J-Hope and Ashley Action

Like a Bent Tree

Leafelle Notes: Sorry my style keeps changing. Honestly, it got more longer and more 'detailed'. It happens sometimes when I get into character and story. Forgive me if you don't like it too long ㅠㅠ. I feel like this is the style I wanted to write in the beginning anyways but I wanted to try first peson and I realize that it's hard. ._.This chapter has a lot of changing views too. Hopefully it's not too confusing! I liked how it turned out.

 


Third Person Limited

She let herself sleep in the following morning. Rays of light filtered through her window screen and hit her bare arm. She usually wore an oversized t-shirt to sleep with pajama shorts, even in the colder months. There were also heaps of quilts and blankets on top of her body but only her arm stuck out from underneath. Sometimes Ashley wondered if it was because she was claustrophobic. To have one hand out made her feel safer so that she wouldn’t feel like she would be enclosed underneath. On the other hand, it could be just a natural movement she made at night. She overthought things sometimes.

“Time to wake up already?” Ashley’s voice had that slight whine that people who knew her were often familiar with.

She stretched underneath the pile of warmth, feeling the cracks of her joints as she placed her arms overhead. “Ahh.” She sighed and then proceeded to remove the warmth off her body. Her room was surprisingly warm that morning. The warmth brought in a sweet scent of vanilla that wafted evenly in her room, thanks to the candle she bought. It mustered a familiar smell of her mother who always wore vanilla scented perfume. It was just homey and everything felt just right. Ashley took her time getting ready that day. Usually she had to rush or wake up really early to get ready and meet her team up for practice but thanks to the manager, she didn’t have to go since she was preparing for the competition.

When she entered the dance studio, her eyes widened at the sight of J-Hope practicing his own routine. She slipped in and waited patiently against the wall. Her dark brown eyes scanned him. J-Hope danced on spot to the beat of a song which had its Hip-Hop vibe to it. The song started to slow down to a stop and J-Hope rolled his shoulders and slipped into a cool pose. With a wink to the mirror, he twisted around and faced her.

“Ashley!” J-Hope slid his sneakers against the smooth floors over to her. “What brings you here?” He asked animatedly.

J-Hope’s aura improved since the last time she had seen him. They had an awkward first meeting and it was all her fault. Not only did she embarrass herself but she embarrassed J-Hope who was doing a harmless prank. She still felt guilty and embarrassed just thinking about what happened between them. She wanted to make it up for him. The problem was, how?

“Oh the usual. Practicing for Dance Dance Underground.” Ashley replied casual.

J-Hope’s eyes brightened upon hearing that. “Oh yeah, Jungkook told me about that. Show me the moves! I want to see!” He had a little bounce in his step as he shook her arm gently.

“Hold up.” The thought that Jungkook was telling his hyung’s about her personal life concerned her. She was pretty open about most things so she wasn’t mad about it but what else were they saying about her? She was more curious about that.

“You guys were talking about me?” Ashley raised her right eye brow. She crossed her arms over chest.

J-Hope immediately stopped shaking her arm and froze in place. “Well…” He gulped. “What? It wasn’t bad things. We mentioned you a few times. It seems like you made friends with everyone.~” J-Hope did a little victory dance and laughed with his wide smile.

“Hmm…” Ashley paused to think about it some more. She was strangely curious to hear about what they thought about her. Not that it matters what anyone thinks but she wanted to know! J-Hope was too busy free styling a dance again to notice her curiosity. What could she do?

“So you’re not going to tell me?” Ashley persisted. She wasn’t going to give up so easily.

“Tell what? About what they said? Nope. Now show me your dance moves!” He encouraged.  

Ashely’s lips twisted to the side. She was never good at getting her own way. She couldn’t even convince EunB to admit who she liked! Ashley never attempted one tactic though. Cuteness. She could be cute, if she wanted. Hopefully it would work.

J-Hope finished his free style dance and spread his arms out wide and huffed. Then he slowly moonwalked back over to her.

