Hanging with Jungkook

Like a Bent Tree

I think I’m going to switch off POV’s starting now. Tell me if you like it more this way or not. T_T Third person limited!

-----

The following mornings, Ashely kept a firm hold on coffee mug decorated in pictures of small puppies. She was fond of puppies and always wished for one but her parents never allowed her to have any. At least she had this cup. She placed the rim of the cup to her lips and took a long swig of hot chocolate. It was one of the coldest mornings of the year. She wore a blanket around her figure as she sat on the bench of the studio. Once she was warmed up, she decided to practice so hard that her legs would cave in. With the first competition a day away, she wasn’t going to have room for any mistakes. She was going to dance to an upbeat song and add a little iness and power to it. She had 90% of it perfect but she was still missing that 10% for today.

“Okay, Ashley. You can do this.” She ripped the blanket off her body and it fell into a heap on the floor. The cold air in the room pricked her arms and legs but she shrugged it off. It was going to get warmer if she practiced.

“1, 2, 3.” The music blasted from the stereo and she performed her routine like she was live in front of an audience. In all honesty, she didn’t want to perform just by herself. She had confidence that she was good but dancing with a team would have shown off synchronization and teamwork. She thought about her own group but they were all too busy on their own to join the competition with her.

“We’ll come see you when we can.” Sojung told her the other day.

She’ll be lonely tomorrow night. She sighed. After a few more hours, she decided she was done and it was perfect!

“Wow, creating a new routine every week is going to be a pain in the .” Ashely said on her way to the kitchen. She was feeling like fruit loops, bananas and a mini sandwich kind of mood. She hoped one of those foods were there.

“Man, I can’t wait to eat.” Her stomach grumbled all the way there.

When she entered the kitchen, she was hoping for a little break. Then her eyes were everywhere. First it came to the large mess of powder, milk, broken eggs, syrup all over the floor, table which was also splattered on more than half the kitchen. There was a blender on the kitchen island where Ashely assumed was the origin of the giant mess.

“Oh my god. What happened?” She exclaimed. She looked at the person crouched on the floor who was trying his best to shove the liquid into a plastic bag.

She was shocked to see the food stained person to be Jungkook of all people! His usual black hair was slicked in some chocolate syrup and white powder and his white apron was no more in its white condition. She had never seen someone so messy in her life!

“Gah, if they hyungs see this...” He muttered to himself. 

“Jungkook?” Ashley poked him on the shoulder while carefully placing her shoe between the little white spots on the ground.

She must have taken him by surprise. Jungkook’s eyes immediately went wide and snapped his attention towards her.

“Noona!” He must really have been concentrating if he hadn’t heard her speak the first time. “This…isn’t what it looks like!” His body shot up from the ground like a fire cracker and he stood in front of her like a timid puppy. It was hard to believe he was though since the maknae was super tall!

“It’s a long story but let’s just say I forgot about the top to the blender.” He face flushed bright red under the florescent lighting in the kitchen. “I’m not usually like this but I’m having an off day.” He chuckled a bit and scratched the back of his neck and avoided as much eye contact with her as possible.

Ashely really didn’t know what to think at this point. He really didn’t seem like the type to forget about the most important part about using the blender, which was the lid. His mind must have been somewhere else.

Ashely grabbed a mop from the pantry and began mopping the floor clean. “I thought you were called the Golden Maknae.” Ashley laughed. “If you wanted to practice one thing you’re not good at, I would have chosen a less messy task.” She wiped one area of the floor clean before dunking the head of the mop into the bucket of soapy water.

Jungkook's face reddened even more. “I have no words to say to that, noona. Thanks.” He bowed slightly and moved to the pantry to gather more wipes. The two continued to clean in silence.

“I’m curious though.” Ashely started again after a while. She leaned against the mop and looked at Jungkook.

“Yes, noona?” Jungkook crouched on the floor and wiped the remnants of powder with one clean swipe. 

“What exactly you trying to make?” Her smile broadened as Jungkook looked away embarrassed.

“Well…a cake.” He said it simply. He went back to the floor and continued to wipe.

“A cake? Is it someone’s birthday?” She questioned.

“Nah. No one. I just wanted to practice making one since I never tried making one before. I was doing everything perfectly until I forgot the lid.” He laughed at himself but Ashely could tell that he was being hard on himself for making a small mistake.

“I’m so glad that the person who came in here was you though.” Jungkook continued. He looked at the spot on the floor which was now spotless.

“I could imagine my members picking on me for this.” He shuddered a bit. “The smallest things, they’ll make fun of you for it.” He laughed.

Ashely smiled. It reminded her of her group. They had their times being nice to each other but they were also really close enough to poke fun at each other without anyone getting their twisted.

“I know what you mean.” She wiped the remaining stain on a cabinet and stepped back. “Done!” She clapped her hands together.

The room which had been hit by the food storm, was now spotless.

“Like it never happened.” Ashely crossed her arms for a well done job.

“Thank you so much, noona.” Jungkook bowed. He paused to look at her again. “Say, you were hungry when you came in here right? Let me treat you to something. Ah,  but got to change first.” He offered. 

