Chapter Two

Starry Starry Night

Minseok's POV

After we arrived from the memorial service, everyone went to sleep. Well, not really everyone because Luhan just snapped and went somewhere else, and I, I just couldn't sleep.

It was two in the morning, and I found myself watching TV, eating chips and drinking soju. Yes, it's the total opposite of what I'm supposed to be doing. I'm supposed to be exercising, eating healthy food and losing weight. But, now, I'm going back to my "fat- diet". I'm just like the Kung Fu Panda- not Zitao- but the real Kung Fu Panda, the one who eats whenever he's upset.

For some reason, I was watching . I didn't know why exactly I was watching that, or how I ended up grabbing that CD, but, one thing's for certain, I was watching .

I was munching on my chips as I drank probably my third Soju bottle. I didn't really give a on drinking late at night, because I have a high alcohol tolerance. So, I was drinking, eating, thankfully, I didn't think of smoking or drugs, to let my stress and depression out.

The thing I was watching didn't seem to put any effect on me. I didn't really mind it. I didn't mind anything around me, actually. I didn't even know if anyone else was watching with me, or if someone was spying on me. Thankfully, no one was there.

I spent about ten minutes not minding the show in front of me, until someone said:

" Oh My God! You're watching !"

I widened my eyes, not because someone was with me, but because of that someone with me. You might not get me, but you'll get it eventually.

I turned my head slowly to check if I was just hallucinating, or if it was really real. And, apparently, that someone's voice really matched the person.

I widened my eyes and dropped my jaw as I saw a black-haired, pale-skinned boy, wearing a plain white tee, jeans and some sneakers.

Obviously, you know who I'm talking about.

At first, he was just staring at me, and I was doing the same thing. It was fine at first, but he said:

" I can't believe it."

As a normal person would do, I screamed. I screamed like a girl. I screamed in a really high pitch, higher than Jongdae's Opera pitch.

He immediately ran to me and place his hand over my mouth, making me shut up. He seemed pretty normal. He wasn't cold or anything, he was normal.

" Shut up, you'll wake the others up." he added.

I wanted to scream again, but he said:

" Don't scream! Please! Just don't scream! Don't scream! Don't scream! "

I was freaking out like some five year-old kid lost in the mall. Of course, who wouldn't freak out if you saw a ghost?

" J-Joon?" I stuttered, as I started shaking.

" Hi hyung." He replied with his trademark angelic smile.

Now, I wasn't just freaking out. I was hyperventilating. Joonmyeon was talking to me. A freaking ghost
was talking to me! I'm not even sure if I should believe what I was seeing or not because he seemed so normal. He had his normal pale skin, he had black hair, he wasn't cold. There was no blood on his clothes or on his face, he was normal.

" Yah, hyung, why are you watching that?" Joonmyeon asked me as he sat down beside me and got a few chips.

Okay, this was getting weird. Now, I'm having a conversation with a ghost. Now, Kris and the others might wake up and think that I'm crazy because I was talking to no one. But, I swear to all the gods and angels, I was talking to Kim Joonmyeon a.k.a. Suho, a.k.a. Joonma, a.k.a haraboeji.

" Yah! Hyung! Answer me! Why are you watching at two a.m.? " Joonmyeon asked me as he drank a shot of Soju.

" Uh, I don't know." I replied, trying to converse with my dead dongsaeng.

He nodded his head, and he asked:

" Where did you find that by the way?"

" Under Jongin's bed." I replied.

" Well, as usual, the maniac." he said, with a chuckle.

" Yah! You're more dirty minded than him you know." I retorted as I hit his shoulder. Like really, I hit his shoulder. It was solid and I didn't just hit thin air.

Once realizing that he was actually a solid human being, I wasted no time huggingi him, and letting my tears fall on his shoulder, staining the sleeves.

" Joonmyeon, why? Why did you leave me?" I cried as I hugged him tightly.

" Hyung, didn't I promise that I wouldn't leave you?" Joonmyeon asked me.

" Well, you kind of did. You left us. Look, we know that you will be with us by heart, but, still, you're not with us physically!" I replied, as I hugged him tighter.