“Wasn’t that good?”

In her cutest and natural voice, Ashley tugged on his arm. “Yes~ But Oi, I’m still thinking about what the members say. Can’t you tell me?~” She swung his arm. “I get curious sometimes. And then I’ll show you my dance moves. Deal?” She tried her best eye smile. She felt more comfortable with the members now to the point she thought it was okay to touch him. They did hug on their first meeting anyway.

J-Hope’s facial expression slowly turned shy. His smile was sheepish and scratched the back of his neck with a little laugh. She could see a light flush that washed over his cheeks. He turned around and crossed his arms. She could tell he was debating. J-Hope placed both his hands on the side of his head and racked it several times. “Why can’t I say no?!” He smacked himself on both sides again. She heard him argue with himself.

Ashley guessed he was referring to their last meeting. Suga asked him to hug her and he complied. Did he do everything he was told? He even considered her feelings before he did so. Ashley guessed that J-Hope was just really kind. She could also tell from his cheerful and goofy attitude.

Finally, he turned around with a stoic expression. “…Fine. Since you asked so nicely.”

Yes! It worked!

 “Yay! So what did they say about me?” Ashley scrunched up the sleeve of his arm and held onto it. “What do they think of me?!” Her excitement and curiosity got the best of her. She leaned up against J-Hope and backed him up into a wall. She stared at him with wide eyes. So much for not really caring.


Third Person Omniscient

Bangtan’s dance machine was taken aback by Ashley’s eagerness. His back touched the wall, confirming that this shorter girl was pinning him there. Strangely enough, he liked it. He had never been pinned by a girl before. Something about it was exciting and…arousing to him. It reminded him of the first time he hugged her. At that time, he felt awkward and uncomfortable but then it slowly drifted away when she returned the hug. It felt…warm. Not that he’s never been warm, but something tugged at his heart and warmed his insides. He was sure he wouldn’t have let her go so easily if they were alone but since Suga was there, he pushed her off (and he felt bad about it but he didn’t want Suga making those comments).

After they separated, Ashley was still on his mind. As he rolled into bed that night, he thought about her facial expressions. Her anger made him nervous at first but then she was crying. His facial expression softened. She was pretty when she cried. Selfishly, he thought about hurting her once more just so he could have an excuse to comfort her again. It was horrible to think that way and he beat himself over it for a while, but he couldn’t deny that he wanted to. He just wanted to make her smile and laugh again just like the first time. It was weird. He just met this girl and he was having all these thoughts!

“Hey, isn’t this called ual harassment?” He asked with the same cheeriness he had in his voice. He looked at her in the eye. They were brown and small usually but this time they were wide, innocent and filled with curiosity.

She took an abrupt step back. A cute warmth dotted her cheeks.

“Yah!” She screamed informally to him. Ashely clenched her fist. “You said that you were going to tell me.” She felt like he was avoiding her question. Just what was J-Hope thinking as he looked at her? It was like having a staring contest with Jin again but this time, J-Hope looked like he was thinking about something.

J-Hope tried his best not to laugh. He swore she was even cute when she was yelling. “Where did that cute act go? Don’t tell me you could only make it appear for a few seconds.” He laughed and due to his imagination, he saw Ashley have steam come out of her ears.

“Stop laughing…!” She whined and grabbed onto his arm again and shook it. If she was trying her best to be cute again, it was working. Everything was pretty cute about her and he hated himself for caving in so quickly.

“Alright, alright.” He laughed again. “Well if you must know, Jimin thinks your hair smells nice. Really creepy if you ask me.” He remembered when Jimin told him that. To be honest, he thought so too. Because of the hug, he caught a whiff of her hair and he couldn’t stop himself for breathing the smell in. It was pretty powerful so he helped himself to it. Did that make him creepy too?

