Departure

Song For Love

Narrator's POV

"Heerin eonnie, what time will we leave later?" Minmin asked. 

Heerin shrugged, "I don't know yet, I'll ask Junhong later." Minmin nodded. They are in the locker room, changing to their P.E. uniforms. 

Taeyan just got out from one of the cubicles, "Yah, I met a Fourth year student at our vocal class a while ago." she said raising her eyebrows up and down. 

Heerin, who had tied her hair into a pony playfully answered, "Okay? What now?"

"Is he someone we knew?" Minmin asked. 

Taeyan shrugged, "I don't know, maybe? Do you know Woohyun Sunbae?" she asked. 

Heerin and Minmin's eyes widened before turning away from the mirror to face Taeyan.

"WOOHYUN SUNBAE?!" They said in unison, mouth a gapped. Taeyan jumped at their sudden yelling.

"Yeah, I just said it." 

"Woohyun sunbae is known for his romantic voice~" Heerin cooed. 

"Yep, he is also good in basketball!" Minmin said as she imaginarily shoot the ball. Heerin and Minmin squealed at each other holding and shaking their hands. 

The maknae just rolled her eyes at them. "That's all?" Taeyan scoffed. The two eldest stopped from their squealing before answering. 

"Not only that, he is also one of the smartest!" Heerin said.

"THE PERFECT PACKAGE!" Minmin added. 

Taeyan looked at them in disbelief. "What's with him being the 'perfect package'?" she asked as she raised a brow. 

"Nothing, you asked if there is more right?" Heerin said. Taeyan rolled her eyes again before leaving the locker room. 

 

The coach said they can play for now, since it's the first day of school. Minmin frowned and sat at one of the benches to read some fanfics on her phone. She isn't the sporty type of girl. As for Heerin and Taeyan, they are fond of playing volleyball. The girls excluding Minmin, are playing and practicing volleyball while the boys play basketball. 

Playing for half an hour, Daehyun glanced at the girls as he dribble the ball. He ran towards the ring avoiding his oppenents and did a lay-up shot. Tired and sweating, he took a break and sat on the bench. He watched as Taeyan jumped over the net and smashed the ball to their opponent's court. He smiled when she ran and hugged Heerin. He remembered the time they were playing soccer at the field. 

 

"Yah, go easy on me! I'm not a good as you are!" Taeyan said trying to steal the ball from Daehyun. 

Daehyun chuckled while he dribbles the ball away from her reach. Taeyan even tried to make a fool out of him, playing pranks on him. Daehyun just loves teasing her. 

She was struggling to free from Daehyuns arms that was blocking her from getting near the ball, but she tripped on Daehyun's leg causing her Daehyun to fall on top of her. They stared at each other wide eyed, their was a deafening silence that they could here their fast heartbeats. Daehyun gulped and lift himself off her before helping her to stand. Their was an awkward silence. 

Taeyan looked at the ball then to Daehyun who was lost in his own world. She bit on her lower lip before sneakily kicked the ball to the goal. Daehyun had just realized what happened and glared at her. 

Taeyan was laughing on the ground, clapping her hands. "YOU SHOULD'VE SEEN YOUR FACE HAHAHA THAT WAS HILARIOUS HAHAHA" she said, trying to stop laughing. Daehyun shook his head and smiled at her. He lay beside her who have relaxed. They stared at the cloudy blue sky. Daehyun lay on his left arm as his right hand grabbed Taeyan's hand. 

He sighed, "What a tiring day." He said and smiled. Taeyan looked at him in disbelief and chuckled. 
"You weren't sweating at all. I was bullied by you." Taeyan pouted as she stared at the clouds. Daehyun smirked.
"It's really fun teasing you, it's my hobby now." he said. She just scoffed and closed her eyes, breathing the fresh air. 

The surrounding is just too peaceful in the field. Daehyun chuckled, he gripped her hand tighter and looked at her. 

 

 

 

 

 


*I love you..*

 

 

 

 

 

"YAH JUNG DAEHYUN!" Youngjae yelled making Daehyun jump in shock. 

"Aish, what now?" Daehyun said ruffling his hair in frustration. 

Youngjae snickered, "Tch, what 'what now'? P.E. is over." he said then left. Daehyun grumbled as he followed behind Youngjae. 

 


At last, they were dismissed. Minmin, Heerin and Taeyan immediately packed their things. They rushed down the hall 'till the school gates. Tonight is Heerin's flight to Australia. They'll celebrate their family reunion along their other relatives there, they'll be having their vacation their also.  The three panted when the reached the gate. 

"Is your father here yet?" Minmin asked. 

Heerin nodded before answering, "Eo, I think he's over there. Let's go." she  said. They stopped by Heerin's house to fetch their remaining baggages before driving off to the airport. 

On the way, Minmin and Taeyan are trying to enlighten the atmosphere joking around with Heerin and Zelo. They're trying not to think about Heerin's departure. When they arrived at the airport, they accompanied Heerin 'till they reach the area where they have to check in. Zelo hugged Taeyan and Minmin. 

"Noona, I'm sorry I'll be the one who'll leave you this time." Zelo said earning a smack on his arm from Taeyan. Zelo pouted while rubbing his arm.

"You'll just have a vacation there!" Taeyan said. Zelo gave her a bear hug before checking in with thier mother. Heerin hugged the both Taeyan and Minmin. 

"You won't forget me right?" Heerin teased earning a smack from the two.

"YAAAH!!!" they both yelled at her. Heerin laughed at their reaction. 

"You'll just be gone for a few days!" Taeyan grumbled.

"I'm just kidding! Ofcourse I'll be back, I promise." she smiled. 

"You better comeback! I won't cry because you said you'll comeback." Taeyan said. 

"What the sourcery is this anyway, you left for states and now she'll leave for Australia! I shall leave for Canada next time." Minmin sarcastically said.

"No! We shall leave together for Jeju!!" Taeyan said. The two chuckled. For the last time they had a group hug. 

They waved at Heerin as she was checking in. When Heerin was no where to be seen their arms dropped. They miss her already. Minmin let out a heavy sigh while Taeyan put her pink earphones on her pocket. 


Taeyan heard a faint sob beside her. She furrowed her eyebrows and looked at Minmin who's wipping her tears. 

Taeyan tried to stiffle a laugh but failed."Are you crying?!" she said still trying to stop herself. Minmin stared at Taeyan, "No, I'm laughing." she said sarcastically and Taeyan brokedown laughing causing passersby to look at them. 

Taeyan relaxed and chuckled a little before calming herself to speak. "Sorry, it's just that. You, who we thought would never cry at a time like this just did." She said laughing softly. Minmin pouted and grumbled off leaving Taeyan. "Yah eonnie, wait for me!" Taeyan said. When she was about to tag along Minmin she bumped into someone. 


"Jweseonghamnida!" she bowed then ran towards Minmin. The person stared at her running back. He crouched down to pick up his backpack. He saw an earphone underneath it. He looked for the girl but she left.