Blue for I'm sorry and Gold for Thank you

Od. Esse.

 

Music has always been the language of our soul. That's why we run away from it, right? Because we were afraid of those who can actually understand our soul. We, musicians, are walking when we play our music. That's why its scary

-Do Kyungsoo


"What is it?" Kyungsoo's words cut throught the room sharp and irritated. Jongin stared at the petit man with his hands on his waist fuming cutely as he stepped inside the room. "What is it that you want, Kim Jongin?" It was 5: 57 which was 3 minutes earlier than what they agreed --rather Jongin forced -- for them to meet. Jongin smirked as he turned the blasting music down. 

"You're early, hyung" Kyungsoo practically cursed venom under his breath as the younger male made his way towards his direction and he didn't like it one bit. Not a bit. Jongin's sun kissed skin glistening with his sweat and that y smirk plastered across his face does not entice Kyungsoo. It does not. Okay, fine. It does. But Kyungsoo would rather burn alive than  confirm it. Jongin is an evilly y man and Kyungsoo knew it. The younger male is a danger treading on the human path, a walking temptation and Kyungsoo would not risk his sanity over the male. 

"Wan't to get out as soon as possible" Jongin's smirk faltered as the older male rolled his eyes and shifts his feet uncomfortably. Jongin has no idea why the older male hates his company so much. True that he teases his partner often, well maybe too often, but other than that he did nothing of any kind to have himself hated. In contrary he is trying to sweep the older off his feet. Do Kyungsoo is just too cute for him to pass on and way to squishy for him to ignore. 

"You're hated, Jongin" A loud mocking laugh echoed as Kris entered the room. He stood like a giant next to Kyungsoo who shivered at the sudden appearance of the chinese transfer student. Kyungsoo was never a social guy. He developed some kind of allergies against strangers and Jongin was aware of it. 

"Shut up" Jongin glared at the chuckling chinese giant that arrived. Kris Wu, as he would rather be called, is someone Park damn Chanyeol introduced to him after his dance rehearsal and is one of the childhood friend trio of Kim Minseok. He is the one who orchestrated the whole of the damn thing. And he is a ing scion of one of the largest company across Asia, Wu Group of Companies. The chinese heir despite his cold and intimidating aura was someone on the same wavelength as Kim Jongin thus them becoming something of like good friends. 

"Where are your minions?" Kris shrugged at the question and watched Kyungsoo moved towards the furthest corner of the room. Kris observed how the older korean student inside the room cautiously sat on the seat that is settled beside the wall. What the heck? Kris changed the direction of his attention to the dancer who sighed. Lay and Tao silently entered the room making Jongin sighed. "Speak of the devils" Tao and Lay exchanged confused look before scanning the room. Luhan and Chanyeol entered the room seconds after. 

 


Kyungsoo observed the growing group from the corners still unsure of the reason why he was kept inside the room. His wide eyes observing the growing group of male students who were chatting brightly. He only knew two of them, Kim Jongin and Lu Han. Luhan is someone he was acquianted thanks to the ever cheerful twin brother of his favorite and respected senior, Kim Minseok. For Kyungsoo, Kim Minseok is the reason he is alive till now. When he was betrayed by his manager and was sold to the company he used to work as a singer, he gave up and decided to end his life. It was Minseok's art that healed him. Blue Sunday made him hope and wish and he learned to paint. He used all the money he earned to buy the pricy art pieces of Kim Minseok. He lowered his pride and returned to his broken family just to enroll to the school where Minseok attended and promised to do good and never run away again. Minseok's art was his salvation. He drew a frown when he remembered the latest piece of art Minseok produce, The silent abyss. The painting has no color except for the chaotic black and gray that fought over the canvass. It was beautiful, yes it is, but it was also heartbreaking. Kyungsoo can feel the grief eating his heart as soon as his eyes stared at it. He can feel Minseok's grief. He let out a sigh as his gaze returned to the floor. How can he help the painter who pulled him out depression? How can he save the senior that told him to live?

"Kyungsoo-ssi?" The sudden voice that called his name with a heavy chinese accent made him snap out of his thoughts. As he raised his gaze, he met one of the most kindred face he ever saw. He recognized it as one of the chinese transfer students that are Minseok's childhood friends. "I am Yi xing. Are you alright?" Kyungsoo stared at the worried expression and realized that the usual discomfort he gets from strangers talking to him was not present. There was only that soft and kind aura that made him want to smile and be kind to the chinese. He nodded as an answer. He was alright and that was rare. Yi xing took the seat next to him. "Thank you for agreeing with us. We heard you sing before. Xiumin and Minseok was a fan. They collected your albums" Kyungsoo sighed. He knew of the twins fascination to his voice. Minseok simply smiled at him and commended him in his own ways while respecting his wish to detach himself from music which was in contrast to Xiumin's usual pestering. Kyungsoo smiled softly at the recollections of the short talks between him and the twins. 