" Hyung, doesn't spiritual presence count?" Joonmyeon asked me.

" Well, sort of. But, Joon! You're gone! I'm just talking to your ghost and sometime later you're just gonna go and not appear to me ever again." I replied, letting the tears stream down my face and drenching it.

" Hyung, don't worry. I'll be with you. Didn't I tell you, I'll be there? Just call my name, and I'll be there." Joonmyeon asked me, not shedding a single tear.

At first, I was confused why Joonmyeon never cried, because our conversation was so sad, and his expression was just plain. I knew that Joonmyeon was a man to cry, but, it was when I realized that ghosts don't have emotions.

" Well, yeah. But, it will always feel different without you." I replied.

" I know, hyung. But, don't worry, I'll be there." Joonmyeon assured, as he wrapped his arms around me.

" Joonmyeon, I can't do this. You were always there for me. Now, what's gonna happen?" I asked him.

" I'll be there, hyung. Kris will be there. The boys will be there. There's no need to worry." he replied as he wiped the tears off my face and gave my forehead a small peck. I nodded my head in reply, and he asked :

" So, let's continue watching this thing, shall we?"

I nodded my head, I was quite confused though because Joonmyeon never watched . Although I said that he was more dirty-minded that Jongin, he never watched it. So, we watched the while eating the chips, and drinking the Soju shots.

For some reason Joonmyeon and I were laughing while watching it. For that moment, everything was perfect. I spent some time with the angel. I talked to him and he assured me that everything will be alright. With his words, I know that I'll be safe, and that he'll always be there to guide me.

So, back to the watching. We were about to watch the third video when something cold spilled on my pants. I looked down and saw that the Soju was spilling on it.

" Getting wet down there, huh?" Joonmyeon teased.

" Yah! It's just the Soju!" I replied as I started hitting him.

" Ooh, he's getting ." Joonmyeon teased all the more.

" Yah!!" I yelled as I hit him all the more.

We ended up hitting each other while giggling, until--cut off.

I opened eyes and saw myself holding a bag of Lays, my seventh Soju bottle and a black screen. Apparently, I slept throughout the movie. I looked around and Joonmyeon was no where to be found. My pants weren't wet and they did not smell like Soju either.

I placed my food down and buried my entire face on my palms. And then, I started crying like a five year old kid.

, dreams. Just , I hate dreams about dead people.

" Oh Gosh, Kim Joonmyeon." I said as I started crying like mad. I cried for about ten minutes before I heard the door creak.

" Joonmyeon--" I said as I turned around, only to find someone else standing by the door.

I saw a boy wearing a pair of shorts, a Manchester United shirt and some soccer shoes. He was holding a ball, and his face? It was dirty, his eyes were puffy and bloodshot red.

" Hyung." He said, so close to crying.

" Luhan, are you okay?" I asked as I jumped up, wiped my own tears and approached him.

 


Luhan's POV


It was twelve midnight when we arrived at the dorm. Everyone went to their rooms and slept, and what did I do? I got a pair of shorts, a Manchester United shirt, soccer shoes and a soccer ball. And immediately, I set off for the soccer field.

I know, I'm playing soccer at twelve a.m., well technically, at one a.m., because the soccer field was quite far. To be honest, I didn't know what happened to me and I just started playing soccer in the middle of the night.

Once I arrived at the soccer field, I set my bag aside and I placed the ball in the middle of the field. I started dribbling the ball and shooting it. Everything was quite successful because I had no one to block the ball. So, I decided to do some stunts with it.

Asking why I was doing this? I have three answers. First, I was bored. Second, I was depressed. And lastly, I wanted some time alone. I know that my three reasons are contradicting each other, but, please, just understand me.

I looked at my watch and saw that it was already one-thirty in the morning. I did not feel sleepy at all, and all I wanted to do was just play soccer. I was about to do another set of ball dribbling when someone stole the ball from me.

" Hey! Give it back--" I yelled as I stopped myself from continuing.

I saw a pale-skinned boy, with black hair wearing a soccer outfit, as he dribbled the ball with his feet.

" Kim Joon--?" I asked, but got cut off by him.

