Weird Encounters

Like a Bent Tree

“Are you interested in anyone, Ashley?”

The water got caught in my throat. I gasp for air while clutching my chest. My fingers stretch out on the cool surface of the wall as I use it for support. After the coughing episode, I glance over to a giggling EunB. If she was trying to get a reaction out of me…she succeeded. I mentally face palm myself and face her. I drop my hands to my waist and flip my long brown hair over my shoulder to try to play it cool. Fortunately for me, we were the last two in BigHit’s Dance Studio.

“Nope. Why do you ask? Are you?” I wasn’t really interested in anyone but how can I be? I was the leader of Ladies Code. Our group has yet to debut. We were very close in perfecting our dance and finishing up the album. There was simply no time for romance in my book.

“Are you sure?” EunB asked while skillfully avoiding the other question. “That reaction just now makes me suspicious.”

I belt out a fake laugh to cover up her suspicion while waving my hand in front of my face. “That’s because you caught me off guard. You don’t usually ask these questions.” It was a good cover up. I mentally pat myself on the back.

EunB’s face fell. She moves slowly over to the bench of the room and sits down. She twists the ends of her short orange hair, nervously. I took it as a sign for me to ask what was wrong. I was the Leader and members expected me to listen if they had concerns. I made it very clear to them that they can come to me for anything. Following after her, I cautiously sat down.

“What’s up?” I ask in English. Since I came from New York, I knew English very well.

EunB sighs and slowly turns towards me. “When we become stars, it’s harder to date.”

I nod. The life of a star was difficult. You could lose fans if you’re taken or get threatened by fans. It was a big risk dating someone in the industry. BigHit didn’t have any rules against it but it also wasn’t encouraged.

“So I was thinking, before I debut, I want to experience dating and romance.” EunB continues.

I stare at her with wide eyes. What type of goal was that? Romance over focusing on their debut? “You need to focus.” I bluntly tell her. Her brown eyes quickly shift to the floor in front of her and her lips began to quiver.

EunB wasn’t usually like this but she came to me because she wanted to talk to a friend, not a leader. She trusts me. We all trust each other. “I’m sorry.” I place my hand on her shoulder. “Just do what you want but remember if it gets in the way of our group…”

“I know, I know.” EunB says suddenly chirpy. “I just wanted the okay from you. I promise it won’t get in the way.” She left the bench enthusiastically and stretches. There was a sudden glow in her face. Could it be that she has someone in mind already?

“Who is it?” I ask once more.

She winks. “You’ll find out soon.” Not even dropping a hint, eh?

I squint at her. It was so like her! I slowly got up and I follow her out of the room. “Come on EunB! You got to tell me.” I said grabbing her arm and playfully shaking it.

“Nope~” She stuck out her tongue. “And stop making that face. How are you going to get a boyfriend like that?”

“Oh, suddenly you’re the love expert?” I smile disparagingly.

She hums in response.

We were walking down the hallway and I suddenly thought it was a good idea to walk backwards.

“Then let me guess!” I place a finger on my chin and tap it cutely, in my opinion. I think hard about who could be her ideal guy. She didn’t talk to too many guys besides the manager. She never spoke to the backup dancers either. “Is it someone in our company?” I try.

EunB shakes her head. “I’m still not telling~” She keeps her chin up high. I was going to take another guess but then I saw her eyes widen like two flying saucers, staring right behind me. I knew we pass the corner of the hall because the wall ends but what I didn’t know was that there was a person who came out of the hallway at the same time.

My back collides with a hard, muscular body. “Oof!” I said. EunB places her hand over since she was the only one who knew who was behind me. I turn red. Whoever it was, must be important. I was still a trainee and causing trouble with anyone wasn’t part of my life goals. I quickly turn around to apologize but my hair acts on its own and whips the guy in the face.

My face felt even warmer. “Ai! I-Im so sorry! I—“ I quickly bow halfway. I didn’t even have time to look at who it was. I felt awkward. I was fortunate though. My long brown hair curtains my face so they wouldn’t see the expression I was making.

There was a moment of silence as I held my breath. I was waiting for the man to yell at me but it never came. Instead I heard a boyish chuckle. Eh? I look up, my face twist confusingly. The man was no manager or major star that was from our company. It was rookie BTS, Jimin. Next to him was another member from the same group, V.