“Ah, I already know that. I don’t really think it’s creepy since I’ve heard my friends say that to me often.” Ashley chuckled and waved it off. “What else?” She placed her hand on her hips. Jimin noticing her hair scent wasn’t anything new.

J-Hope thought long and hard. “Oh yeah, V doesn’t really think much of you. He just said you were pretty quiet. He thought you were star struck because you’ve met them.” J-Hope laughed.

Ashley paused to think. She lifted her finger and then paused again. She gave up. “Yeah, I was pretty nervous. I thought I bumped into someone very powerful! Even though it was an accident, I could never be too sure about how the person would react.” Ashely twiddled her fingers together, embarrassed.

J-Hope nodded. “Then, Suga thought you were interesting. You probably already know that though.” J-Hope shrugged. Suga was acting normal as usual about their meeting. He didn’t say much but he started writing a lot more raps since the last time J-Hope had seen him. Maybe Ashely was a sort of inspiration or booster? That was the only change J-Hope saw.

“I’m not sure if he means interesting in a good way or a bad way.” Ashely laughed. “Well anyways, what else?”

“Jin thinks you’re really good at staring.” J-Hope snickered at that.

“Wow.” Ashely had nothing else to add to that but she laughed. Jin only talked about staring. That was interesting. “Did he say anything about my eyes or anything?” She snickered herself.

“He said they were brown as a box of chocolates. So yummy looking that he wants to eat you up.” J-Hope let out a hefty laugh at his joke. Jin wouldn’t say anything like that. Especially out loud.

“W-what?!” Red spread across her cheeks. She held them with her fingertips. “Did he really?” She asked nervously. Wait, it couldn’t be real. She couldn’t imagine Jin saying that at all. She laughed out loud. Did she really just fall for that?

J-Hope watched her face go red. She was sure gullible sometimes. Then she laughed and he knew she got it. He couldn’t get over her reaction about Jin though. Something about it irked him. He continued.

“Rapmon though, can’t stop going on and on about you!” J-Hope sighed heavily like it was a burden. Truthfully it was. “He tells me things that you guys used to do and the stories. It never ends.” He groaned.

Rapmon ran into their room and talked about Ashley and how pretty she became. He proceeded to talk about their childhood adventures. It wasn’t bad to learn about Ashley from him, but it made him sort of annoyed. Rapmon acted like he knew so much about her even though he only knew about the second grade version of Ashley. He felt bad for saying that about the leader, but he kept telling those stories!

Plus, J-Hope would rather find out about Ashley on his own through his own experience and interaction. So far, he knew she was deathly afraid of being attacked. He didn’t know the real reason behind it, but he made it his goal to find out.

“Wow.” Ashley said again. “You don’t sound too happy about that.” She smiled.

J-Hope laughed in reply to that. “Let’s see, what else. Jungkook thinks you’re cool. He’s always on his phone too.” He raised an eye brow at her. “Are you texting our Golden Maknae?” He didn’t know Ashley well but he was pretty jealous of Jungkook grabbing her number. It was almost as if Jungkook was good at everything. Though, J-Hope did question Jungkook’s innocence when it came to females. Did he have ulterior motives?

Her phone vibrated in her pocket before she could answer. She viewed the screen and smiled. “I think this answers your question.” Ashley wiggled the phone in her hands and opened the text.

“Good Luck today, Noona. ^^ Fighting! - Kookie”

Ashley quickly texted back. “^3^” It was so sweet of him! Jungkook has been a very good friend to her. Even though they were both exhausted by the end of the day, he still managed to text her.

“Eh?!” J-Hope looked over her shoulder and snatched the phone away just before she could click send. He held the device above his head.

“Wait, isn’t this a flirt type of emoticon?!” He looked up at the screen again. The '3' looked like lips. “You’re flirting with our Maknae?!”J-Hope did an odd noise and ran out of the studio with her phone.

It took her several seconds to understand the situation.

“YAH!” Ashley screamed and ran after him.


