Playground with V

Like a Bent Tree

Ashley strolled down the hallways of BigHit after a successful completion of today’s practice. She craned her neck back and released a breath of relief. Today’s practice was difficult as usual but enjoyable. She recalled her morning. An event took place just as she entered the dance studio that morning. Before she can utter a word, her teammates bear tackled her into a hug.

“Guys?” Ashley stood there, shocked with her arms wrapped around the girl’s shoulders.

“Ashley I’m so sorry we couldn’t come yesterday night!” RiSe apologetically cried and pressed her face into body. Ashley swore that girl was getting stronger every day. She practically squeezed the living life out of her.

“Yeah, we care about you, Leader.” Zuny calmly said.

Then to her surprise, Sojung reached behind her back and placed a plate full of homemade cookies in front of her.

Ashely stared at the plate in awe. They were sugar cookies shaped by cookie cutters and decorated by none other than their members. “Fighting!” “Number 1 Leader” and other nice messages were written on it. She wanted to cry. They were so kind!

“I have no words.” Ashely’s stung and began to coat in water but she blinked them back. She looked up and smiled. “I love you guys.” She truly did. Sure, she was a little bit saddened that her teammates were not there for her first competition but she knew their reasons. To make it up to her, was something she didn’t expect. They truly had a strong bond.

“Oh my god. We’re going to make her cry aren’t we?” EunB held onto Ashley’s arm. “Don’t cry. Your makeup is going to run and no one wants to see that.”

Ashley lightly punched her in the arm. “Shut up.” She smiled.

With that, they began the dance practice and she sang more lively than usual.

Just as she was about to leave BigHit’s building to run for a drink, she turned the corner a crouched body and sticking out from underneath a table. The male’s moved from side to side as if he was stuck. Then he finally crawled backwards but before he could crawl out all of the way, his head bumped against the underneath surface of the table. 

“Aish!” He crawled out from underneath the table and clutched his throbbing head. Ashley just stood their staring. She couldn’t help but smile when she discovered who it was.

It was V. Ashley heard him mumble to himself before he stuck his head back underneath the table.

“It has to be here somewhere…” V stuck out his tongue to one side of his mouth while his hands the ground for something.

Their first meeting was a bit embarrassing. She didn’t really say much to him and she came off star-struck as J-Hope described when he revealed what V felt about her. Ashely would like to think she became more comfortable with some of the members for the most part. From what she’s seen of V, he seemed as friendly natured just as the other members.

“Looking for something?” Ashley finally spoke. She bent her knees and let her hands rest on them as she peered over V.

Bonk!

V’s head once again met with the table. He crawled out quickly and let out a mini scream. “Aish!!! My head.” He placed both his arms over it and bent down. His face twisted in pain. Sometime later, he regained composure once more.

“Wow, are you okay?” Ashley asked worried. She actually thought that it was hilarious but and she would have laughed but then again, it sounded like it hurt.

V dropped his arms to his side and waved her off. “Yeah, don’t worry about it.” He suddenly got up from the floor and went to the other side of the room and got onto his knees again. He continued his search, his face fully concentrated.

“Um okay?” Ashley stood there speechless for a second. It was obvious he was looking for something but what?

Ashley walked over to V again and patted his back. “I could help you if you want?” She suggested.

V stopped to look at her. His brows furrowed a bit and then he shook his head. “Embarrassing.”

Ashley gave him a quizzical look. “It’s embarrassing to ask for help?” V shouldn’t have to feel ashamed to ask for help. It must be some male pride thing.

“No. It’s embarrassing to see that toilet paper stuck to your shoe.” V pointed to Ashley’s sneakers.

Ashley looked down and lifted her shoe. Indeed, there was a toilet paper stuck to it. It must have been from the dance studio. The girls used toilet paper as napkins when they were eating.

V’s face scrunched up again as he took the toilet paper by the tips of his fingers and threw it over his shoulder.

“There. You’re welcome.” He said it smoothly and then went back to his search.

“Okay?” Ashley’s eyes widened before she gave him a quick laugh. She knew V had a 4D personality but she never experienced it personally. Their sudden subject was too fast for her and he seemed to be in his own world every time she asked him a question.

She gave up asking him and dropped to her knees as well. If she couldn’t get a direct answer, she had to start assuming things. One, he needed help. Judging by the locations he chose to look, it must be small.

V looked over his shoulder to watch Ashley help him in his search. He paused for second, contemplating whether to speak or not. “It’s...silver and black.” V made a single hand motion and paused. Then he looked down and kept searching.

