The awakening of the music

Od. Esse.

 


"I was hired to care"

-Park Chanyeol


Park Chanyeol has been working for a year after being hired by his friend and senior, Kim Xiumin. Unlike his rich and famous friend, Chanyeol was born in a peniless household and has to earn money to pay the expenses on studying in Seoul away from their countryside home in Jeolla-do. His work mainly is to take care of the house and assist the twins which was not that hard at all. Xiumin was his friend and is a very responsible man himself and Minseok is an anti-social who only warms up to his brother. It took him three months to gain Minseok's trust and smile. Xiumin hired him to assist mainly the younger twin as the younger one seems to be as clumsy as a child can be. Chanyeol didn't have any reasons to complain, the pay was good and the work don't disturb his studies and he was really thankful for it. Xiumin's passing was a shock even for him, the older twin was a kindred spirit and was his spiritual advisor, a reliable friend in times of needs, his benefactor. Chanyeol was hurt like the others but he pulled on the strength in him to carry the usual happy aura enveloping his presence so that the younger twin can catch even a weak wave from it.

"Chanyeol-ah" Minseok soft silent voice called against the cold breeze as they found themselves walking on the night city streets of Korea. Kris, Tao or Lay should be accompanying the young master but the three as ordered by Minseok's father left for China to settle the problems with their fathers and Sehun is kept at the house being pestered by the rowdy uncles of Minseok. 

"Yes, young master?" Minseok pouted at the quick and respectul answer. Chanyeol noted that the twins does not want formalities and being called young master. Chanyeol agreed calling them without formalities when alone with each other. "I mean, what is it, Minseokkie?" Chanyeol always feel awkward about Minseok's eyes on his lips as he read the words coming out from it but he seems to have gotten over it as now he feels it was the norm. 

"Should we buy something? Like food or so?" Despite the cold and offensive stance he shows in front of Luhan, Chanyeol fairly knew that his young master is not a detestable young man, he was aware of how his employer's hate towards the older twin's lover. Luhan was a precious childhood friend of his. One who shares the same stories with him and another extension to his life. Luhan and him goes way back. With all the facts, Chanyeol can't get angry with the way Minseok acts in front of his bestfriend as he knew it was the only way to keep his master alive. Luhan figured it out. The short silent talks they shared at the hospital made him realized Minseok's weak emotional strength and his desperate situation. Chanyeol nodded as an answer.

"Shall we drop at an convenient store ahead?" Chanyeol and Minseok were on their way to visit the chinese singer on his lessons. Luhan was released a couple of weeks and was adapting quickly to the fact that he lost his sight. Jongin has been his aide through it all despite the busy schedules the young dancer is facing for his upcoming debut as a male lead dancer in an upcoming musical. The musical was a production Xiumin was working before he died. There were only a few finishing touches needed and Minseok finished it. True to the name Golden Twins, Minseok did a excellent job finishing the composition of the last music piece with the same Xiumin flavor all over it. Jongin, called Kai on the stage, refused at first but quickly changed his decision after being taunted by  Minseok 'You're arrogant refusing an offer from an enemy, if you're as good as you think you are then prove it and make me bow' Chanyeol can vividly remember how Minseok smiles proudly everytime he visits the rehearsal. "Cola and chips?" Chanyeol eyed the basket full of snacks at the hands of his clueless young master. 

"Xiu always smile when I buy this things" Chanyeol sighed. Minseok has little interaction with the outside world and little knowledge to how things works. He was the pampered and naive rich kid with a golden heart. 

"You'll kill Luhan-hyung's thoat and Jongin's stamina with those junk food. I'll go get something healthy, so stay here and wait" Minseok nodded as he meekly pouted while staring at the things he took. He eyed the cashier who smiled at him and said "Do I need to return this to where I got it?" The cashier laughed at his question. 

 


Minseok and Chanyeol arrived at the right time. It was Luhan's break and Jongin was waiting outside. Jongin flashed a glare at Minseok's arrival which was the norm for them. Chanyeol sighed at the childishness of the two of them. Jongin is very vocal to his new found hatred to the younger twin and often called Chanyeol as a traitor in which Chanyeol would brush off with a smile. It would take a lot of bloody killings before Jongin would admit to the fact that he respects and adores Minseok. Jongin after hearing Minseok's story has warmed up to the often-visiting-annoyance and would immediately greet his presence with a stare. Their long bicker made Jongin feel that he belongs to the world where he stand. The world of elites. 

"How's Luhan-hyung?" Chanyeol inquired making Jongin roll his eyes. 

"Fine"

"Good" Minseok walked towards the young dancer and placed the plastic bag containing healthy snacks and tea making Jongin raise a brow. 

"Take it, I don't want you ruining the production because your pathetically weak" Jongin took the bag and smirked. He is quite used to the words Minseok would use against him. In translation it would mean 'I know you're hungry so I brought some foods'. 

"You don't need to worry about the production they have me as lead dancer"

"Suit yourself" Luhan, though with much struggles and effort, got out of the lesson room and felt the presence of his visitors. The familiar musky aroma of Minseok's cologne made Luhan smile. 

"Good evening, Minseok-ssi" Minseok grimaced. He felt quite confused as to why the young singer would always greet him first thing when all he did is bring him hate. "Do you have Tao, Yifan, or Yi xing with you?"

"No, they are in China. Chanyeol's with me" Luhan brightened at the mention of Chanyeol's presence. He reached his hands in the air searching for the tall giant who quickly grabbed it and supported the blind man. 

