Prologue

Song For Love


Narrator's POV

She sat on the chair infront of the dresser brushing her long brown, layered hair.

For the last she stopped,she looked at her reflection on the mirror and smiled. Grabbing her bag, she left her room.


At the kitchen, her mother is preparing for breakfast. She placed the bowls of rice followed by the egg rolls and beef. Taeyan skipped to the kitchen while humming. 

"Good Morning mom!" Taeyan smiled and kissed ker cheeks. 

"Ooh~ Good Morning baby. It looks like you had a good sleep. I thought you won't be able to sleep properly." Her mother chuckled. 

"Why? I don't find any reason to be uncomfortable here. Infact, I'm excited to see Heerin again! I can't wait to attend my dance class!" She beamed.

"Ok fine. Miss I'm-excited- to-see-him-again." Her mother chuckled as she daughter. Her teasing made her daughter confused, oh right, she haven't told her mother about the break up yet.

"Huh? Him? Not really. I missed Heerin and MinMin more." She said denying the truth. 

Later, her stepfather came down with her stepsister. Her mother gave her stepfather's cheeks a goodmorning peck. Her stepsister who's still feeling drowsy, grumpily sat down. After breakfast the stepsiblings bid their parents goodbye and left for school. 

Taeyan walked through the school gates looking around the school she once left. Nothing has changed, except for some students. She continued to look here and there when she heard a voice.

"Taeyan?"

"Maknae?" They both said in unison. Taeyan turned and her eyes widened, a gapped  in shock. The girls screamed running towards each other and had a breathtaking trio hug.  

"I- can't- breath- pa-bo" Taeyan said gasping for air. They parted from her. They were still in shock that she's back, but what surprised them the most is her new appearance. The old Kang Taeyan who is boyish is now looking girly, not to mention their school uniform wherein they are wearing short skirts. Her hair is well fixed.

"MAKNAE YOU'RE A GIRL!!!" Heerin said. Minmin laughed in agreement while Taeyan gave Heerin a you-don't-say look. 

"Stupid, ofcourse I'm a girl! If I looked like a boy then you should've had a crush on me." Taeyan smirked. Heerin and Minmin who were laughing automatically stopped, and rolled their eyes on her.

"Ok. Let's go we don't know her." Heerin pulled Minmin. Taeyan blocked their way.

"I was just kidding!" she pouted. Minmin grabbed her face squishing her cheeks making Taeyan's face look like a fish.

"Aiigoooo you're so cute~". Heerin purposely walked between them separating them.

"Okaay, that's enough. She's mine." Heerin pulled Taeyan to her side. Minmin chuckled. She'll give Taeyan to her for a while.

These three have known each other since middle school before they agreed to transfer in a performing arts school. They treat each other like bestfriends but they care and protect for one another like sisters. Taeyan stood between them.

"That's enough! We still need to find our classroom!" Right on time, the bell starts to ring. The three shared looks and raced towards the building, they were smiling and laughing as they ran. 

They stopped infront of the classroom's door panting and gasping for air. Silly aren't they? Well, that's their nature, being like kids. They fixed their uniforms before sitting on their assigned seats. Sad to say they were separated. The teacher made a little introduction and was about to start the discussion when a knock was heard from the door. The student bowed and apologized for being late. Taeyan was too occupied looking outside the window to notice. The teacher told him where will his seat be. The teacher pointed at the last row at the corner, the vacant seat beside Taeyan. He walked silently before placing his bag and settled on his seat. Taeyan felt movements beside her, when she turned beside her, her eyes widened.

 

Flashback of memories starts to play in her mind. She remembered the first time they met. Their duets together in school. Him playing the guitar as she sings. Their voices that blends well, the lyrics which says their feelings towards each other. She remembered everything. And now, his habit of going near her silently like now. He is near her again. She just realized how much she missed him. Tears starts to well-up in her eyes but she knew that she doesn't have the right to.

Taeyan distracted herself and focused on the class discussion. She is trying her best to avoid him. She can't let the two years of studying hard abroad go to waste. She tried hard to act like she wasn't affected by him at all. On the other side, Daehyun didn't notice her at all. He was too busy on the discussion as well. He had brought up his grades up once again. He's been studying really hard this time. He's been working hard for the past two years. 