She didn’t understand what was going through his mind or what was wrong with him. It was just an innocent emoticon that she found cute! Besides, it wasn’t just Jungkook’s number she had. She had Rapmon and Jin’s as well!

She ran after J-Hope who swooped down the hall and barreled into a closet. Before he could close the door, Ashley stuck her foot and shoved herself in. She pounced on him, even though she could barely see. All she could remember was the light on her screen glow before she grabbed for it.

J-Hope stuck it up higher in the air. To be honest, he had no idea what his goal was. He just didn’t want her to send that particular text.

“Just tell me what that face means!” He yelled at her. He could feel her hands grabbing everywhere on his body. He blushed. Then to his horror, she grabbed her phone.

“Hehe!” She sneered before tripping over an object. She tried to grab for something and ended up pulling J-Hope’s sleeve with her.

“YAHH!” He yelled out.

The two went down fast and hard. Ashley landed on her back with J-Hope collapsed on top of her body. A few small objects fell from the shelves inside the closet and hit the back of J-Hopes head. He lifted himself slightly so that was hovering over Ashley and protected her from a couple more. “OW!”

He groaned a bit and blinked. It was slightly dark. Luckily the closet door was open to let the light in. But goddamn that hurt! He cursed a little more and then noticed that Ashely was looking up at him. His heart skipped a beat.

Ashley opened her eyes and saw deep brown eyes staring back at her. Since she was close enough, she noticed how long J-Hope’s face was compared to hers and how close to her own face he was.

“J-Hope!” She sounded worried. She reached for her his arms which was on both sides of her head. “Are you okay?” The objects must have hurt. She squeezed his arm but he didn’t budge or reply.

He only stared at her. Ashley had a pretty face, nose and lips. Everything. Her skin looked so soft and smooth and he just wanted to touch it. His body moved on its own and leaned in closer. His heart jumped around like crazy. What was he doing?! Was he really going to try to kiss this girl?

But he couldn’t help himself. His eyes were glued to her and it wasn’t honestly hard for him to stop himself from inching closer. He wasn’t good with girls. He had always been friends with them no matter how attractive he thought they were. This time, he wanted to show Ashley his feelings. If he waited, he was sure he was going to end up in that friend zone that he can’t pull himself out of.


Ashley’s heart began to race. J-Hope stared at her for a long time. His expression was serious. It was the first time she saw him like that. He was usually goofy and weird. She was sure that he was going to hop right off of her after saving her from those falling objects but why was he still staring? J-Hope wasn’t trying to kiss her was he?

She watched his eyes and how it gently began to close. His began to close the gap between their faces. Ashley stared widely. Her face felt hot like a volcano. She tighten her grip around his sleeve, unsure if she should stop him or not. J-Hope was cute she admitted but did she want him to kiss her? She closed her eyes too and gently puckered her lips.

Before either of their lips could even touch, a voice shouted into the closet.

“J-Hope!!!” The person screamed in shock. In front of the closet door was Jimin. His face said it all. His eyes were bugged out and his legs were spread wide apart. “You are a man!” Jimin stepped back into the hallway, stoked.


Jimin took a stroll down the hallway when a loud crash echoed. It was a strange noise. “Wahh! What was that?” It was time to investigate.

He went to the direction of the noise. He neared a closet in the hallway and heard lots of movement and noises coming from it. Maybe someone was looking for something and fell? He decided to help them out being the nice guy he was. Besides, they’ll repay him later.  

He poked his head inside the closet and that’s when he noticed Ashley on the floor. J-Hope was a few inches above her. The two looked disheveled and tired. The objects around them didn’t help explain the situation.

The dirtiest thought entered the young man’s mind and he blushed. He never thought he would see J-Hope do that sort of action in a closet of all places. He couldn’t help but scream out J-Hope’s name though just before he was going to kiss Ashley.

J-Hope’s face stopped and he looked up to see Jimin in a shocked and then frustrated expression.