"Yes, I often heard. I just don't get the reason why I need to sing" Yi xing glanced around the room while a small frown appeared on his kind features. The merry aura on his eyes changed into something somber. 

"Sorry about forcing you to sing, Kyungsoo-ssi. We know you want to get rid of your past but--" Kyungsoo can feel Yi xing guilt. He was sad that they need to resort to this kind of action to achieve their goals. Whatever it is, Kyungsoo just want to get it over with. He was thinking of ending it immediately as worse as he could before Yi xing continued "we just wanna save Minseok" Kyungsoo tried to ask something but closed his mouth. He closed his eyes as he contemplated and concentrated on his thoughts. Kyungsoo don't want to deal with music again, he wish not to sing again. But that was a lie. He knew that it was all a big lie and that he was fooling himself. The truth is, he want to sing so badly that it is hurting him. Minseok knew how it hurts that's why he didn't pry. He has no qualification too. Escaping again? Kyungsoo winced at the thoughts. Is it really because he was betrayed that he stopped singing? You know it's not. Maybe because of the horrendous experience. Guess again. I don't care. You should. Itll save both of you. Kyungsoo clenched his fist. He heard the door open again. He glanced at the wrist watch that informed him it was 6: 15. Minseok entered the room dreadfully with the singer he recognize as Jongdae, or much called as Chen in the music world. Do it for him. Kyungsoo gulped. For him, the man who is breaking down. 


Jongin, Yi xing, Tao and Kris sat on the sides of the room. They are useless in this one. Jongin and Yi xing danced and it would be useless for the event. Kris and Tao --well-- are fabulous themselves. They don't do corny things. In other words, they don't know how to move Minseok's heart. Luhan, Chen, the newly arrived Baekhyun, the hesitating Kyungsoo, and the forced to join Joonmyeon were on the other of the room talking about the performance. Chanyeol and Sehun was listening to the conversation attentively in case they need some help. Minseok sat quietly near the door blankly staring at the instruments in front of him. Especially to the violin that Xiumin used to play. For the last time, the door slid open revealing the men Minseok loathed to see of the moment. Youngwoon, Jeongsu, Heechul and the cold Kibum. Kibum and Minseok exchange looks. The son glaring heatedly while the father shrugging it off. The four adults made their way to the empty seats on the room. 

"I came so can I go?" Minseok's venomous tone made everyone in the room flinch even the hard to intimidate Kris. Kibum was the only one who kept his calm though. He was used to have him son treating his presence as something deadly. 

"No. You go only if I tell you go" Kibum deadpanned making his son groan and glare hard. He shrugged. It was something normal for them already. Among his sons Minseok was the one who was more stubborn and strong willed. Xiumin hated him too but the older twin refused to carry it as it is heavy and decided to go with the flow and act like everything was alright. Kibum knows how he hurted his sons but he can't rewind time and there is no use fussing over it already. 

 


"I'm sorry" Minseok winced at the word repeating in his mind. Luhan's apologies eating him. What was it? Yes, the sincerity was driving him insane. It was stripping him bare. He winced at the thought of hearing Luhan sing again. He would be damned. He stared at his assistant, Kyungsoo, shifting uncomfortably on his place. He smiled softly as he watched the younger male clench the microphone on his hand while he walked in the open space in front of him. Minseok remembered the time when he can vividly hear Kyungsoo's voice singing so passionately and telling him that the world was beautiful, he remember the goosebumps as the singer sang wonderfully during his concert. But it all became a memory, hasn't it? It was the same for him. His passion was gone. He was a walking corpse with no wishes and hopes. He was just -- there. Minseok's attention trailed towards the student council president who positioned himself in the stool facing the grand piano and to Chanyeol gently putting down the acoustic guitar on his lap. Sehun made his way beside him blocking the door for his possible escape. 

[a/n::please refer here for the performace: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKr9GU9emfg]

