Chapter Seven

Starry Starry Night

Kris's POV

All these feelings were rushing in again. Those feelings of being a pathetic, worthless and stupid person. What I felt a night ago was in me again. That feeling of ending  my life. Kinda explains why I'm on top of the building, looking at the beautiful scenery of the city in front of me. And if I push through with what I'm gonna do, this would probably be the last thing I'm gonna see.

I know I said that I wouldn't end my life because I knew Joonmyeon would be there to guide me, but no! I've been feeling really guilty and my conscience was telling me to end it all. I've been feeling like . If only I didn't go out of the restaurant. If only I didn't run to the middle of the street. If only there was no truck. If only Joonmyeon didn't push me away and save me. If only he didn't have leukemia. I could just say two words: If Only.

If I could just see him one more time, I'd kneel down in front of him and apologize to him so many times. Technically, I am his murderer. I was the reason why he saved me and got hit instead. If I didn't do that, he'd be alive by now. And if he were alive, I wouldn't be feeling this guilty right now.

So, back to reality, I was looking at Seoul. Seoul has been my second home. Ever since I was a trainee, I've been in Seoul. It was a bummer dying with your second home as your last sight.

I stood up, and stood at the edge of the building, I put a foot forward, and prepared to drop myself. I closed my eyes, as I was so close to jumping off, but, someone stopped me from doing such.

" Hyung! What are you doing? Get out of there!"

I widened my eyes, because of two things. First, there was someone with me. And second, that person with me was no ordinary person. As you all know, it was Joonmyeon.

But still, I didn't stop me from doing my thing.

I put my foot forward, but, then again, he saved me. He saved me from death again. He grabbed my legs and pulled me off the edge of the building.

" Joonmyeon, stop. You can't stop me from doing this! You can't save me anymore!" I yelled, trying to shrug off Joonmyeon.

" Hyung, what did we talk about? Didn't I say that the boys got your back?" Joonmyeon asked me.

Just by looking at Joonmyeon's face, I remembered what happened last night. I remembered the accident, I remembered how he struggled on the hospital bed, and how he tried to live. But, it was none to avail.

" Joonmyeon, please, you can't stop me from doing this. You don't know how guilty I'm feeling! Please! Just let me do this!" I yelled, this time, letting the tears I have stored fall again.

" No, hyung! I can't let you do this! They need you, hyung. Think about the boys. Think about Sehun, Jongin and Zitao- think about how they'll handle this. Kyungsoo and Yixing, they've been so depressed that they can't even eat. Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Jongdae aren't even talking anymore. Minseok and Luhan, are trying their best to help you. Hyung, you just can't simply leave! They need you!" Joonmyeon yelled, probably the first time I heard him do such.

" You're telling me not to leave! What about you? You left us, Joon. You left me!" I said, sounding kinda mad and sad at the same time.

" Hyung, I had no other choice. It was my time to go, then I had to go!" Joonmyeon shot back.

This time, it seemed like we were arguing, instead of talking to each other. You know, I've never argued with Joonmyeon, never once in my life.

" If you just let it be, if you didn't save me, none of this could have happened!" I yelled.

" Hyung, even if you were the one who got hit by the truck yesterday, it would be the same thing, because two months from now, I'd be dead meat anyway." he replied.

I was silenced, because he was right. If he didn't die yesterday, which would mean I did, what would be left of EXO? He'd die two months from now anyway.

" And hyung, why are you doing this? You shouldn't be feeling pathetic, or stupid or , for some matter. Hyung, you're Kris. Wu Fan or whatever people call you. But hyung, no matter what happens, you will always be EXO's leader. The strong,fierce leader who does anything for s. Hyung, EXO needs a leader. Not a guardian. I'm just a protector, but, you? You're our rock. You're Peter Pan." he added.

Instantly, my eyes started to glisten with tears. The tears started streaming down my face, and my hands started shaking.

Joonmyeon spotted this, so, he approached me to hug me, but, before he did, I dropped down on my knees, and hugged his legs.

" Hyung? Are you okay?" Joonmyeon asked me.

" Joonmyeon-ah." I cried.

" Hyung, what is it? Feeling all  those stuff again?" he asked me as he started my hair.

" Joonmyeon, I'm so sorry. I'm ing sorry for everything." I cried all the more.

" Hyung, you've done nothing wrong." Joonmyeon replied.

" No! Joonmyeon, I've done something terribly wrong. It was because of me that you got hit. You were in a coma because of me. You died because of me! Joonmyeon, I'm so ing guilty because of this! I killed the person who did all to protect me! I'm not returning the favor, Joon.  I shouldn't be here! I belong in hell!" I said, while sobbing.

" How can you say that about yourself! Hyung, if you always think that you're that low, you should do something to bring yourself up. Don't put your self-esteem down!" Joonmyeon said.