“Ahh. Okay.” Ashley responded. Thank you, V. Taehyung, you are the king of vagueness. There was so much things she wanted to ask him. When did he lose it? What is it exactly? How important is it to him?

She probably wasn’t going to get an answer. V was uncharacteristically quiet from what she had seen of him. Maybe it was because he wasn’t with the rest of the guys or he was concentrating. Nevertheless, it wasn’t awkward like it had been before. But quiet? Definitely.

Ashley heard V sigh loudly after five minutes of continuous silence and search.

“What am I going to do?” He asked himself and crossed his legs. He sat there with a blank expression.

Then he leaned back and placed his hands behind him. In a defeated voice he said, “If Suga finds out…Bye Bangtan. Bye A.R.M.Y’s. You’ll see a dead bunny in the trash can. Goodbye.” His voice trailed off dramatically. He slowly laid his body to the floor with his hand clasped together right over his chest.

Ashley, who was crouched on the ground, watched the whole scene in bewildered amusement. What just happened? She laughed. “Why are you giving up? We can still find it.” At least she found another piece of information, he lost something very important and it belonged to Suga.

V laid there and stared blankly into the ceiling.

Ashley was unsure if he had heard her. It was almost as if they were in a one sided conversation. She crawled over to him and hesitated. “Maybe we could retrace your steps?” She said trying to sound helpful.

V rolled over to look over to look at her. Ashley backed away an inch from where he sat.

He didn’t say anything but solely stared at her. His intense eyes pierced her like a sword.

Her heart beat picked up again. Can he stop?! Her face flushed red. Just what was he thinking? “I…asked you a question. Answer for once, please.” She almost stuttered but it came out smooth enough.

V didn’t say anything but continued to stare.

Did he have a staring problem too? Ashley thought about Jin for a second.

V’s eyes suddenly widened and then he sat up abruptly. “I know where I can go.” He stood up and jogged out of BigHit’s building without saying anything.

“V!” Ashley screamed after him. “Why isn’t he telling me anything?” She stomped on the ground and quickly followed after him. She had to catch up before she lost him. She recalled what Jimin said the day before. Didn’t he need someone with him at all times? She wasn’t surprised if they did break that rule a few times, this being one of the times.

She spotted V running through the streets of bustling people. No one seemed to recognize him and Ashley was thankful for that. He was too fast for anyone to take a good look at him anyways.

Ashley picked up her pace and was a few feet behind him. She reached her hand out to try to grab the back of his shirt. “Taehyung can you please stop running or at least tell me where you’re going!” She said it loudly. Her hand missed and his speed increased.

Oh come on!

V kept on running like a madman and skidded a corner right through an alley. Ashley kept up with him for the most part but if he was really running a marathon, he was on his own.

Finally, a children’s park came into view.

What?

V stopped and looked left to right. Ashley nearly crashed into him.

“Hey!” Ashley stomped on the ground. “Answer me!”

Ashley came to the conclusion that this guy was a lunatic. The quiet impulsive lunatics she saw on TV. She never knew they existed in real life. 

Ashley stood in front of him. She was shorter than him but she still could make her presence known. She waved her arms in front of him. “Earth to V!”

He said nothing and stared past her. Then he placed his hands on her shoulders and twisted her body around to face the playground.

Ashley stiffened a bit at the sudden contact but she quickly relaxed. There were several cute children enjoying themselves on the playground. A little girl ran with her ball and dropped it. Another kid picked it up and hands it to her and they both started to play catch.

“Awww.” Ashley clasped her hand together. Her eyes twinkled. “So cute.”

She was so entranced by the children that she didn’t notice V.  He leaned his face towards her ear. She could feel his hot breath before he whispered the word, “Sorry.” V said it so low and sincerely she felt like she was about to explode. Ashley’s heart really was going to jump out of her chest at this rate. Just why did she have to react this way? Her face flushed once again and her body felt frozen to the ground.

“Help me find Suga-hyung’s ring. It’s his favorite.” V nervously laughed and backed away from her. “I went to this playground with it after he let me borrow it.”

Ashley nodded nervously as she slowly regained her composure. At least she can breathe a little more with the space between them.

“I’ll help you but…” Ashley turned a little to face him. “The possibility of finding a ring here is very slim. So if we can’t find it, we should go to Suga and tell him.”