What was it again? That feeling when a song became your own story, your own words. Minseok's heart did it again. He opened up. He heard it. The voices that made impossible possible. Luhan's clear and sincere heart drowning in the seas of sorrow but fighting it all just because he don't want to relieve the precious memories the world gave to him, Xiumin's memories. His passionate song that broke down the tall hard wall Minseok took years to strengthen. It crumbled effortlessly. He can hear it. The treaded voices that wished and hopes for a brighter future. Voices that wraith under the cruelty of life but stood tall against it because there was tomorrow. It was something Minseok hated. How he came close to the fact that he was wrong in shutting the sounds away. That was a faux. Minseok heard it all along. The ripples of sound the world gave him, the melodies that fate weaves, it was enchanting but he ignored it. He was terrified. There was the neccessity to run and he did. Even with Xiumin's begging he ran away on his own. Minseok shook softly as Kyungsoo regained it. The music that he lost --sealed inside him. Minseok knew how hard it is to fight against your weaknesses but his assistant overcame it. Kyungsoo's voice was an encouragement, it was like how the shorter male would smile at him each and everytime he was anxious. It was that same comfortable silence but with much intensity. Kyungsoo was telling him to fight. Telling him that the world was not really that bad. Maybe it is but it wasn't that horrible for them to abandom. It was the same feeling that he got when he first heard D.O sing. Baekhyun and Jongdae were supporting him. Minseok hated it. He hated how perfect their song was. How four voices spun a beautiful chorus and harmony that it denied his defenses. Denied his escape. At least, the colors were still gone. So now I come to you with open arms nothing to hide believe what I say. Minseok cringed at the lyrics. 

"Hyung?" The silence was broken. Jongdae's voice ring softly on his ears. It was filled with worry. The sound of silence leaving him. It was horrible. Minseok find it repulsive. His comfort was gone. He is faced with the reality again. 

"Don't talk to me" Minseok screamed. Jongdae took a step back. He felt eyes in his back as he turned his attention the cold floor beneath him. He can hear it. The soft panting and the shuffles of soles against the wooden floor. Lay and Tao's whimpers. His uncle Youngwoon voice whispering something to his father. "Please don't. I need to shut it down" Now. It is urgent. He can't do it. He can't fight it. He need to retreat to the comfortable world of silence. Or else he'll have to be alone again. Alone without his brother. 

Give me a smile, Don’t be sad

It’s going to be alright. Don’t shed a tear
The song that I am singing now
I hope that it can bring you a bit of comfort
Give me a smile, Don’t get hurt
It’s going to be alright, although you are going through a hard time now
Time will pass
Everything will look up again
Give me a smile
I am right here by your side
I love you, can you hear my heart?
Close your eyes
No matter what, I believe you
I am always here for you
Give me a smile, look into my eyes
I love you, I have always been looking at your heart
It has never changed
You can lean on my shoulders
Take a rest,
Give me a smile.
I am here for you,
me who believes in you
always and forever.
 
