Lost

Song For Love

Narrator's POV 

He looked at the earphones and back to where the girl have disappeared to. He furrowed his eyebrows. "What am I suppose to do with this?" He shooked his head. 

"Kyungsoo-yah!" He turned and saw Ryeowook coming towards him.

"Where have you been? I thought someone stole them already." Ryeowook said and heaved out a sigh. 

The boy sheepishly smiled,"Sorry about that Hyung. I was kinda lost." Kyungsoo said.  Ryeowook nodded telling him it's fine. 

"Oh, what's that? Earphones? Woah, I didn't know you liked pink." Ryeowook noticed that he was holding the earphones. Kyungsoo's eyes went wider. 

"A-anyo, this aren't mine. Someone bumped into me and I found this." He said. Ryeowook just nodded and plopped his arm on Kyungsoo's shoulder telling him to go. Kyungsoo took one last glance at where he bumped into the girl. He sighed and brought the earphones to his pocket. 

The van was awkwardly silent. Kyungsoo was too occupied in his thoughts looking through  the window. Ryewook cleared his throat before speaking. 

"Ehem. Isn't it you're first day of class?" Ryeowook asked. Kyungsoo looked at him and nodded. 

"Nae." 

"Oh, but did you asked someone to excuse you for a while?" Ryeowook asked.

Kyungsoo nodded, "Nae, I asked Woohyun to take care of that." Kyungsoo answered. Ryeowook just nodded. "Oh ok." was all he can say. 

 

Taeyan just got home after the long ride. She lazily removed her shoes before going to the kitchen where dinner is ready. She smiled and went to her mother, placing her arms on the shoulder of her mother's.

"Hi, mom~" she pecked her mother's cheeks.

"Oh, you're home" her mother said. Taeyan greeted her stepfather and patted her little stepsister's head. 

"Nae, sorry I'm late. Minmin eonnie and I accompanied Heerin at the airport." Taeyan said as she settled herself to eat.

"Oh right, tonight is their flight. So how was you're first day?" She asked. 

Taeyan shrugged."Fine, I got to see Minmin eonnie and Zelo again. And Heerin for the last time." Her mother nodded.

"It's just the first day of school, why did Heerin suddenly left?" her stepfather asked.

"Hmm, I don't know. Maybe because to settle some things in school. She even got mad telling me why I only informed her parents about my arrival and not her." Taeyan chuckled remembering that moment. They sarted their meal. Her mother stood up to prepare them drinks.

"How about Daehyun? Have you seen him?" Her mother suddenly asked. Taeyan paused. She calmed herself before answering. 

"I saw him. He is my seatmate too." She said trying to hide the awkwardness. Hearing her statement, her mother brightened up.

"Really?" she said while giving them a glass of water each. She plopped herself back on her seat. 

"Is he still that handsome young man? Are his parents doing well? Have you seen his mother?" Her mother bombared her with questions.

"Uhm,yeah? And nope. I haven't seen his parents or his mother yet."  Her mother frowned in disappointment. 

"Oh is that so. So how have you two been? It's already your Fifth year together!! Omonaaa~ Are planning to get married in the future!?!" Taeyan's eyes widened like an owl's.

"Eomma!! What are you saying?. NO, we are not planning to get married and neither it is our fifth year together!" She accidentally raised her voice. The room went completely silent. Her mother stared at her daughter. Taeyan stood up and went straight to her room locking it. Her mother who was taken aback by her daughter's outburst sighed. Her step father comforted her. 

"Did I said something wrong?" her mother said.

"Yeobo,maybe there is something she haven't told us yet." her step father comforted her mother.


She leaned on her door after locking it. She released a heavy sigh. She didn't know why was she suddenly like that. All she know is that she's still affected when it comes to Daehyun. Frustated, she ran her hand through her hair. She just can't forget him. There would be a time that she had completely forgotten about him but when someone would just remind her she would just get affected. She was taking deep breaths to calm herself. 

At times when she's like this, Daehyun would be there. He would just be by her side holding onto her hand. It's enough to make her feel comfortable. He may not be that expressive by his words, but with his simple gestures she could feel his sincerity. 

"Aish, jeongmal!!!" she ruffled her hair in frustration. She sighed again. She was about to take her earphones when she can't feel anything in her pocket. 

Her eyes widened and panicked. "Omona! Eodiya?! Andwae, andwae.." she prayed in her head hoping her earphones is just somewhere. She searched everywhere but she can't find it. She was even more frustrated than ever. 

That earphones was special to her. Now, she feels depressed. Not just because of her contemplative mind but because of her irresponsibility. Her mother won't buy her a new one since she have lost all her other earphones. And without her earphones she can't sleep. With no choice, she slept without any music around her. After a few hours, she finally have fallen asleep.

 

 

The bright light of a Wednesday morning awakened her. She shifted in her sleep hiding herself under the blanket. 