He was playing with his pen when it fell down. He lowered down and reached for his pen. He sat up, but when he was about to take down notes he saw something familiar. He saw this familiar silver dangling bracelet with a pendant of a guitar with words "ILoveYou" engraved on it. He narrowed his eyes in curiosity, he looked at the owner of the bracelet. He silently turned his head at her. He stared at her, he was dumbfounded. 

He didn't expect her to be back at all

Her chin was on her left hand listening to the teacher.  He stared at her calm, innocent eyes. She took her pen and was about to jot down notes when her eyes met his. He looked away his eyes down to his notebook pretending to write something. She blinked her eyes at him in confusion. She just shrugged it off and continued to take notes. However, while Taeyan was busy, Daehyun occasionaly took glances at her. 

The bell rang, the students bowed and the teacher left. Daehyun grabbed his bag and left. Taeyan was packing her things and glanced at Daehyun's back, leaving the room. Heerin approached her.

"Taeyan-ah, let's eat together!" Heerin raised her eyebrows playfully.

"Sure, but where's Minmin Eonnie?" she asked noticing that Minmin isn't in the classroom anymore.

"Oh, she said that she'll be having her dance class." Taeyan looked at Heerin. 

"But she should eat first, she might get hungry during the class." she said. 

Heerin chuckled, "No need! She said she'll eat a few before going." Heerin said.Taeyan nodded in understanding. She took her bag and they left for the cafeteria. 

 


"Hyung! I heard Taeyan noona is back." Zelo came out of nowhere and placed his arm on Daehyun's shoulders. 

Daehyun rolled his eyes, "Yeah and so?" he said as he took he's shoulders away from Zelo's arm. The 2nd year student's eyes widened at his cold answer. 

"Ooh~ You didn't even missed her?" He said he brought his arm on his shoulders again. 

Daehyun rolled his eyes."Not really." he coldly said. Zelo just nodded, he'll let him off this once. 

They lined up as soon as they entered the cafeteria. Zelo took his food and placed it on his tray, he looked at Daehyun who wasn't moving. He saw Daehyun looking around, looking for someone. 

Zelo chuckled, "You don't miss her huh?", he raised his brow at him. Daehyun glared at him. 

"Okay,okay." Zelo said smiling. 

After ordering their food they looked for a vacant table. Zelo looked around and saw his sister on one of the table at the center with Taeyan. He smiled, "Hyung, over there." he told Daehyun and headed towards her sister's table. As they got near, Zelo greeted them. 

"Welcome back Taeyan noona!!" He said in excitement as he placed his food and sat beside Heerin. Daehyun who doesn't have a choice, sat beside Taeyan. Zelo smirked, he looked at his sister who glared at him. 

"What?" he asked her. Heerin looked at him in disbelief. 

"What, 'what'?! You little.." She was about to smacked Zelo when she noticed Taeyan and Daehyun watching them. Heerin smiled sheepishly and ruffled Zelo's hair. "Aigoo, you NAUGHTY, NAUGHTY BOY." She said in gritted teeth, while emphasizing the words as she knuckle Zelo even more. Junhong glared at her as he fixed his hair before eating. Taeyan chuckled, making Daehyun glanced at her. Heerin told them to start eating before they get late. 

"Noona, how have you been? I missed you so much! You don't know how she bullies me, she kept on embarrassing me infront of my girl classmates!" Zelo said and complained. 

Taeyan raised a brow at Heerin. "What?! He's too young to have a girlfriend!" 

Zelo scoffed at her. "It's called 'socializing'." he said and double quoted the word socializing. Heerin's lips turned into a thin line as she widened her eyes at Zelo who stucked his tongue out. 

Taeyan rolled his eyes at the two. "Well, it was fun there. They also have korean students." she said.

"But did any of the boys there asked you out?" Zelo purposedly asked, making Daehyun's ears perk up.

"Hmm, there are some but I don't have time for those." Taeyan answered. Zelo nodded and continued to eat before glancing Daehyun who was busy with his food. He silently scoffed, he knew better. 

"What's you're next class?" Heerin asked Daehyun. 

"I have vocal class." He said and took a sip on his drink. Heerin then turned to Zelo, "You?" 