“What? You don’t have to.” Ashely objected.

“This is the least I can do. Besides, I debuted before you. Consider this a treat from a senior.” Jungkook grinned and grabbed a hold of her wrist.

Ashely snorted and followed him out the kitchen with her wrist held by his fingers. She couldn't deny that she wanted to eat so she complied. His grip loosened as he neared the area where they part ways.

“Change too and meet me the outside.” He waved to her and ran down the hallway to his apartment.

Ashely was speechless. Was this like a date? She didn’t know as she fast walked into her own apartment to change.

When she was done, she had her hair straightened and a large baseball cap on her head. She was wearing skinny jeans and a black v neck. She also wore a red jacket to keep her warm. Besides, if they were going out together, it would be best if she looked concealed as much as possible. What if she was caught by one of his fans? The horror really. Although, they were not doing anything remotely suspicious, people liked to assume things.

She stood outside, rocking on her heels as she waited. Where was the Golden Maknae anyways? She was pretty sure she was the one who was going to be the last to arrive but then again, Jungkook was covered in ingredients.

“Noona!” He called out to her. Jungkook was wearing a jacket too, casual jeans, and a beanie. He placed his hands to his mouth and blew into it. “Wow it’s cold today.” His lips curved upwards.

“You ready?” He asked.

“Yeah.” Ashely responded. This kid was really cute. With a bright smile, he led the way.

“The food in here is great! We can ask for a small booth in the back.” Jungkook chatted along the way.

“So you’re really going to treat me?” Ashely smirked.

“…Well yeah. Unless you want to pay too then that’s fine with me.” Jungkook said quickly as they entered the restaurant.

“Haaa.” I responded, playful. I looked around the restaurant as the door jingled behind me.

It was a pizza restaurant. It was cute and decorated with bright and attractive colors. She didn’t know why she didn’t notice this place before since it was near their apartment.

“Wow it looks cute!” Her eyes brightened. “I’m actually really hungry right now. I just got done with practice before meeting you in the kitchen.” Ashely explained as Jungkook walked them over to an empty booth in the back.

“Really? No wonder you looked sweaty.” Jungkook replied pulling out the menu from under the glass table.

“This kid.” Ashely mumbled. The corners of her lips twitched and she looked at her own menu.

The waiter came moments later. He was a male with Harry Potter glasses and super tall. “Hello, my name is Onex.” He winked at Ashley and pulled out his notepad with pen. “Hey Jungkook, I didn’t know that you had a—“

“Can you please not ask or assume she’s my girlfriend.” Jungkook rolled his eyes. “It’s really cliché.”

Onex opened his mouth and shut it, baffled. I raised an eyebrow. Wasn’t he older than Jungkook?

“And if you’re going to flirt with her to get to me that won’t work either because she’s not my girlfriend.” Jungkook easily said.

Damn! What was wrong with Jungkook? “Hey Jungkook, isn’t that a bit much?” Ashley asked, shocked by the demanding dongsaeng.

“Yeah!” Onex fixed his glasses, perplexed. “That’s no way to treat your hyung!”

“Baha, what a joke.” Jungkook shook his head and chuckled.

“Yah!” Onex replied and then laughed.

Ashely felt a little less uneasy when Onex replied with laughter. She took a string of hair and tucked it behind her ear. “How long have you've known each other?” She asked Jungkook.

“Too long.” Jungkook replied with his eyes never leaving the menu.

“Two years in fact.” Onex smirked and expanded on the subject. “We’re pretty close. When we’re together though, they say I’m the immature one. Right.”

“Haaah.” Jungkook replied and pointed at his pizza.

Ashley laughed a bit. Jungkook was pretty mature for his age. He was really young actually. Younger than Ashley. The way he acted though, was far beyond his actual age.

Ashley pointed at her pizza and Onex wrote it down. “Haha. How did you meet?” Ashely asked, curious. Onex collected our menu’s and placed it under his arms.

“Well, when he was a trainee, he used to come here often to eat.” Onex sat down in the booth with us. He nudged Jungkook. “Isn’t that right? You thought I was pretty cool and looked up to me.”

Jungkook placed his fingers under his chin. “Nah, I thought you were weird but then I realized, I had a lot of fun with weirdoes. So we connected.”

Ashley outstretched her hand on the table and laughed into it like it was a pillow. She rested her cheek against the table surface. “Wow, you would say that.” Ashley giggled.

Jungkook was silent and watched his noona laugh. The corner of his lips turned upward.

“Wow you have a cute laugh.” Onex exclaimed. “Hurry Kookie, before someone steals her.”

“Pfft.” Ashely lifted her head off the table. “Isn’t that a cliché too?”

Jungkook grinned. “I was just about to say that.”

“Goddamn. You guys are so cute. I’ll get your order ready you crazy kids.” Onex slipped out of the booth and walked back into the kitchen.

Onex was really odd but he was pretty fun. Ashley saw why Jungkook would get along with him. He was similar to the other members of BTS. 

“He says that but he’s only a year older than you.” Jungkook shook his head. “Anyways, Noona. What were you practicing for? Debut?”