Kyungsoo's song broke the tension. Minseok stared at the petit body singing his heart out. It was the last key to unwind everything. Xiumin's composition. "Why do you have to do this, Kyungie-ah" Minseok cried. It was unfair. How can he use Xiumin's song to open his heart. How can it be so effective. Xiumin and Kyungsoo are sneaky. "Please let me escape"
"I'm sorry, hyung." Kyungsoo cried making the adults look at him alert. "Xiumin-ssi said that if ever I'll change my mind and came to sing again. I should sing this to you and maybe, just maybe, he prayed it'll reach you" Minseok cried silently. Tears falling freely in his face, he forgot that his father was present. That the man he least wanted to see him weak was on the same room watching him break. He shook. Luhan's voice became vivid. "I'm sorry" it repeated. Each time it was said he felt his heart crumble. He can feel how cruel he was. "Silence was never there since the start, hyung. You just created it to shut the world. You made it so that you can run away. Xiumin-ssi thought that it was alright as long as you're satisfied but the day before he died he told me that it was hurting you. That he was the cause you were restricted. That it was his fault. Because he was weak. He was hurting, hyung so I took it. The last song he made. For you"
"You're wrong. It was never his fault. Never. Xiumin was the reason I still breathe"
"That's the problem, hyung. Xiumin was afraid that you would crumble without him. There is no such thing as eternal. Everything change with time. You'll be separated, that is fated. It's sad that it became this way but it was something unevitable. He would have to leave for his future, for his life. Isn't that why you hate Luhan? Because you realized that even if Xiumin hasn't died, he would still have to leave you to live his own life. For the future" Minseok sobbed softly and no one offered him a hug. It would be something that would became his escape. Kyungsoo's words cut him deep and opened his wounds. It was cruel because it was the truth. "Xiumin-ssi was afraid of you and himself. He was torn between the future and you. But he had to choose someday"
"Stop, Please. Stop. I understand already. Just stop" Minseok pleas made the silence grew louder that it was screaming in their ears. Even the adult was helpless. They sat still against the tension that was eating them, against the guilt of doing nothing when the twins were dying. Against their own stillness on the silent storm. 
"Xiumin loved you. Everytime something came up and he had to choose between me and you. It was always you." Luhan stated softly making Minseok shiver. Luhan's voice was comforting and soothing. It was magic and he tried to shut it down. Minseok knew it was late. It was already too late to shut it again. He had lost the escape to silence. He stared at the viola and the violin on its respective holder placed next to each other. Minseok originally played the violin and Xiumin with the viola. Xiumin was curious about how to play the violin so they exchange without anyone knowing. The teacher can't tell who is who so their plan work quite well. If there was one thing Minseok was guilty of then it was because on the day where they agreed to change their instruments again, Minseok shut the world and Xiumin was forced to continue to play the violin. "He wanted to hear it once more, your violin." Everyone inside the room except Kyungsoo, Luhan and Minseok were bewildered. They never knew Minseok can play the violin. "He was humming the on my motorcycle. Mozart's simfonia concertante. He told me that it was his dream to play together with you. Again"
Minseok don't know what washed over him as he silently stood up and took the violin as if he was hypnotized. Minseok stared at Yi xing who nodded immediately and made his way to the cello. "The same old song Xiumin loves." Scott Joplin's The Entertainer. A piano piece that they painstakingly searched for sheet music so they could play it in cello and violin. Xiumin loves listening to it. Minseok's violin was something that made them tremble. It was befitting of the name he receive "Angel's fingers". He played the melody and changed it on his whim. They watched how the merry music was produced even with the most somber expression from the violinist. Yi xing was struggling to keep up with Minseok's music. He plays cello only as a pasttime and because Xiumin encouraged him before but he was a dancer. Minseok felt his spirit fly as he placed all the words he want to say to his brother. Offering the piece to the brother he loved, adored, and respected. All the memories he have left that is not tainted by monochrome. Minseok gave it in that piece. He was sure that it would be the last time he would hold the violin. The last time that he will press his fingers against the violin's strings for his last piece of music was a mesage for his brother he knew would be listening to the heavens giggling with a proud look. Boasting to his fellow angels at how marvelous and beautiful Minseok's music sounds. A geniune smile crossed Minseok's feature as he was lost in the flashbacks of the life with his brothers. As soon as the music died down, Minseok's last tear fell. "Thank you, hyung." Minseok closed his eyes as he placed the violin down. He saw the familiar reflection of his with that merry and satisfied face Xiumin had as if telling him that it was breathtaking. Minseok sobbed softly. "I'm sorry" Sorry for being weak and hurting you. Sorry for all that I have done and not done. Sorry for being selfish. Sorry because I'll try to live in this world you love without you. Minseok opened his eyes and stared at the violin in his hand. He heard the wind delivered his brother's message "Live well, Seokie" Minseok smiled. A warm applause made Minseok snapped from his trance. Minseok was not surprised as he saw the vivid color of blue and gold mixed with the white and black. If there is one thing he want to do now. It is to regain the colors back.To finally free himself from the chains that was binding him and be truly happy. It is one way to tell his hyung that he was grateful that he was born and that he was loved. "Nice hair color, Tao" Minseok smiled at the blueness of Tao's hair. It was light blue. Tao replied with a surprised look before running to him while crying. 
"GEGE~~" The ten other boys laughed while the three adults softly and silently stood up to leave the room dragging Heechul who was stubborn and wanted to remain. Their action was cut off by Minseok who though ignored his father's presence smiled at the three others. "Uncles" The three stared at him expectantly while Kibum simply stared. "Thank you for being there" It was the first time they saw Minseok release such a bright smile. Heechul detached himself from Youngwoon's grip and ran towards Minseok tackling him into a hug. Kibum left the room silently followed by the other adults. 

"Kibum-ah" Youngwoon called his younger brother who silently walked towards the exit of the school. "Just wait. I'm sure Minseok will forgive you" Kibum halted on his tracks and spun around. Though the usual coldness in his expression was there. Jeongsu and Youngwoon could feel the light happiness emerging from the father of Minseok. Kibum was stubborn so they did not try to tease the male. Youngwoon smiled at his brother whom he knew well enough that he can say the man was satisfied with the unfolsding of the events. Kibum shook and struggled when Minseok was breaking down in that room. He was controlling himself not to hug his son and take away the pain. Kibum was an adult and he control his emotions well. He was not really cold even though he appears to be. Youngwoon thanked whatever force it is that drove the fate into a somewhat brighter future. 

"He appears to be okay, that is enough" Kibum turned towards the exit and resumed his brisk walk. Youngwoon and Jeongsu exhanged looks smiling. They both hoped that the next thing fate would gift them is the father and son's reconcilement. It may be a long time but they knew that it'll come. The events today made them believe. Time changes everything and Fate is merciful enough to have the wounds she opened be taken cared of. It's just that it takes patience. Waiting itself after all is a battle in its rights. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

a/n: Thanks for reading guys~ Please comment down suggestions or anything that pop out in your heads as you read the chapter. Thanks for the support and the love. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CCS9YLbhfQ you can refer to this link for Minseok's The entertainer. I love that piece. Except Xiuhan in more chapters to come. And oh! Kaisoo, ing, Baekyeol, Suchen, and Taoris. Should I add them in the tag even though they are side pairings?