"Dance class~" 


"Vocal!" 

Heerin nodded. Taeyan then asked her the same question, "Oh me? I have dance lessons as well~" 

Taeyan looked at her confused. "Then why didn't you left with Minmin?" 

"I'm hungry, why?" Heerin said. Taeyan scoffed at her glutton friend and resumed eating.

They left the cafeteria after eating. "Noona, let's go together~" Zelo said to her sister. 

Heerin nodded, "Taeyan-ah, you can go with Daehyun together since you both have the same class. See you later!" she said then left with Zelo, leaving Taeyan and Daehyun standing on the hallway. Taeyan glanced at Daehyun who was still standing. She expects him to leave. Taeyan cleared to avoid the uneasiness. 

"You can go first, I have to get something from my locker." She said. Daehyun nodded in agreement before walking away. Taeyan sighed in relief before heading to her locker. 

She sighed, unlocking her locker and put her bag inside. She took her water bottle before closing it. She walked down the hallway looking for the room. She entered one of the practice room, students are seated and chatting with their seatmates. She haven't seen Daehyun yet. She decided to seat at the last row, she was taking a drink when a boy sat beside her. She closed her water bottle and cleared . The boy looked at her, he only noticed that their was someone seating beside him. 
"Oh, hello~ Sorry is this seat taken?" The boy with dark brownish hair with pointy noise asked.

Taeyan shook her head and smiled meekly telling him it's fine since she's alone. He nodded and thanked her. The boy took his hand hand infront of her. "I'm Woohyun, Nam Woohyun. A fourth year student." He said  and smiled at her cheekily. 

Taeyan was surprised at his sudden introduction, she was even more surprised when she is offering her a hand shake which she isn't fond of. She feels awkward with skinship. With no choice, she smiled awkwardly and shook his hand, "Kang Taeyan, third year student."

"Waah, so I'm you're sunbae! Cool!" Taeyan chuckled at his enthusiasm. 

Daehyun saw Taeyan at the last row, but with someone else. He narrowed his eyes to see clearer, he's eyes widened when he realized it was Woohyun. The vocal teacher came and it just happened that he sat on the vacant seat near Taeyan and Woohyun. The teacher stood infront. 

"Next week, will have a graded performance. I want you to prepare for you're solo. You better be ready by next week for I will call you randomly." The students agreed then the teacher  began demonstrating the notes and keys on the piano. 

"Woohyun-ssi, would you give as a sample." The teacher asked, for the students to clearly understood their lesson. Woohyun stood up infront, "Please show us something we'll learn from." Woohyun nodded and began to sing. 

I kept walking when I stopped and looked around – then I met eyes with you
I quickly turned my head and stared at my feet – then I slowly looked up
My eyes widen, my lips slowly part
My heart is ringing in my ears

60 seconds is enough for this story
You have entered my heart
I don’t doubt that you have taken me in this not-so-short time
That’s the kind of person you are, a story that’s enough for me
I don’t need a reason
You made my heart flutter and you made me find you – that first time

Taeyan was impressed, he has a beautiful voice. Which reminds her of his voice. Daehyun glanced at Taeyan, he wanted to seat beside her. He wanted to distract her. Woohyun bowed and got back to his seat. Some girls squealed as he passed by them, he turned and winked at them before sitting beside Taeyan. Daehyun rolled his eyes as he faced the front. 

While the teacher is discussing, Woohyun casually scooted closer to Taeyan to avoid getting caught. "Impressed?" He said. He chuckled when Taeyan looked at him with disbelief. 

"Well, you sure do have a pretty nice voice." She replied as she looked infront pretending to listen to the teacher. 

"Pretty nice voice? That's all you r-can say? Tsk, you should've seen how the girls reacted."

"I'm an exception." She said while Woohyun chuckled at her 'stubborness'

"I bet you can't impress the boys next week." Woohyun smirked. Taeyan scoffed at him. 

The teacher dismissed the class, Taeyan stood up, "We'll see.". 

Woohyun nodded, "What will be you're next class?" he asked. "Hmm, I think .. it's our P.E. class." 

Woohyun nodded, "Aah really? Goodluck on that. I'll be leaving first, nice to meet you Taeyan." He smiled at her and left the room smiling to himself.