Suga Hope

Like a Bent Tree

J-Hope’s arms loosen around my body. If I wasn’t scared, I would have said that he smells nice but the thoughts that slips into my head were memories. Memories of almost being taken away.

“It isn’t?” J-Hope asks dumbfounded. “Doesn’t he usually have high pitch screams?”

The other person answers, “Not that high.” He chuckles lightly.

I bite my lip and remove the black sheet off my body. “G-get this off me!” I choke on my own words. I saw them through blurry eyes. One was J-Hope and the other was Suga. They look awkward but only because I have tears running down my cheeks.

I quickly wipe them away and I get up. I have to be strong and pretend their little joke was nothing. It really wasn’t their fault. They didn’t know.  

“Sorry you caught me by surprise and—“ The tears started spilling again. I thought I had gotten over it but now, it seems unlikely. I move my hand to wipe my tears again, trembling. Get over this Ash! Don’t make them feel bad about you. “I—“ I try again but I hang my head down.

They were both silent as the tears continue to roll down my cheeks. I hear them shuffling closer together and whispering loudly.

“See. I told you it was a bad idea.” I see through my hair that Suga points at J-Hope, blaming him.

J-Hope puts his hands out in defense. “What?! I didn’t know it was her!” He starts to panic and looks around the room for anything to calm me down.

J-Hope sticks his hand in a drawer and struggles to find something entertaining. Suga watches him with an evil grin. I could tell that he likes watching him suffer.

“Aha!” J-Hope pulls out a toy frog made out of rubber from the utensils area.

“Pfft.” I almost laugh but the tears still stung my eyes.   

“Stupid. Do you think she’s a kid?” Suga rolls his eyes.

J-Hope ignores him and squeezes the frog. The belly of the frog enlarges and you could see little glitters swimming around the stomach.

“WHOA! Did you guys see that?” J-Hope looks entranced with the frog. With his mouth wide open and his eyes sparkling at the frog, I start to giggle.

J-Hope notices my giggle and his expression brightens. “See its working!” J-Hope points at Suga to prove him wrong. “I have the ability to make anyone laugh.” He says cockily, titling his head to the side.

I laugh again. He really was one of a kind. “I’m laughing because you’re weird.” I say wiping a tear.

This time, Suga bursts out laughing. “See. You’re weird.”

J-Hope lips go into a thin line.

Suga claps his hands together, laughing still. “Now, go and hug her.” He suggests.

“What?!” We both yell at him. Skin ship wasn’t that big of a deal to me. I was born in America where friendly folks hugged each other and were okay with it. It wasn’t like that over here. Still, I was nervous. J-Hope was really dorky and it would be fun to get a hug from him but I could not forget the level of scare he gave me.

“Pipe down. Yeash. Do you guys have any idea what time it is?” Suga sighs. “Just hug already so we can go to bed.” He crosses his arms. He was really demanding!

J-Hope looks at me nervously. “What if she doesn’t want it?”

“Too bad.”Suga glances at me. In a way, he was enforcing this to happen. What I find funny is that me and J-Hope went along with it. 

“I don’t mind.” I finally say it as normally as I could. “It’s good to repay someone after a scare like that.” I point out. To be honest, I was pretty excited. Getting a hug from a member from BTS! Every Army’s dream.

Scratching the back of his head, J-Hope looks around nervously before casually walking over to me.

“Well, if you insist. Here I go.” I see his cheeks go pink as his arms curl around me, holding me in a tight embrace. My arms reach around his back, hugging him back. He was sweet. His scent was masculine, mixed with a little bit of new sweat. He smells clean like he’s just gotten out of a shower.

“Is this okay?” His voice trembles a bit. His arms were very stiff though, probably from nerves.

“Yeah.”

“I’m sorry.” He blurts out. “It was for Jungkook but he never came. That kid is smart. He probably knew I was up to something.” He sighs.

I nod once against his chest. “No problem. It’s not really you’re fault.” I had to admit. J-Hope was like a small puppy. Wild and chirpy all the time but at the same time, knew how to act cute to get what he wants.

I want to stay in this position longer. It felt nice to get a hug from a guy. I only had one boyfriend in my life and that was one time in middle school. It lasted around three months before we decide to call it quits. He started to have feelings for another girl and that's when I knew I had to let him go. 

I suddenly hear a clap. I glance over to Suga who has the most sinister smile on his features. He really seems to be enjoying this.

“The cutest couple ever.~” He announces to embarrass us.

J-Hope pushes me back suddenly. I stumble a bit but use the counter to hold me still. What was that for?!

“W-what are you saying? You told me to hug her!” His face turns scorch red as he explains the misunderstanding to his fellow member.

“I think he’s just teasing us.” I cross my arms and laugh.J-Hope could not have been embarassed because of me right? 

“See? She’s good for you. She’ll help you understand situations better. Trust me. You need all the help you can get.” Suga teases.

“You!” J-Hope playfully reaches for Suga’s shirt. If he were a cartoon, he would have flames bursting through his eyes.

I giggle again.

Amazing. Meeting four members of BTS in one day. I never thought of it happening until we debut. I guess Santa came early this year.

I flip my hair over my shoulder, suddenly feeling confident. This time, I decide to introduce myself. That way when we meet again, I can greet them properly.

