After the Game

Song For Love


Taeyan's POV

Friday, Heerin's arrival~  

Oh, and the basketball's game versus other schools. Minmin eonnie told me to meet her at school today, so after the game we can fetch Heerin at the airport. 

I opened the door to the gymnasium. Wow, there sure are a lot of people watching this game. Even some of the parents and teachers will be watching too. Who challenged us anyway?

I went to MinMin eonnie's side who was checking her stuffs with pluckcards and the thing that cheerleaders use. I forgot what it is. "Eonnie, who's game is it today?" I asked. She was too busy 'organizing' that she didn't heard me. 

"Oh, maknae. It's our team and the all boys school." she said.

Oh, the school near ours. I heard that our principal is close with theirs. So I'm guessing that they challenged are school. Later, our players went out and assembled in the middle of the gymnasium to warm-up. I saw a familiar player with the "Warriors" and jersey number 23 on it. The player ran and began to warm-up. It's Daehyun. I remember he even asked me if what jersey number should he use. I jokingly replied the number 23, since it's me birthday. I didn't know that he was serious. 

The relaxing silence of the gymnasium was interrupted when doors opened, revealing the oppenents. They were screaming and cheering as they settle to there bench. As they walk, I saw familiar faces of some of their players. I gasped in realization, they are the erted students the day we were on the bus. 


Woohyun's POV

We were busy warming up until we heard noises. They're here. Seoul's All boys Schools. They were one of the champions in basketball games, they were also the schools with players who are easily pissed off. So the tendency for my team to get bruised or get violent in the middle of the game is not impossible.

My eyes scanned their players. My eyes glared at the 4 familiar boys. I met eyes with one of them, he smirked and tapped one of his friends and pointed at me. They both smirked. They are the boys who almost harrassed Taeyan. I looked around to see Taeyan standing in shock. I guess she saw them too. This game would be very interesting. 


Taeyan's POV

"The game will start soon so may I inform the audience to take their seats." The announcer said. 

The audience are separated, on the right side is us. And on the left side are our opponent's audience with their 'cheering squad' which are obviously their girlfriends. It's on, The Army VS The warriors.

The referee blow his whistle calling the first five players. Woohyun Sunbae and Daehyun are included. While on the other side, the 4 erted boys are in too. 

They went to there places,  and the game begins. 

Woohyun Sunbae passed the ball to Daehyun, who immediately got the ball and dribble it. Others would steal the ball from him but with Daehyun's speed he is able to steal it back and make a 3 point shoot making us, especially me, jump from our seats and cheer louder. 

We won the first and second quarter. But the game later became more intimate. Minho sunbae got into a fight with one of the players. Luckily, the referee was there. The other player smirked, which provoked Minho Sunbae. He was out for the whole game after that. 

As the game continues, Woohyun Sunbae and Daehyun would signal the other to get the ball. Daehyun is known for his speed while Woohyun Sunbae for his skills and strategies. 

The referee blew his whistle. Daehyun stood outside the court and hold the ball. 

"Jung Daehyun Fighting!!!" I blurted out. 

I don't know if he heard it. Well probably, since I was right behind him. The referee whistled and Daehyun swiftly passed the ball to Woohyun, who automatically shoot the ball. 

"KYAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!" I screamed. Sorry, reflex.

"WOOHYUN SUNBAE FIGHTING!!!! WOOOOOOOHH!!!!" I covered my ears due to Minmim eonnie's loud screaming. I chuckled. Our fellow students cheered and chanted with us.

"NAM WOOHYUN! JUNG DAEHYUN! LEE SUNGYEOL! MOON JONGUP! BANG YONGGUK!" 

My throat starts to ache so I tried to stop myself from screaming. 

"KIM NAMJOON! MIN YOONGI! JUNG HOSEOK! JEON JUNGKOOK! KIM TAEHYUNG!" the 'girlfriends' cheered.

Minmin eonnie and her cheersquad got louder then the 'girlfriends' got louder aswell. I covered my ears because they are too noisy to bear.


It's the last quarter, And some players where replaced except Daehyun. I felt a light tap on my shoulder. I laughed at what my friend told me. I was still laughing until I saw Daehyun lying on the court holding on to his leg, screaming in agony.

My eyed widened, "Y-YAH! LOOK AT DAEHYUN! SOMEBODY HELP HIM YAAAH!!!" I panicked. I didn't notice that my tears that ran down my cheeks. 

"Taeyan-ah, are you okay? WHY ARE YOU CRYING?!" Minmin eonnie panicked too. She glanced at Daehyun who is being carried to the clinic. She raised a brow at me. "Are you crying because of Daehyun?" she asked raising a brow.

Oh sh- right! 

Why did I just cried?! 

Aish this is embarassing!!