V’s face twisted into disgust. “I’d rather not. Besides, you said we shouldn’t give up so why are you talking like we lost already.” He huffed and walked into the middle of the playground. Several adults’ heads turned in his direction, eyeing him in case he did anything suspicious. Ashley didn’t blame them. He did look kind of pissed.

Ashley followed after him. “Hey, I’m sorry for saying it like that. We’ll find it.” Ashley bent down and searched the ground for anything remotely similar to a ring.

V quirked his eye brow and began his search as well. The first place he decided to look was under a slide. “…Is that a promise?” He asked lowly. Luckily, Ashley could hear since she was only several feet away.

“I don’t make promises.” Ashely replied simply. Once you promise something and you can’t keep it, it makes you look really bad.

V hummed a bit before twisting around to face her. “Well if you can’t promise, I need to make you work harder somehow.”

Ashley looked at him quizzically. “Oh?”

V had his thinking face before his eyes brighten. “Ah! If you find it, then I’ll grant you one wish.” V’s face suddenly turned smug. “You can call me Bangtan’s Genie in a Bottle. I’ll make it happen for sure.” He chuckled at his own ‘joke.’

Whatever that was.

Ashely still didn’t understand his humor so she chose to ignore it.

“What do you mean one wish? I’m doing this on my own free will. There’s no need for bribery.” Well one wish would be nice but there was really no need. If she didn’t want to help, she could have stayed back there.

“Yeah but you’re not even tossing this place up. I need someone to seriously search with me for his ring.” V explained. He then whispered. “If those kids weren’t here, I would be flipping swing sets by now.” He dug his hand around the wood chips.

Ashley almost laughed. Almost. “I am serious. My searching skills aren’t like yours. If we’re both flipping swing sets, we’re both going to miss the object.” She patted her hands against her pants and got up.

“Listen, we should just retrace what you did here and then maybe we’ll find where it has fallen.” Ashley suggested again.

V fell silent and his face was blank once more. “Are you sure? One wish. Anything you want.”

Ashley groaned. There was really no reasoning with him. Did he even hear what she said?

“...Fine.” Ashley grumbled. “If I find it, give me one wish. So can we retrace your steps or what?” Ashley’s voice sounded a bit bitter. She couldn’t help it. He was so difficult to deal with.

V’s arm shook. “So mad.” He mumbled. “Anyways! Let’s do that.” V clapped his hand suddenly looking cheerful.

V walked over to the slide and grew embarrassed. “Well…the first thing I did was go on this slide.” He nodded to her once and climbed the steps to the slide.

Honestly, V being at a park and actually playing on the sets never crossed her mind. He definitely was a kid at heart. It was cute to be honest.

When V got to the top of the slide, he sat down and scanned the area in where he sat. “Oi…”

Ashley looked up at him with her arms crossed. “Is there a problem?” she asked patiently waiting for him to slide down.

“Maybe you should come up too and retrace my steps with me. It never hurts to have two sets of eyes searching.”

Ashley paused. “Wow that was smart V!” She said it like it was his first time thinking of a great plan. Ashley climbed up the steps to the top of the slide.

V looked ahead, his smug expression coming back. “Well, I’m a smart guy.” Oblivious to the sarcasm in her tone.

Ashley shook her head as she got to the top. Idiot.

The view from below wasn’t that big since it was a children’s park. Maybe seven feet high at best. She scanned the area where V was sitting at and found nothing.

“Nope, I don’t see anything up here. Let’s get down.” Ashley sighed. This was going to be a long day.

“Damn it.” V mumbled. He paused and turned to look at her again. He made no motion of going down the slide.

“Um, I said we can go down now.” Ashley pointed out. Why was he just sitting there?

V moved his hand to his thigh and patted it invitingly. “There’s…room for the both of us on here. Two sets of eyes, remember?”

He does not mean--?

Ashley boiled pink when she suddenly figured it out. She threw her hand to the back of his head to smack it.

“Quit foolin!” She blushed madly. “Just—go.” She pushed him down the slide with her foot. She was seriously getting a headache. Her lips trembled when he laughed.

V’s expression looked satisfied as he freely threw his hand up all the way down to the bottom. When Ashley went, she was still blushing like mad.

“Your cheeks are pink.” V pointed out and poked it.

She swatted his finger away. “And you say I’m the one not searching seriously. Pft.” She turned her head quickly went back to searching. She blushed harder when she heard V laugh.

God. He was too much too.

The two continued their search. V swung on the swings and moved to the monkey bars. It looked like he was enjoying himself more than anything. Ashley found herself smiling idiotically with him.