" Come on, Luhan-hyung. Aren't you gonna steal the ball from me?" Joonmyeon challenged.

At first, I found it creepy because my dead younger brother was playing soccer with me, talking to me and people might I'm weird because I was talking to myself. But, quality time with the angel didn't stop me from anything.

" Try me!" I yelled as I ran towards him and attempted to steal the ball from him.

As a ghost, I was surprised that he still had those precise movements he had as a human being. He dribbled the ball well, and he had a  great defensive plan, because no matter what I did, I couldn't steal the ball from him.

" Yah! Give it to me." I said as I tried to steal it from him.

" Get it from me first." Joonmyeon challenged me.

" Seriously, Joonmyeon, it doesn't mean that you're an angel, you're already better than me in playing soccer." I said, as I crossed my arms.

" You just can't say that, hyung. You gotta prove that you're better than me by stealing the ball." Joonmyeon retorted as put his foot on the ball.

I chuckled, and I ran after him.

" Give it to me!" I said as I ran to him.

He ran away, bringing the ball. Apparently, as an angel, he was still naughty, and he seemed like a five year old kid.

" Come and get it, hyung." he teased.

" Seriously, Joonmyeon." I said as I tackled him, and pinned him on the ground.

We were both laughing so hard as we started rolling on the grass. I stared into Joonmyeon's sparkling eyes and he stared into mine.

" I miss you." I blurted out.

He smiled and replied:

" I miss you too, hyung. I miss you so much. I know I've only been gone for a day, but, it seemed like years."

This time, I started crying.

" Hyung, what's wrong?" he asked me as he wiped my tears.

" Nothing, Joon. It's nothing. I'm just really happy to see you again." I replied, still letting the tears stream down my face.

He pulled me into a hug and said:

" I'm also happy to see you, hyung."

" Joonmyeon, why did you have to go? You don't know what's happening to us in here. We're all wrecked, just as you know." I said as I sat up.

" Hyung, don't worry. If you guys are wrecked, I'll be there." he replied as he patted my back.

" Yeah, right. Like you're just gonna appear out of no where and try to fix the problems we have." I sarcastically replied.

He sighed, looked up at the night sky and asked:

" Do you see that star over there?"

He pointed at a small star in the night star. I looked at it and asked:

" Yeah, I see that. What about it, Joon?"

" Well, you might not believe me, but, that's me. I'm that star. Hyung, I'm already in the sky, all you need to do is call me, and I'll be there for you." he replied.

" So, are you expecting me to wish upon a star?" I asked.

" Well, it makes no difference who you are." he replied.

" Seriously, Joon. I have no time for Pinocchio songs." I said as I laid back down on the grass.

" Hyung, I'm not kidding. All I'm saying is that you should always ask for my help when you need it. Just look up at the sky. You may not see me, but, eventually, I'll be there to look after you." he replied as he patted my head.

I nodded my head as I closed my eyes. When I opened them, I was already on the bleachers, lying down. I looked around and saw no one. Joonmyeon wasn't with me. It was a dream. It was all a dream.

" Seriously, Kim Joonmyeon, not this time." I said as I buried my face on my palms and started crying.

I looked up and I saw that shining star Joonmyeon told me in my dream. And now, I believe him. That star is Joonmyeon, we might not see him that well, but, he can see us from afar. He'll be there to guide everyone, and shine his light on our path.

Afterwards, I went back to the dorm. For some reason, I ran my way back to the dormitory, and once I arrived there, I found Minseok-hyung crying as well.

" Hyung?" I called him.

" Luhan, are you okay?" he asked me as he wiped his own tears and approached me.

This time, I couldn't help it. I cried so hard as I hugged him. He hugged me back while sniffing, it was clear that he was crying too.

" Shh. It's okay. Lu, everything will be fine." he told me as he started patting my back, his voice faltering as well.

A.N. //Guys, sorry for the late update. We just had our Intramurals, and I played Softball. So, every day for the past week, I've been batting, running, throwing and catching softballs, and I couldn't even touch the computer. Mianhae. But, my batch was proclaimed the overall champion, so, I'm happy for that. :D  Anyway, Here it is!//