 

Daehyun's POV


Damn! That was supposed to be a 2 points shoot! If only that Taehyung guy didn't get in the way. Purposely bumping into me, I hurt my leg and ankle. Darn it really! It hurts like.. argh! My mind is to occupied with the pain I felt. 

I left the infirmary after feeling better. The nurse said that I it was just cramps, and a minor injury in my ankle. That Taehyung even smirked, just wait 'till I see you again. 

I was sitting at one of the bleachers when Shinyoung and Minki came. 


"Yah,Jung Daehyun!" Shinyoung said sitting beside me. 


"Oh, anyong!" I said.


"Are you okay? What happend back there?" Minki asked, gesturing at the court. 


"I'm fine now. It was just cramps." 


Shinyoung nodded. She glanced at me and smirked.


"Daehyun-ah, did you know that our maknae cried?" she said inching closer to me while looking at me mischievously. Maknae? Who is their maknae?


I raised a brow,"Maknae?.. Who?" I asked curiously.


Shinyoung grinned. "Who else? ..Taeyan." 


Taeyan cried? Because of me? What did I do?


"So what? What am I supposed to do?" I asked coldly. I was a little annoyed.


"Nothing~" she cooed. "It's just that when she saw you in pain back there, we were shocked to see her crying already." She added.


I froze. That's weird..


"She was already tearing up while screaming 'Yah! Why isn't anyone helping him?! DAEHYUN GOT INJURED!!!'" Shinyoung continued, imitating Taeyan. 


I grew worried. She cried because I got injured? Does it mean that she's worried about me? I can't help to be happy. Taeyan still cares for me. I managed to just chuckle to supress myself from smiling. 


"Well! I'm afraid I gotta leave you there hangin'.. Bye!" They ran away. 


I saw them pass by Taeyan and Minmin. Taeyan was panicking, Shinyoung and Minki lowered their heads. I guess Minmin was scolding them. 

I was smirking as Taeyan buried her head on Minmin's shoulder. 


Taeyan's POV

"WHAT?! YOU TOLD HIM!?" I shouted. I didn't mean to raise my voice at them but... OH COME ON! They just spilled the beans to Daehyun. 

Shinyoung and Minki left. And here I am hugging Minmin eonnie..

"Aigoo.. eonnie what should I do.. So embarrasing.." I said. 

I don't know.. I was mentally panicking thinking of ways to avoid him. I better put on a disguise, rumors flash like lightning here. AH I DON'T KNOW! I can't think of anything..

I heard a chuckle. 

I slowly lifted lifted my head. I gripped on Minmin eonnie's shirt. 

Aish, speaking of..


"Yah Kang Taeyan!" 


I bit my lip nervously. Bwoh? 'Kang Taeyan' ? How dare this guy...

And suddenly Minmin eonnie left without a word. Geez, thanks. 

And now I'm left sitting awkwardly alone on the bleachers with a smirking basketball player infront of me. I mean a smirking injured basketball player. 

Slowly he settled himself beside me. I awkwardly moved away a little.


"Kang Taeyan. Why did you cried?" The stupid Jung Daehyun asked.  


Aish, the tone of his voice is annoying me. Too confident huh? 


"Cry? W-what cry..I did not!" I said avoiding his eyes. 


He scoffed.


"Yeah, right." He tapped my shoulder before standing up, and walked away. 


I relaxed and breath out all the air I've been holding in. 


I didn't notice that I have been sweating.. 


Weird. 

 

Woohyun's POV


I just got out of the locker room. Great, we lost. This Bangtan Boys are sure tough. We just have 30 seconds left before we could win. If Daehyun didn't get injured. It's not that I blame him.

When I got out, I saw Taeyan.. but she's with someone. Jung Daehyun. 

Taeyan was blushing and Daehyun is smirking. I don't know but my mood fell. I went the other way and left the gymnasium. 


"Woohyun-ah!" A voice called.


I turned, and I saw Daehyun walking towards me. He was holding onto his leg.


"Sorry about the game." He said rubbing the back of his neck. I can't help but be a little rude to him. 


"It's okay. How's your ankle?" 


"It's good! Anyway, have you prepared a song for this week?" He said. Oh right, I almost forgot. I remembered the bet with Taeyan. 


"Ofcourse!" I said. My mood brightened up. 


After having a mini conversation about the next game with Daehyun, Youngjae came into sight.


"Hey there dude!" He greeted. I chuckled, this guy and his weird greetings. 


"Hey." was all I can say. 


"Say, maybe you want to come with us tomorrow at our dorm? Let's hangout! We haven't got to play around in a long time." Youngjae said while frowning a little. 


Daehyun snickered, "Yah, stop it. You look stupid." he playfully puched Youngjae on the shoulder. 

He's right though, we haven't got to hangout since I was accelerated to 4th year. What can I say? I'm that smart. 

I pressed my lips into a thin line before nodding.. "Sure."

Later we bid our goodbyes, and left.