“Is this it?” Ashley asked. V came over with a hopeful expression.

In her hand was a small screw. She showed it to him with a smile.

“Oh!” V’s lips twitched and picked it up from her hand. “Looks exactly like it.” He pulled his arm back and then flung the screw hard across the park.

Ashley gasped. “Now, that was just unnecessary.” Laughter escaped . She was supposed to be the normal one here but she fell into his trap. It wasn’t that hard to get comfortable with V.

V started laughing too. “I should have been harsher.” He sighed lowly and squatted down next to her.

It had been several hours since they began their search and now it was dark out. The kids have finally left but without the sun, there was no chance they could find the ring.

“Looks like you’re dead.” Ashley sighed and rested her cheek on her knees.

V ran a hand through his head. “And it looks like you’re not getting your wish.”

Ashley shrugged. “Not that I had a wish anyway.”

V quirked his head towards her. “Really? Not even about doing well on your debut?”

Ashley laughed. “Even if I had wished for that, how is it possible for you to make that happen?”

V looked offended. “Bangtan’s genie, remember?” He pointed to himself and then laughed.

“What does that even mean?” Ashley asked him, confused.

V waved it off. “Ah, inside joke really. You know how I was last to be revealed for Bangtan? Well it’s like a genie. Here to grant dreams and wishes and since I’m in a bottle, I wasn’t seen but I was always there, you know?”

“Oh.”

“Also, I want to make everyone’s dream come true, like a genie. Through music they will figure out that they should live their own dream. That’s the power of Bangtan.” V smiled cheekily. He face turned slightly red.

“Wow, I can’t believe I told you this. Haha.” He laughed nervously and scratched the back of his head and looked away.

Ashely couldn’t believe so either. She didn’t expect V to tell her everything especially with his type of personality. He just suddenly got deep with her and she didn’t know how to respond. One thing for sure, he definitely had passion. To think of other people as his own dream was inspiring. Bangtan was inspiring overall.

“I like your dream.” She finally said. “And I’m quite envious of it.” Ashley sighed.

“I haven’t debuted yet but after hearing what you’ve said, I wonder why I’m doing this sometimes.”

V scooted a little closer to her. “You like performing?”

Ashley nodded. “I like seeing everyone smile. It makes me happy that I brought a smile to their face. Other than that, I can’t think of any other reason.”

V shrugged. “I think it’s a good enough reason. There doesn’t need to be a long explanation for doing what you like to do. As long as you like it, there’s nothing wrong.”

Ashley blinked at him and let his words sink in. He was right. In every way possible, V was right. She just wanted to do this.

“V, are you okay?”

V quirked an eye brown. It was getting darker by the second but she could still make out his face because of the park’s streetlight.

“Yes. Why?”

“You weren’t acting like this a few hours ago.” Ashley said and laughed. “You seem more focused now.” And deep. Deep stuff he was saying.

V looked uncomfortable again. “Who knows? Maybe because it’s dark. Maybe I’m tired. Maybe I’m just trying to impress you.” V shrugged. “All of these possibilities.” He sighed nonchalantly.

“Impress me?” Ashley blinked.

V just laughed in response. “Ah, you’re right. Can’t be that. You’re not really my type anyways.” V placed a finger under his lip, suppressing a smile.

Ashley smacked him. “Please.” She swore, she was like their attack magnet. She was always getting teased.

She heard a cough behind her and they both turned to face a fuming Suga.

“Oh !” V yelped and got up from the ground. At this point, his confident image turned into a scared puppy about to be scolded. “Hi hyung.” He waved a bit.

“I’m not going to ask why you didn’t bring your cell phone…” Suga began in a deadpan voice.

“Urm, technically you just did…” Ashley spoke up to cool down the increasing bad mood.

Suga glanced at her and ignored.

“Since I’m no mother of the group. That’s J-Hope’s job. But manager asked for you to return home or face the consequences.” Suga crossed his arms. He looked really tired. He wasn’t searching for V the whole day was he?

“Gah, alright.” V sighed and started moving towards Suga.

“Wait.” Suga said.

V stopped in his tracks to look at him.

“Where’s my ring?” Suga held out his hand. “I need it for tomorrow.” He wiggled his fingers.

V paled and looked at Ashley.

Ashley felt bad. They were supposed to find the ring but it didn’t happen.

“Umm.” V mumbled. He turned to Ashley.

She gave him the ‘tell him’ look. V shook his head.