Then he looked down to see Ashley’s own expression. Her head was turned towards Jimin and her fingers were curled around the sleeve of his shirt. She looked embarrassed really.

“GAHHH!” J-Hope screamed and shot off from Ashley. “It’s not what it looks like!” He tried to explain to Jimin. Why did this happen?! Why did Jimin have to come now out of all times?! He couldn’t decide if he was mad or embarrassed.

Marrased. A combination of Mad and Embarrassed. He decided that he felt that.

Jimin stood there, unsure what to say. What he saw was the after math of something he wasn’t sure of. He didn’t know how to feel about it. “Were you guys…?” He began. His eyes narrowed.

Ashley got herself off the ground and quickly patted the dust off her outfit. With a nervous chuckle and hair flip, she replied. “O-h! We just stumbled.” Although, it was very clear that J-Hope was leaning towards her lips but she didn’t dare mention it.

Jimin scratched his elbow. Ashley, the nice smelling girl was trying to cover up something. She didn’t look him in the eyes at all. Sure, it wasn’t any of his business but J-Hope’s business was his. They were very close after all.

Jimin adjusted the cap on his head and slowly walked into the closet with them. He placed his arm around both of their shoulders and let them hang there before he led them out. “Guys, you don’t have to lie.”

Ashley’s face paled.

“If you two have something going on, I’ll keep it a secret.” Jimin removed his arm from J-Hope and placed a finger on his lips. “Shh. Don’t worry about it.”

J-Hope was the first to react. “We don’t have anything going on!” He laughed and patted Jimin on the back.

Ashley nodded quickly. That’s what he said but why did she get the feeling that J-Hope was hiding something? “That’s right. We fell. He took my phone and I was trying to get it back.” She said trying to support what J-Hope was saying.

“In a closet?” Jimin smirked. “A likely story.” He started whistling and because his arms was still over her shoulder, he steered Ashley towards the direction of the dance studio. J-Hope followed quickly behind.

“Listen Ashley. I know we’re not close but I want to let you know, you could tell me anything. Anything.” Jimin glanced back at J-Hope and gave him an eye smile and returned the smile back to Ashley.

Jimin’s muscled arm pressed against her. He was unusually comfortable with her. Ashley thought it was because she met everyone and they already considered her friends. Whatever the case, she was fine with it.

Jimin thought it was cute. Those two acting like nothing was going on when he clearly saw something
happening. J-Hope hyung really looked like he was going to kiss her. Even Ashley saw it.

“Alright.” Ashley replied. Her heart was still accelerating because of what happened and so she had no energy to further explain that Jimin was wrong. He could think what he liked as long as he kept his promise. Keeping this a secret.

“Oh yeah!” Ashley suddenly remembered. She pulled out her phone again and finally clicked the send button.

“NOOO!” J-Hope dramatically screamed and reached for her phone but Ashley held it away.

The trio entered the Dance Studio again. Jimin snickered at the two and removed his arm from Ashley’s shoulder.

Ashley danced in victory while J-Hope shook her shoulders.

“What does that smiley mean?!”

“Ugh, not telling you.” Ashley did an annoyed American expression her group members found funny.

Jimin, who overheard their banter shook his head. He suddenly drowned out their voices with music. Pumping music overflowed the speakers. Jimin took off his hat and shook his head. His hair fell back into its perfect shape.

“Ashley. Let’s see it.” A wicked smile was plastered on his face. He crossed his arms. “By having our own dance battle.”


Leafelle Notes: Gahh. I hoped you enjoyed and it wasn't too confusing >< Not that much happened and I was supposed to introduce the rival but then I've decided to do it later. Just some J-Hope and Ashley action heehee <3 

Subscribe and Comment ^^

ALSO VOTE FOR BTS for MAMA 2013 New Male Artist Award!!!! 

They are losing right now and if you love them, vote for them. T_T 

If you don't know how, I'll help! It's really easy! mama2013.com 

Do you want V to cry? :'c