"EOONNIE-YAH! IREONASAEYO!!!" her step sister yelled behind the door. 

"Five more minutes!!" she managed to say. 

"EOONNIEE-YAH!!! PALI!! YOU'RE LATE!!!" her step sister, Eunsol, yelled. Her eyes shot wide open, she stood up and looked at the her clock. It was 7:45am and her first period starts at 8:00. She hurriedly went to the bathroom. 

She ran down the stairs to see Eunsol in the living room watching cartoons. 

"Eunsol-ah, where's mom?" she asked. Eunsol didn't answer, ignoring her. 

She rolled her eyes, "Ugh, just tell them I left for school." she said before heading out of their house. 

 


He was standing under the roof of the bus stop, it was raining. He looked at the time on his watch and ruffled his hair in frustration. He had slept late yesterday, he was looking for a song for the vocal solo so he can practice early. 

He was still drowsy, his eyelids are threatening to close at any moment. Taeyan reached the bus stop, panting as she sat down. "Aish, I'm so dead." She said to herself. She saw a familiar student standing in front of her. He was like a drunk person who can't stand straight. He had lost his balance and was about to fall on his back. She panicked and ran to him from behind to prevent him from falling. 

"O-mona! Are you okay?" She panickly asked when the student managed to stand again. He turned to thank the student who just saved his life, when he saw her, he brightened. 

"Oh! Taeyan right?" he asked, feeling happy that he saw her. "Oh, Woohyun sunbae...." she said. Woohyun chuckled. He didn't expect them to meet again. 

"I'm guessing you're in a hurry too?" he asked. Taeyan nodded, "And you are also late?". Woohyun nodded too. Just in time, the bus came. The two where surprised to see the bus crowded. There isn't any available seats, but their were male students who were seated at the back seat. Taeyan stood and hold the handle while Woohyun stood behind her then the bus went off. 

On the way, Taeyan is feeling conscious because of the whispers from the male students. Woohyun who was near them heard some of them.

"Dude,under it!"

"Wait! I'm trying to! If only this guy isn't a er!" one of the hissed. Woohyun gripped harder on the handle, he purposedly lowered his backpack to cover Taeyan's legs that was once visible to them. One of them cursed, frustrated that the flawless skin was hidden. Woohyun smirked. The bus stopped at an all boys school. The male students stood up. They passed by Woohyun and Taeyan, but one of them attempts to touch her. Before the hand could get near her Woohyun blocked it making it look like he was hugging her. He glared at the student who just smirked before leaving the bus. 

Taeyan gulped feeling awkward by the sudden skinship. She cleared . Woohyun took his other arm away from her, giving her space. "Ah, sorry about that." he rubbed the back of his neck feeling awkward too. Taeyan gave him a small smile before sitting on the available seat. Woohyun sat beside her. 

They was an awkward silence between the two. Taeyan was looking the window while Woohyun is playing with his fingers. What feels like forever, atlast, the bus stopped near their school. There was a still silence when they got down until the bus left. 

Woohyun was about to speak when he was cut off, "Uhm, I'll be going inside first." She said before running to the school gate leaving Woohyun. Woohyun sighed, embarrased from what he had done earlier. He heard the bell rang, that's when he remembered that he was late. He ran towards the school.

 


Daehyun glanced on the empty seat beside him. He was looking for you.  It's 7:55 and you haven't come to school yet. The homeroom teacher has arrived and yet you're still missing. The teacher was about to start the lesson when you knocked. Somehow, Daehyun was able to relax in his seat. You bowed and apologized to your teacher, thankfully you didn't get detention. 

You were panting as you settled yourself, if you didn't ran you're surely late. Daehyun wanted to ask you why you were late but he decided not too. 

"Okay, may I ask our new student to introduce himself?" The teacher said. 

A boy student stood up infront, "Annyonghaseyo, Do Kyungsoo imnida.  Nice to meet you all" he bowed. He sat infront of you and Daehyun. You being curious and friendly tapped his back, you greeted him when he turned.

"Anyong! Kang Taeyan imnida~ I hope we can be friends." You waved at him with a smile. Daehyun was taken a back by your actions. He just pretended nothing happened and focused to the class. Kyungsoo slightly bowed and smiled at you before facing front. 

 

It's time for your dance class. On the way to the practice room Minmin asked you why you were late. You just told her that you've slept late, you didn't told her about the incident earlier. There are long chairs that four people can sit. Minmin sat on the edge followed by you. When you were about to sit someone sat beside you. You were surprised to see Daehyun beside you. He didn't looked at you as if you were'nt there. 

You looked around to see if there are any other space for him to sit but there is none. You blinked at him confused if he sat here on purpose or is it really because he had no choice. You just sat quietly shrugging the thought of Daehyun beside you. 