“What are you guys doing? Where’s my ring?” Suga asked again, his brows furrowed. “Or do you have something to tell me?”

V shoulders trembled. Why was he so scared? Ashley never seen him like this. Was he really scared of Suga. Suga was nice for what she has seen of him. Sure, he was grumpy sometimes but he couldn’t possibly blow up over a ring.

Ashley took a step forward and placed an arm on V’s shoulder. “Actually, I asked V if I could try it on. We were playing here and I suddenly realized it wasn’t on my finger. I’m sorry but we can’t find it. He’s been helping me so don’t blame him. I kept whining for it. Sorry.” Ashley gave him a 90 degrees bow. Her hair curtained her face again just like the day she met V.

V stepped back surprised. “Wait…! Ashley didn’t do anything. In fact, she helped me try to find it after I lost it.” V gave him an apologetic face and bowed down. “Sorry!”

Suga stared at the two for a long time. He clicked his tongue and let out a low chuckle.

“Wow, seriously? I have my ring, V.”

V shot back up. “What?!” He blinked and placed his hands on Suga’s shoulder.

Ashley followed suit. “Then why?!” She was relieved that Suga had his ring but why did he make them bow?!

Suga laughed again. “I was giving you a hard time because you didn’t tell me the truth.” Suga smirked. “Heh, and you guys fell for it. It was worth it though.” Suga smiled so much his eyes seemed to disappear.

V punched him in the arm and tried to give Suga a neck lock. “Hyung! You scared me! Where did you find it?”

Suga swiftly avoided the attack and walked backwards while V was trying to attack him. He grinned. “Idiot. Did you check the bathroom? It was on the counter.”

“Oh yeah! I took it off to wash my hands.”

Now you remember. Ha.” Suga shook his head.

Ashley giggled. So it was there the whole time. Thank goodness. For a moment, she was going to see the wrath of Suga.

At the end, it was Suga who got V in a neck lock.

Suga smirked and looked at Ashley. “And you…you really like V don’t you?” He asked curiously.

Um, what?

“Yeah, of course I like him.” Ashley replied confidently. She didn’t hate him or dislike him.

V’s eyes widened.

Suga nodded. “I knew it. Since you took the blame for him.”

“As a friend. I mean I’m not sure what type of ‘like’ you mean but I like V as a person.”

“Oh.” V’s lips slumped in disappointment. Suga arms loosened around V’s neck, feeling sorry for the lad but at the same time not really.

“HAHA. Now that’s what I expected to hear.” Suga exclaimed and his lips curved up. “Now let’s get going before the manager has our heads.”

The trio nodded and walked back towards BigHit building. When they hit the warmth of inside, V pulled her aside. “Hold on, got to say something to Ashley.” V told Suga.

Suga nodded and added. “Let me go next.” Suga pulled out his cellphone and began to type on it.

V waited till Suga turned around to begin talking to her. “Thank you...But why?”

“Well because I wanted to be a good person.” Ashley smirked.

“Good one.” V smirked back.

“And I don’t know the other reason. I just wanted to help you out.” Which was the truth. “I don’t need a reason to want to do something right? It just felt right at the time.” Ashley nodded to herself. She just wanted to help him. He looked scared. Maybe she took away his pride a smidge but it didn’t look like that part bothered him.

The corners of V’s lips curved upwards. Before he could say anymore, Suga pushed him aside.

“Are you lovebirds done?” Suga sighed.

V threw his hands up in the air. “Hyung, let me have a moment.”

“Your moment was done the second we stepped inside.”

V snorted and crossed his arms.

“What do you need?” Ashley asked, getting to the point.

“I need you.”


Leafelle Notes: 

First off, I need to thank new subscribers! WOOOO! :3

Honestly,  I'm so tired right now. @_@ Gotta stop writing at night. I wish I made V's chapter longer. So much sapiness xD Sorry, didn't update last week either because of Turkey Day, gobble gobble!~ 

I hope I captured the weird in him. His solo chapter doesn't have a pov of himself because I'm not ready to reveal what's going on in his head. 

I also feel like V, has a bit of shyness in him. I have the mini comic from the album and it said that V was really quiet when they first met him. So adorbs really <33

OH YEAH HAPPY BIRTHDAY JIN!!! I mean, it would have been perfect if this was Jin's chapter but sadly nope. : D It's going to be Suga's chapter next

LOVE YALLS~ Comment, Fav, Upvote

Here's a gif though for Jin's B-day and V because he was the one who starred in this chapter. 

Also my current fav gif is: