Promise 3

The Promises (English Ver.)

Mrs. Jung looked at the clock hanging on the wall. It’s already 11 pm but Byunghee is not home yet. She tried to calling her son but he never answered his phone. Mrs. Jung started worry and restless, Byunghee never did this before. Usually he would call her if he will be home late. Mrs. Jung looked at the picture of her and her son on the table, she smiled. Her son has grown up into an adult already but she is unsure if he’s ready to know the truth behind Seryang-Je. She sighed heavily; she doesn’t want her son to experience bad things in Seryang-Je.

What if ByungHee is still mad at her for objecting his plan to go to Seryang-Je? What was her reason? She has never explained to Byunghee about it, he will not believe her words about his past – 30 years ago.

 

"We must protect Byunghee no matter what happens. We should not let them know where he is.”

 

Mrs. Jung tried to call Byunghee’s phone again and again.

" Byunghee-yah ... please answer the phone... ",she began to worry about her son even more.

 

 

However, her attention was momentarily displaced when she heard someone knocking on their door. She opened the door immediately.

 

"Byunghee!",Mrs. Jung was surprised to see an unconscious Byunghee, being supported by Joon.

"What happened?”, she asked touching her son’s face worriedly.

"Miane ...He never stopped drinking even if I’ve tried to stop him”, Joon explained. Mrs. Jung sighed in relief upon hearing Joon’s explanation. Luckily, nothing bad happened to her son. With Joon’s help they brought Byunghee to his room, she covered her son with a blanket.

"Ahjumma..."

Mrs. Jung turned towards Joon.

"What's wrong with hyung? He’s been acting strange today; he kept silent and didn’t attend class at all”

"Did he say anything?”, Mrs. Jung asked.

 

 “No but he kept saying ‘Go way. Leave me alone’ while he was unconscious. Em ahjumma...is did something happened to hyung or is someone stalking him? Because he looks totally acting strange compared to yesterday”, Joon said who was wondering about his hyung’s behaviour.

"Did Byunghee talked to you about...", Mrs. Jung paused.

"About what, ahjumma? ", Joon asked but mrs. Jung only shook her head and smiled thinly. They looked at Byunghee worriedly.

 

Mrs. Jung placed wet towels on Byunghee’s forehead and his hair softly.

"Byunghee-yah...I told you before you shouldn’t drink too much,” said Mrs. Jung gently her son’s cheek and looking at his thin overgrown moustache. Their faces are really identical, especially their eyes.

“He will recognise Byunghee by only looking at his eyes...” She whispered. What will happen to Byunghee if they know about is return to Seryang-Je?”, she swallowed nervously trying to ignore all the bad scenarios that were playing in her mind.

"Go way! Do not disturb me anymore!"

Mrs. Jung was surprised to hearing Byunghee’s voice. His eyes still shut tightly, as he is having a nightmare. Mrs. Jung shakes her son trying to wake him up.

"Byunghee-yah!", Mrs. Jung tries to wake him up then he became silent and continued to sleep.

"Byunghee-yah”, she once again tried to wake him up but there was no response.

 

“...he kept saying ‘Go way. Leave me alone’...”

Joon 's words come back into her mind. Mrs Jung feared her assumptions are true.

 

 

"Good morning, omma! "

 

Mrs. Jung was surprised feeling someone’s embrace from behind looking back she can see her son smiling at her.

"Byunghee-yah."

 

Byunghee sat on chair while waiting for his breakfast that is being prepared by his mother.

"Are you still feel dizzy, my dear?”, his mother asked worriedly after serving their food and sitting in front of him.

"Mianeyo omma. I caused a lot of trouble last night. I shouldn’t have made you worry”, Byunghee said and Mrs. Jung just smiled.

  "If you have any problem you could tell me“, said Mrs. Jung after seeing her son smile.

"I’m alright, omma. Maybe I’m just too tired with my studies. You shouldn’t be worry about me,” said ByungHee .Mrs. Jung looked towards her son eating the food happily. Did Byunghee forget about what happened to him last night?

 "Byunghee-yah...about your vacation...”

 

"Gwenchana ... omma. As you wish...I’ll not go to Seryang-Je during my break, okay?” , he said without looking at his mother. Mrs. Jung was surprised with Byunghee’s words she can’t believe her son changed his mind fast.

"Em, omma. I have to go first.  Joon already waiting downstairs”, Byunghee said upon reading the message on his phone.

"Byunghee-yah", Mrs. Jung called making Byunghee turn towards his mother before leaving. Mrs. Jung hesitated to continue her words.

"Don’t come home late tonight”, she said and smiled upon seeing her son nod his head.

"Ne. I’ll be home early tonight, since it’s my turn to prepare dinner right?, Byunghee said as he leaves making his mother look him even when he was already gone.

 

Tranquillity in the forest is gone when the sound of wolves barking can be heard as they chase something in the dark. It was moving too fast but the wolves continued to chase it. It then stopped on a cliff as soon as it passed the river that separates the two canyons. The wolves started to slow down as they looked at the creature on the river bank. However, a brown furred wolf was still running in high speed in order to catch up the creature.

 

"Stop!"

 

The brown furred wolf seemed to ignore it’s clans warnings but he seemed to be pushed by a force that can’t be seen by the eyes as it tried to come closer to the creature. The creature stared at the wolf and smiled cynically. The brown furred wolf looked at it angrily. But the creature ignored it before flying away leaving the wolves. Then a big black furred wolf walked towards the other wolf.

 

"No matter what happens, we are not allowed to enter their territory."

 

The brown furred wolf looked straight into the black wolf’s eyes .

 

"I don’t care. I’m gonna kill all of them and never leave a single vampire alive in our place anymore.”

The brown furred wolf said before leaving its clan.

 

 

Cr:kimminah89