"Hello, Luhan-hyung" 

"Hello, Yeollie" Luhan smiled gently as his cheerful old self slowly resurfacing. Minseok cleared his throat. Jongin kicked Minseok's legs for the interruption. Chanyeol chuckled at the sight.


The voice instructor in charge of Luhan gaped at the famous personality sitting comfortably inside the classroom. He was a fan of the  young artist after he had visited their school exhibit featuring the work that made the name Kim Minseok won numerous awards, Blue Sunday. The painting was a picture of a young male angel petting a sleeping white rabbit surrounded by tall pine trees. Despite the title, there was not a speck of blue in it. He later found out that except for white, the painting is made out of colors that can be made with mixing blue with other colors. 

"I don't know how you met such an awesome man but do your best, Luhan" Luhan nodded at the excited teacher. The sound of piano started the song.

This moment when I’m closing my eyes to pray
I will hug the heart in you slowly
Today is a one time chance My first footstep I take

Minseok cringed. He felt notes rushing in his head. The soft keys of the piano playing and the beautiful voice enchanting him. He heard the song. It was that sincere that it broke his barriers. It was that angelic that it broke his silent world. He can hear Luhan singing. He felt his hands tremble and he fought to stop it. 

I will promise I’m going to do good

As expected I, as predicted, happily
Us two’s own dream That first step

Why do you make my eyes shine like this
Why do you make my heart beat this crazily
Although I become breathless You are so precious to me Don’t forget

The lost charm of his fingers tapping his knees returned as if it was always been there. Minseok tried to shut it off. He closed his eyes to deny the music flowing in him. Cleansing and healing his battered self. It made Minseok cringed. He don't want the warm melod, he wants the despair that made him feel his brother's presence. He don't want to be like his father who move on fast and forget of his love ones. He wants to cling to the memories of the past for that is all he has. 

In the beginning your dream, your word, thicker than tears

Also sweeter than heaven’s nectar
Yes, you are my baby baby baby, baby baby baby

I promise I won’t stop
when I only see you

Luhan's voice was beautiful. It was perfect. Minseok smiled bitterly as he thought how his brother's words are never an exaggeration. How he remember the proud look as he talk about the man who make his heart crazy. Minseok felt the stabbing guilt of the thought that he was betraying his brother. That he was living in the world happily while his brother died miserably. Chanyeol noticed the sudden change in his master's disposition. It seems like he was fighting a battle inside his head. 

"Stop!" Minseok screamed. The pianist stopped as ordered so did Luhan. Chanyeol knew that his young master heard the song and Luhan's voice. Knowing how Minseok's brain works, he knew that the younger twin don't like it. He was compelled to hate it. "I'm sorry" Minseok apologized before leaving the room. Chanyeol did not follow for he know that the sullen expression on Minseok's face means that he wants to be alone and that means him locking himself up in his workshop. Chanyeol smiled at Jongin who was shocked to see Minseok that way and to the guilty Luhan. 

"Luhan-hyung, I know this is selfish of me but can I ask you a favor?" Chanyeol bit his lower lips. He felt that he must take an action. its as if he found a small hope in saving his dear master. Just a little hope would do. He prayed that he was right. He fished his phone and dialed the number of the man who may help him with his plan, Kim Jongdae.

 


Kris, Yi xing, and Tao sat patiently at the audience seats of the theater where Xiumin's Le Marionette would be performed. The musical is about the mute dancer who wishes to woo the woman he love despite the difference in their social status. The dancer is a free-spirited man loved by all and the noble woman is a young meek daughter of a duke ruling their district. Both of them share mutual affections towards each other, the male gave up everything he has for love and the girl behind his father's back loved the dancer but once their secret was out the girl afraid of his father's fury left the dancer alone with nothing at all. The dancer in his despair danced his last wish pleading the gods to take his heart away as it keeps beating love for the noble girl. The gods pitied the dancer and made him into a dancing puppet loved by many people, he became revered by many. The duke heard of the dancer's glorified state and allowed his daughter to marry the dancer but the dancer has his heart taken away for he was a dancing marionette. The girl who can't believe that the dancer has refused her love became insane and the dancer who saw the girl in her pitiful state danced for the girl. The three chinese perfectionist awed at the skills of the lead dancer. Kai was his name as he was infromed. Yi xing , or known as Lay in the dancing world, was particularly interested. But, it is not what they are here for. After an hour of waiting, Kim Jongdae arrived with a man having a very thick eyeline. 

"You're late" Kris snapped making Jongdae chuckle nervously. They all know how Kris wrath could mean doom. 

"Sorry, I was checking something in the vocal department. Anyways, let me introduce to you to Byun Baekhyun. He is my junior" The three chinese and the new face exchanged their greetings. Chanyeol then arrived panting. 

"Hello, young masters" Kris sighed. 

"How come you both don't understand punctuality? Nevermind that, what's the gig?" Chanyeol handed his phone to Kris silently earning a well deserved raised brow. "What's this for?"

"Luhan-hyung's professor was a fan of the young master so he was filming him last night when we visited" Kris, Tao, and Yi xing watched the video and find themselves shocked at Minseok's actions. The familiar habit of Minseok as he enjoys music appearing. Yi xing cried, Tao was speechless and Kris furrowed his brow. 

"I think I know where this will go" Kris smirked. 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

a/n: Happy reading guys. ~ gotta do that other fic as well. Btw, since I'm new here just wanna ask what's my karma points for?
and can anyone give me ideas for this fic's banner? I love you all. ~