" Joon, please. Just stop saying stuff that will bring me up because whatever you do, it wouldn't make a difference." I said, as I let go of his legs and wiped my tears.

He sat down in front of me, and he looked straight into my eyes, saying:

" Hyung, if it's not me. Then, the other boys will. Hyung, life is not about you. Life is about the people around you. If you think you're as stupid as , no, you're not. If you ask the other boys, or the fans what you are, they're gonna say that you're the best leader anyone could have. Hyung, you gotta believe in yourself. I believe in you. You've got this."

I sighed and I said:

" Joonmyeon, please help me. I can't do this alone. I need you."

" I've got your back, hyung. No worries." he replied as he wiped my tears away, and hugged me tight.

I hugged him back, after realizing that he was solid. Joonmyeon was not the Joonmyeon I used to know. Now, he was Joonmyeon, my guardian angel.

" I miss this, Joon." I said.

" Miss what? The hugging? Hell no, dude. We never hugged each other, except for fan services." Joonmyeon replied, with that tone of disgust.

" No, no. Not the hugging, I mean you. I really miss mocking you." I said.

" Yah! That's mean!" he said as he hit me on the shoulder.

" Or whenever Baby Baby plays on the radio, and the way you squeal. To be honest, you were one annoying prick, but, it made you happy. It made me happy too." I said as I smiled at him.

He showed me his trademark angelic smile and asked me:

" So, you miss the memories we share, huh?"

" A lot. And, most importantly, I'm gonna miss you. I'm gonna miss my guardian angel so much." I said as I patted his back.

" Can't say that I don't miss you." he said as he my hair.

It was silent for a moment. " I know that it's really weird for me to say this, but, Saranghae, Kim Joonmyeon." I blurted out.

He chuckled. " Nado saranghae, Wu Fan." he replied as he  continued hugging me.

We were hugging each other for about two minutes before I heard someone yell:

" Duizhang! Stop!"

Both Joonmyeon and I widened our eyes once we heard this person yell.

" Who is that?" Joonmyeon asked.

" Probably Jongdae, or Jongin. Could be either one of them." I replied.

He sighed. " Well, I guess this is goodbye, then."

" No! It's not. They have to see you." I said.

" Um, Kris. It'll be useless."

" Why?"

" They can't see me. Only you can see me."

" Why can't they see you? And why only me?"


This time, The sounds the boys were making were getting louder and louder.

Joonmyeon smiled at me for a moment as he caressed my cheek.

" You're special hyung, that's why. You should know that."

I started crying again. He hugged me one more time and he whispered:

" Bye hyung. Take care of them for me."

I didn't answer him, probably because I was too busy crying. I cried for about thirty more seconds, that I didn't even notice him leave. Afterwards, the boys arrived at the rooftop.

" Hyung, don't even plan on doing something stupid!" Jongdae yelled as he tackled me and pinned me down on the floor.

" Jong, I think he isn't doing anything stupid. " Baekhyun said.

I wiped my tears off and asked them:

" Why are you guys awake?"

" Well, it's because we all dreamt of Joonmyeon-hyung." Zitao replied.

" Yeah, each and everyone of us had a dream about him." Yixing added.

" What about you, hyung? Did you have a dream about him?" Chanyeol asked me.

Immediately, tears fell from my eyes.

" I saw him. I s-saw him." I stuttered and repeatedly said as I cried.

" You what? You saw him?" Luhan asked me.

I nodded my head in reply.

" Hyung. Where did you see him? Tell me where you saw him?" Kyungsoo asked as he shook me and started crying.

" He was here. I swear to God I saw him here. I talked to him, kind of argued with him, but, I saw him. And I'm sure of that!" I replied as I looked at my dongsaengs, whose eyes were already glistening with tears.

" Where is he? I wanna see him! Kris-hyung, where's Joonmyeon-hyung?" Jongin asked me, as he wiped his own tears away.

" Jong, he's gone. He left." I replied as I got up from the floor and wiped his tears.

" Why didn't he just wait for us? He knew that we wanted to see him! I know he knows that we miss him like hell! I know he knows that we want to be with him! Why can't he just appear to us one more time?" Sehun asked, as his tears uncontrollably fell from his eyes.

" And, why would he appear to us in dreams, and personally to you? We want to see him face to face too, ge. " Zitao added.

I sighed as I wiped my tears off.


" Look boys, I know that you all want to see Joonmyeon, but, the thing is, he also told me that he'll never be coming back. We'll never see him ever again." I said, with my voice trembling.

All the boys started to break down and cry as well. Minseok-hyung came up to me and gave me a hug.

" Kris, don't say that he'll never be coming back. He promised us, he'll always be with us, and he promise us that he'll always stay by our side."