Ashely leaned back into the cushion and rolled her head to the side. “Nope. I was practicing for a competition. I’m so tired and hungry now, though.” She whined. She gently closed her eyes and placed both her hands on her stomach.

Jungkook mimicked her. “I’m hungry too since that cake thing failed.” He yawned. “What competition?” He looked at her from the corner of his eye.

“Dance Dance Underground.” Ashley replied. “It’s tomorrow night and I was perfecting it.” Ashely yawned again and fluttered her eyes open. She rolled her head back to look at Jungkook.

“Oh! I heard about that. Me, Jimin, and J-Hope were thinking about attending. Not joining since you know…”

Ashley was surprised to hear about that. “What really? You won’t join?”

“Nah, we’re idols. I think everyone would be biased if we were to enter.”

“Hm, that’s true.” Ashley crossed her arms. “I was asking because I’m going to be there alone tomorrow. I guess I can make some friends but I would love to have people I knew there.”

“How about your team?”

“Ah they’re busy.” Ashely shrugged. She thought about it. Wouldn’t they want to support her? Even if they were a tiny busy, it would be nice if they showed up at least once for her performance. Ashely waved it off. “It’s okay, they have to focus.” She forced a laugh and grabbed her drink when Onex placed it on the table.

“If you say so.” Jungkook took a sip of his own drink.

When they finally got their pizza’s, they ate it greatly until there was not a single piece left.

“Wahhh. That was so good.~” Ashely patted her stomach and then took a long sip of her drink.

“Noona, you’re really un-lady like.” Jungkook teased.

“Haaaah. Actually, my manager was telling us that our future name was Ladies’ Code.” I rested my chin on the palm of my hand. “So I am lady like. The title says so.”

“Not everyone lives up to their given title.” Jungkook retorted.

“Oh, like today when you messed up the kitchen? It was very Golden Maknae of you.” Ashley shot back with a sly grin.

Jungkook busted out laughing. “Noona! You’re so funny. So fun to talk too.” He rubbed his eyes.

Ashely smiled. Jungkook was really cute. She could see why many people were fans of him. He was young and he had this certain innocense about him but also very intense eyes. 

“Thanks you too.” Sincerity in her voice. “We should get going though.” She looked outside. It was already dark.

“Leaving so soon?” Onex came out of nowhere and placed the bill on the table. “It’s a shame really. I want to see more of your pretty face.” Onex sighed and leaned against the booth.

Jungkook picked it up and placed the money inside before handing it back to Onex. “Did you come up with that one from a novel?”

“Nope. TV son.” Onex ruffled Jungkook’s hair before turning to Ashley and ruffled hers. “I know we just met, but I hope we can become a little closer with skin ship.” He winked again and Ashely giggled.

Before Ashley could reply, Jungkook took her by the wrist and pulled her towards the door. “Ignore him.”

Ashley could hear Onex’s laughter as they exited the building. The air was thinner than usual and filled with crisp cold air. Ashley could see her breath when she spoke.

“It’s freezing!” Ashley shivered and moved her hands to her zipper. She placed her hand on the small piece but struggled to pull it up.

After several attempts, Jungkook sighed and placed his hand on her zipper. “Let a pro handle it, noona.” He placed his hand on the ends of the zipper and pulled it all the way up to her neck.

Ashely couldn’t help but blush. It was a very couple-like to do.

Jungkook then pulled the hood over her head. “There. Let’s go now.” He looked her in the eye and walked towards their apartment.

The intensity of her blush on her face increased. “Hey, you said you don’t like doing cliché’d things. What was that just now?” She asked, curious.

Jungkook stopped in his steps and turned around. “Ah don’t be mistaken. I wasn’t doing that to try to be romantic or anything. His cheeks were a bit pink. “You looked like a baby learning how to zip her own jacket up. The perfectionism in me took over and that’s the result.” Jungkook explained after making motions with his hands.

Ashley grinned. “Whatever you say Kookie.~” It was a nice save but was it that hard to say that he was being nice to her? She mentally laughed.

Jungkook blushed and turned around to keep walking.

Whatever made her do it, she didn’t know. After watching the back of his head for a while, she felt the need to get closer to this dongsaeng. Ashley timed her move and placed her hand write in between Jungkook’s pale one. She squeezed.

“Don’t be mistaken.” She mimicked Jungkook. “I was just looking for some body heat since I'm cold.” She didn’t have her own guts to look at him but she continued to walk with him.

She heard him gulp. “Noona, you are rather bold.” She could tell he was smiling. “Hey, text me often. I want to get closer.” Jungkook turned to her.

Ashely didn’t know how many times she would be surprised by what Jungkook did or what she did. All she knew was that she felt right.

Ashley nodded. 

--------

Leafelle Notes : 

Lots of fluff today @_@ Next chappie is about the competition and rival! Woo! 

//posting this at midnight, and havent read over. z_z /

EDIT: WHOA, just realized something. Jungkook putting cake ingredients in a blender?! Haha, where was my mind when I wrote that. XD 
Let's assume, that's how he do it. 8)