“You can call me Ashley.” I was glad my tears dried up against my cheeks. I hope my eyes or nose weren’t red though.

“Ashley. My name is J-Hope. This is Suga.”

“I know already. I listen to your songs and I’ve watched performances on TV.”

“Woo! A fan!” J-hope fist pumps in the air. Suga shushes him.

“Well not just a fan but I’m also part of this BigHit. I don’t think we've ever talked? Our group is close to debuting.” I explain to them. I’m glad the awkwardness has left us. Now we were talking like we’ve been friends for a while.

“Ah, so still a trainee?” Suga asks.

I nod.

Suga stares at me for a second. I didn’t feel indifferent about his gaze but he looks like he was trying to figure something out. 

“What’s your favorite song of ours then?” He suddenly asks. His left eye brow raises slightly as he crosses his arm.

J-Hope stands there, eagerly waiting too.

That was a tough one. All of their songs were amazing so far. “That’s hard.” I nearly whined. I thought harder.

“If I had to choose, my current favorite would be The Rise of Bangtan.”

“Oh that’s a fun song.” J-Hope exclaims.

“I agree! It just gets me so excited when I hear it. Partially because I’m happy that you guys debuted.”

Suga stares at me again. Under his stare this time, I felt nervous. I knew he was judging me for picking that song out of all the songs with meaningful lyrics. I love it though so I thought it would be best to answer truthfully.

“Wow that was unexpected.” He finally says to me. “I thought you were going to tell me one of the songs we performed live. Like, No more Dream, Bulletproof, or N.O.”

I shake my head. “But of course I love those too! But I really like this song right now so…”

He grins. “You’re interesting.” He cuts me off. “At least we know that you listen to our other songs.”

I grin back. Suga was a really blunt guy. He wasn’t afraid of calling J-Hope stupid and he told us what to do like it was normal for him. 

“Well then. I expect you to do the same when we debut.” I say glancing at my nails.

“Ooh sassy.” J-Hope replies.

We laugh together cheerfully that night, until the manager decides to walk in on us.

----

The next day, I'm already in the training room dancing in tune to the music. My group members was present already focusing hard on the dance moves and song. Sojung was singing her heart out when someone kicks the door open.

All our heads turn to a man wearing a grey knit sweater and styled hair. 

“Manager!” Zuny calls out to him.

My manager was an older guy with graying hair. He was very handsome though but he was hard to deal with because of his tough personality.

He places a bunch of Starbucks coffee on a bench. “Help yourselves.”

The girls in my group cheer as they went to grab their drinks.

Before I could walk to it, Manager hands me a cup. “Here.”

I blink in surprise and take it. I thank him. He moves us over to the side so we can talk privately.

“Practice going well?” He asks casually, planting his bottom to the bench. 

“Mhhm.” I say sipping my drink. Manager was always hard on me since I was the Leader. Today he speaks kindly to me. Odd enough, he’s grinning  more than usual as well.

“Why do you ask?” I ask curiously. He must want me to do something. 

He pulls a slip of paper from his jacket pocket. “This.”

He unrolls it it flat against his legs. There is large words and pictures written on it. It was a flyer! I read the title “Dance Dance Underground.” On the paper, there is splashes of colors and silhouettes of people dancing. Whatever it was advertising made it look high energy and fun.

“OH! So you want me to join this?” This was over the top exciting. Not only do I love to dance but I never had the pleasure of joining a competition.

“Bingo.” He strikes a pose. “The winner gets five grand and underground recognition. I think it would do a lot before you debut. You’ll have fans cheering you on even before you can blink!” The manager looks a little too excited since I’m the one who should take that expression. I was the one entering, not him.

“So how does it work?”

“Well it’s a competition so it’s a weekly thing. If you miss a day though a very high chance you’re out. Once a week, they give you a chance to perform any dance you want or have prepared for us. Then the next night, they eliminate people. So all you got to do, is be not eliminated.”

He says it like it was so easy. Anywoo, it was something I am willing to partake in.

“I’m in.”

“Good girl.” He pats my head and gets up. The next competition is three nights from now so I have plenty of time to choose a song and routine.

After practice, I go through some CD’s as the other members in my group leave. I pick one and slip it into the CD player.

I start to moves my hips in a circular motion as the song starts and then it went upbeat. I felt sweat dripping down my back as I continue. Every once in a while I would take a break and drink some water. All I have to do was practice for the first competition. That was it.

I feel like the weight of the world is on my shoulders though. Manager must really think I could win. It was a possibility I could but there were other dancers out there more amazing than me surely.

I concentrate on the music and move my body accordingly. I was almost finished for the day. That's when I hear clapping. This time it was from someone in the dance studio.

I freeze up. That means, they were watching the entire time! I wasn’t sure if I should be pleased by it or unhappy. To come in without me knowing was embarssing! I turn slowly to see that the person was…

========================================================================================

Leafy's Comments:

Cliffhanger Time! : D

Also, I wrote this with sleepy eyes. I'm so tired. Typos with grammar to be expected. I'll try to update more often. 

Some J-Hope and Suga interaction now~ 
 

So far i've decided so far on personality. Of course, this could change 
Jimin: Tease
Suga: Evil 
J-Hope: Dorky
V: Odd Ball
Jin: sensitive / romantic
Rapmonster: Mean 
Jungkook: try to be innocent / caring