"Today's music of the day is Let Me know by NLT. I bet you have seen the choreography since SHINee's Taemin performed it." Your dance teacher said. Minmin smirked and looked at you who just smiled. 

"Do any of you know the choreography?" your teacher asked, expecting any of you to raise their hands. You looked at Minmin who obliged you to raise your hand too. Minmin raised her hand with yours making the both of you raise. 

The teacher brightened up, "Oooh~ The two girls over there! Would you show us?" the teacher ask anticipating it since you are girls. You felt nervous,  it's you're first time to dance infront of many people. The music started to play, you took deep breathing, you opened you're eyes and began to dance to the choreography


Daehyun is watching you surprised by the fact that you can dance. All he knows is you can sing well and play the drums, but he never thought of you to dance this good. He knew is you can dance but not as good as now, he knew your body is stiff. He watched you in amazement, it made him admire you. Minmin and you bowed, you were smiling sheepishly, happy at the same time anxious. Your classmates clapped, them as well were surprised by your sudden improvement. 

"I did not see that coming." was all the teacher could say. And that's where the dance class began. 

 


"Maknae-ah, heading home yet? Let's go together!" Minmin asked you while you were packing your stuff. 

"Ah, I'll practice today, mianhae eonnie." You smiled sheepishly. Minmin nodded then bid you goodbye. You changed into your comfortable clothes. 

You found a song to perform for the solo next week. You remembered the 'bet' that Woohyun proposed, you smirked. You're not expecting anything from him though, it's just that the thought of his words made you laugh. You turned the lights in the practice room. You faced the huge mirror, and started to warm-up. 

Later, you checked outiside the room if there are students passing by. When the hallways are clear you played a song.(Black pearl) You danced to the beat, enjoying your movements. You were practicing in the mirror with full charisma. A side that no one has ever seen yet. People know you are the shy type and bubbly to people you are comfortable with. But that was before. Way back in states you learned to socialize with others and to be comfortable with others. 

Every morning you would do dome stretching and bendings. You would also dance in your room with your earphones on. Singing and dancing is your way to relieve stress. It became your hobby. You have managed your time to your studies and leisure time. That's how you took care of yourself. 

"She's my beautiful black pearl~" the song ended.

You were panting smiling to yourself. You don't know but for some reason you just love sweating. Maybe because it releases the dirt in your body, and stress ofcourse. You lied on the floor satisfied. You closed your eyes for a while regaining your energy. 

What you don't know is that someone was watching you the whole time since you danced. 

Your phone alarmed signalling that your 10 minutes of rest is done. You swiped the alarm off before tidying the place up then left. You heard a faint sound of the piano at the other room. Curious, you sneakily opened the door to take a peek. 

A sweet melancholy tune started to play then he began to sing. 

Don't hesitate another minute please take away my heart
Yes, the sharper the better, the night that even the moon has closed her eyes"

You squinted your eyes trying to see who was it, but the dim lights in the practice room isn't helping. You entered the room without him noticing. You are watching him like you were hypnotized by his voice.

If it were any other man, if it were a single verse taken from a comedy
Burn all the scars you've exchanged for that love

Baby don't cry tonight after the darkness passes
Baby don't cry tonight it'll become as if it never happened
You're not the one to disappear into foam, something you never should've known
So Baby don't cry cry my love will protect you

You put your glasses on to see the mystery 'merman' singing. Your eyes widened and your mouth opened in amazement. It was Kyungsoo singing... 


Exchanging only our separate fates that lead to one another
As inevitable as it seemed that we?d miss, I know we loved just as m-----


You blinked, wondering why did he suddenly stopped. He sighed as his hands go through his hair. He jumped when he heard a noise behind him. You were clapping as you walked towards him. 

"Woah! I didn't know you have such talent." You said. He snickered. You brought your hands down.

"Tch, beautiful? But do you feel anything? I don't.." he added. 

You were confused by his words. Feel anything? What feeling? You were totally clueless.

"I don't know. All I know is you sing really well." you said. He sighed. 

"Just... don't tell anyone about this. I gotta go." he said then left. 

You watched him as he grab his bag and left the room. You thought about what he said. You shrugged before leaving as well. 

 


You were walking alone in a slow pace, looking around. You were randomly thinking about things again. A couple passed by you, holding hands while they linked arms. Your mind drifted to Daehyun. What does holding hands feel like? How does it feel to hold Daehyun's hands?  You never get te chance to hold hands..

Questions about being with Daehyun rang in your head. Until you asked yourself that only him can answer..  Is he still inlove with you? You stopped in your tracks. You pursed your lips as you closed your eyes. You're trying your best not to tear up. You breathed in deeply. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*BEEEEEEEP BEEEEEP* 

 

 

 

 


A loud horning sound is heard. You didn't notice that you were standing at the side of the road. When you opened your eyes, you were blinded by the bright light. 

 



The earphonesss~

Weird huh?