from left to right to the source of the voice.

 

"Byunghee-yah~ ~ ~ "

 

"Who is it?!", Byunghee raised his voice. The same mysterious voice still disturbs him. However the whispers became loud and the voice echoes around the house.

 

"I don’t know who you are but please don’t disturb me anymore!", he said to that unknown man's voice. He quickly took his bag and leave.

 

"You won’t escape from me again. "

 

Byunghee stopped.

 

"One day ...you will come to me by yourself... “, the voice of the man said whispering making Byunghee’s body shiver.

“One day…you will come to me by yourself…”

Byunghee shook his head, trying to shake the voice from his head but it remained.

 

 

 

 

 

Byunghee sat alone at his college rooftop. He sighed heavily.

“Whose voice was that?”

That's the only question that lingers in his mind.

 

"Hyung!"

 

Byunghee jumped in surprise when someone touched his shoulder form behind. He turned back and saw Joon standing behind him smiling.

"Hyung, you didn’t go to class just now. What happened?”, Joon asked but Byunghee just shook his head.

 

"Are you sure that you’re okay?", Joon asked again, he was confused by Byunghee’s action

"Why are you looking at me like that hyung?", he asked when Byunghee only looked at him weirdly forcing himself to laugh about the awkward situation. But Byunghee chose to ignore Joon’s questions, he stood up and left.

"Yah! ~ ~ ~ Hyung!"

 

Joon quickly chased Byunghee.

 

 

 

 

Green leaves move as the wind blows, the birds chirping makes the forest seems calm. However the peace did not last long when a sound of something moving is heard from a tree. The movement seems too fast that it cannot be seen by a eye.

 

The movement stops on one of the tall tree branches overlooking the view of the mountain. The man closed his eyes feeling calm air is blowing into his face. His eyes suddenly turned red when a familiar scent filled his nose.

"I promise ... Someday we will meet again."

 

 

 

 

Cr: kimminah89 ^^