" Yeah, and he also said that even though we couldn't see him, he would always watch over us. He could see us, from up there." Luhan added as he pointed up at the sky.

" Like Sirius. He's the brightest star up in the sky." Baekhyun added as he looked up.

" Joonmyeon came to us for a reason. I know that he wouldn't want to leave without saying goodbye, or without saying his messages or wishes." Yixing said as he placed an arm around me.

" Joonmyeon-hyung wanted to let us know that we are never alone. He doesn't want us to think that he's abandoning us. And I know that because that's Kim Joonmyeon, our guardian angel." Jongdae added as he leaned on my shoulder.

" He wants us to move on. He's telling us that. I know we've been saying that we couldn't live without him, but, at some point we must. We should move on and learn to live without him." Chanyeol said, as he wiped his tears away.

" But, I can't. I can't live without him." Sehun cried.

" Sehun-ah. We must. If Joonmyeon-hyung wants us to, then we must. We should at least do it as a favor for him." Kyungsoo added.

The maknae nodded his head, and everyone comforted him. Seeing everyone cry made me want to break down and cry as well, but, Joonmyeon said so. He wants me to be strong, and I need to do this. I need to be strong for EXO, for myself, and for Joonmyeon.

" All he's asking us to do is to be strong. And I think we could all do that. We can right?" I asked my dongsaengs, trying to inspire them.

It was silent for a moment. " If it's for Joonmyeon-hyung, then, I can. If he wants me to move on, then so be it. I can do it for him." Jongin said, trying to make a stand.

" I can do it too. For him." Zitao added, as he let his tears fall from his eyes.

Everyone agreed as well. I know that it was one hell of a decision to make, but, it was for the benefit for everyone. If we don't move on, we will just fall apart. We may not want to do it, but, we instilled in our hearts and minds that Joonmyeon made us do it. We needed to do it for him.

I looked at my dongsaengs, who were already crying like mad. " I know this is hard. But, please do it for him. We need to be strong for him, arasso?" I asked them.

" Arasso." they faintly replied.

" I can't hear you, Arasso?" I asked.

" Arasso." the ten of them replied, with their heads down.

" Come here guys." I said as I pulled the ten of them into a hug. He all had our arms around each other, we comforted each other and never let each other go. Because, as Joonmyeon said, we only had each other.

Yes, Joonmyeon is our guardian, but, a group should not solely depend on their guardian, but on each other. Just as we say before performances, "We Are One.", we work as one, we are all there for each other and most importantly, we will stay together, until the end of days.

We spent about fifteen minutes with each other on the rooftop before Minseok asked:

" So, you wanna go back downstairs?"

" Yeah, we need to sleep." Luhan replied.

" We need to eat as well. I'm really hungry." Yixing said.

" I'll cook!" Kyungsoo volunteered.

" Hey, Chefsoo's back." Jongin said as he placed an arm around Kyungsoo.

This made everyone chuckle. " So, Kyungsoo-Hyung's cooking? Great, cause I'm hungry." Sehun said as he held on to his tummy.

" Yeah, me too. My stomach's been making that dying whale sound ever since yesterday." Zitao added.

" Kyungsoo, you better cook us something good. Something like rice." Chanyeol demanded.

" Okay, okay. Let's just go downstairs, and let Kyungsoo do his job downstairs." Baekhyun said as he dragged Kyungsoo downstairs, which made the boys follow them.

They all followed Kyungsoo downstairs, I on the other hand, stayed behind for a while.

" Kris-hyung, come on." Jongdae called me.

" Later Dae, I'll hang out in here for a while." I replied to my dongsaeng.

He nodded his head as he left me at the rooftop. I looked at the sky, which was filled with bright stars. I looked at the moon, which was bigger and brighter than usual. I looked at Sirius, the brightest star on the sky, just like Joonmyeon, our light and inspiration.

I sighed as I stared at the star for a moment, and I said:

" Thank you Joonmyeon. Take care of us, please."

Afterwards, I went down, following the other boys.

After Kyungsoo cooked fir us, we ate and we didn't sleep afterwards. We just talked and talked, remembered everything about Joonmyeon. It's been a day, we moved on, I can say that.

I will never forget him. I will never forget my best friend and my angel. I will never forget his black hair, pale white skin and sparkling eyes. I will never forget his nagging, and his squealing every time Baby Baby plays on the radio. I will never forget the way we mock him. And most importantly, we will never forget this night- the night when he told us that everything will be alright, the night when he appeared to us and talked to us, one last time. I would never forget this STARRY STARRY NIGHT.

 

A.N.// *le sighs* Thank you for reading the sequel. It has finished. This is the end. Sorry for the typos and tears that I've caused you guys. //