Jimin and V belong to a rookie group called BTS or Bangtan Boys. Another name was Bulletproof Boy Scouts. They made their debut halfway through this year with their song “No more Dreams”. Usually when I had free time, I spam their songs on my ipod. We were from the same company so I thought it would be nice to support each other. Plus, their music was great.

I didn’t know them well because their group and my group had different schedules. It would be nice to know them though. From what I’ve seen of them on stage, they look fun and cute. I’m surprised to see them in the hallway.  

Jimin was the first to react. He put his hand over his heart like he was surprised. “You don’t have to be sorry. I’m still a rookie. Accidents, right?” He chuckles again and glances over to V, whose interest was in everything else but us. Was he really picking the wall with his fingertips?

I could tell that he could feel eyes on him so he begins to speak. “Maybe it wouldn’t have happened if you were walking normally like EunB, over there.” V turns his head over to us. “But it’s not that bad of a style.” He shrugs. “Maybe walking backwards will become a trend someday.”

Jimin grins. “Maybe the day when we have eyes on the back of our head.”

V slams his fist into his hand like it was the most amazing thing ever said. “Right?” The two members start to laugh hard at their own agreement.


I stare at the two. They were not mad so that was a plus but this situation was just too weird. I like it though. I felt comfortable between the members. Before I knew it, I was laughing myself. Laughing has always been contagious to me. I didn’t understand how funny it was but I laugh with them.

EunB places her short locks over the back of her ear and slightly chuckles with us. She looks very confused and uncomfortable.

The laughter dies down after a few more seconds. “Anyways,” Jimin speaks up again. “Listen it’s alright, okay?” He gave us a small smile and gave me a small shoulder squeeze.

I nervously nod my head. Unsure why, I became silent.

He turns to leave but then he whips himself back to us. “Also, not to sound creepy but your hair smells pretty nice.” He gives me a thumbs up and looks over to a disgruntled, V. “That wasn’t creepy, right?” Jimin asks. His face pales as V shakes his face into the palm of his hand.

V throws his arm over the shorter male. “Nice try. Lets go.” V steers Jimin away from us and waves.

“See you guys around.” He walks quickly away with Jimin under his arm. Jimin glances back at us and flashes a grin. He turns to V again, annoyance all over his face.

“Yah! I’m older than you!” Jimin exclaims and wiggles under his arm. I laugh again. They are silly.

I hear their conversion faintly as they leave the hallway.  “By what? A couple months?” V retorts, slightly scoffing. I barely hear any more of their banter when they leave the hallway.

I sigh happily and turn to EunB. “Well, that was interesting.” I could still remember them freshly in my mind. Jimin was just cute in general. V was odd but cute as well.

Eunb smiles at me. “They’re so amazing aren’t they?” She looks up dreamingly.

“Wait, you like someone from BTS?” I stare at her. If V knew her name, she must have interacted with him before, right?

I grab her shoulders and shake her. “You like V?” I ask again.

Her face starts to flush red. “Maybe.~” She shrugs off my arms and continues skipping to her room.

This .

I sigh and slam my head against the wall. Whatever. EunB was just being a tease again.

I walk into the kitchen area to get a drink before bed. I was thirsty. Tomorrow was practice again and the manager told me something about a dance competition that I need to prepare for. I grin delightfully.

I started off on youtube doing dance covers from different groups. I was discovered that way so it would be nice to just dance in front of everyone for a while.

Before I even stepped a foot closer into the kitchen, a black sheet covers my entire head and blocks my vision. I felt the fabric touch the ends of my knees. “What!?” I start to panic as my heart beats drastically. Someone laughs victoriously and pulls me down to the ground. “Gotcha!” The man yells.

 I scream and struggle to get out of the sheet. A flashback of my past explodes in my head. Was I being kidnapped again?!  A tear escapes my eye and I silently cry to myself.

I hear another voice through the loud drumming in my ears. “J-Hope…I don’t think that girlish scream was Jungkook’s…” 

-----------------------

Leafy's Comments: Well, I hope that wasn't too bad >.> I just had to end with a cliff hanger because I got inspired by Attack on Titan. : D (King of Cliff Hangers)
Also, I told you. TRY HARD HUMOR. Not even funny I swear e_e 
Also, I decided to add a little bit of angst at the end because I don't want my main character to walk the easy life : D (horrible aren't I?) 
I got to admit, this was slightly choppy but I'm a first timer so >.< 
Comment and Subscribe~~ <3 Love you