Chapter Six

Starry Starry Night


Baekhyun's POV

Everyone slept after we arrived from Joonmyeon-hyung's wake. I, on the other hand, just stared at the ceiling, unable to sleep.

It was pretty ironic though, the things happening to me. I didn't eat for twenty-four hours-I wasn't hungry. I didn't sleep for twenty-four hours- I wasn't sleepy. And now, that one of the people I adore the most is gone, I feel like .

I remembered the times when I couldn't sleep, and I'd find Joonmyeon-hyung by a window, looking at the night sky. I remember that he'd describe the moon, how big and bright it was, as well as the stars, he'd say that the sky was beautiful because of the stars, and I remember he told me that one day, he was gonna be a star up in the sky.

So, just by remembering what he said, I got up from my bed, and sat by the window, looking at the sky. I spotted some constellations, the Big Dipper, the Small Dipper, Polaris and not to forget, my favorite constellation,Cassiopeia. You guys might wonder why Cassiopeia's my favorite constellation, it's because of Dong Bang Shin Ki.

I looked at the moon, I noticed how unusually big and bright it was tonight. It shone bright like a diamond. And, just beside the moon, was the brightest star, Sirius. For some reason, Sirius reminds me of Joonmyeon-hyung, he was the leader of the group, which also meant that he was our light, our inspiration, he was our guardian, and most importantly, he was our angel.

I sighed loudly as I let a few tears drop from my eyes, afterwards, I said:

" Joonmyeon-hyung, you were right. You are indeed the brightest star in the night sky. Please be there for us, guide us at all times, please don't leave us alone. Shine for us."

I closed my eyes as I remembered everything that happened yesterday. I clearly remember that we were just recording for Wolf, and afterwards, we ate, then Joonmyeon-hyung died. It just all happened so fast, that sometimes, I couldn't even believe that I saw Joonmyeon-hyung in the coffin a while ago. I just couldn't believe that it was him, I didn't believe it when he was hit by a truck, I didn't believe it when the doctor told us that he had leukemia, I just didn't believe in anything, and it all changed when I saw him on the hospital bed, fighting for his life and giving up just hours after that.

So, back to reality, I was staring at the beautiful night sky, when suddenly, I saw a shooting star.
I widened my eyes as I saw the shooting star, and immediately, I made a wish. Yes, I still wish upon a star.

" I wish I could see Joonmyeon-hyung. Just once. I want to see him, just one more time."

I looked at the window once more, and I was shocked to find out that there were more shooting stars in the sky.

" Woah, that is a lot of wishes." I said to myself.

" A meteor shower! A meteor shower! I shouldn't miss this!" someone yelled as he leaned on the window, just beside me.

I, on the other hand, just stared at the person beside me. I stared at him like he was the ghost of Christmas past.

" Woah, this is so cool. I've never seen a meteor shower before." he said to himself before looking at me. " What about you, Baek, is this your first meteor shower as well?" He asked

I just nodded my head, unable to say a word.

" It's beautiful, isn't it." he asked me. And by he, you know who I mean.

" Um--Uh-- Yeah. It is. " I stuttered, absolutely having no other answer to my dead Hyung's question.

" So, did you make a wish?" Joonmyeon-hyung asked me.

" Yeah, I did." I replied.

" Well, I didn't. So, excuse me for a moment." Joonmyeon-hyung said as he closed his eyes, and made his wish.

I, on the other hand, stared at him, trying to decipher if he was a  ghost, or if I was but hallucinating.

He opened his eyes and asked me:

" You wanna know what I wished for?"

" I wouldn't be surprised, but, yeah, sure." I replied, making my conversation with him short.

He sat down in front of me, held me hand, and said:

" I wished, that someday, you would be a good leader of EXO-K. I may be gone, but, I know that you will be able to do this. You will do what I did for the past year, and you will also be a guardian angel to them." he sighed. " Yeah, that's basically it."

Immediately, tears fell from my eyes. I instantly wrapped my arms around him and cried on his shoulder.

" Hyung, I can't. I can't be the leader!" I cried as I hugged him tightly.

" You can. You will be, since there's no other choice. I mean, if you come to think about it: Chanyeol and Kyungsoo, not fit for the part, Sehun and Jongin, too young. You're the only one that fits in." he said as he patted my back.

" No, hyung. I can't be leader, because all along, it has been you. You were always our leader. I can't just simply inherit the leadership, it's like winning a game by default. Hyung, I can't be leader because I'm not fit for it! You are the true leader and guardian angel of EXO. And me, I'm just a vocalist. " I said, as I wiped my tears away, although new tears just sprung out from my eyes.

" You're not just a vocalist, but, you're the vocalist whom I trust the most. I believe in you, Baek. All you need to do is believe in yourself as well." Joonmyeon-hyung said as he put his palm on my shoulder.

" But, I can't. I'm not ready for this. I can't be leader." I said, as I kept my head down.

He held my chin up, and made sure that I made eye contact with him, and he replied:

" You are, Byun Baekhyun. You were always ready. You can do this, and I know you can, because you never fail. Just remember what I told you, arasso?"

" Arasso." I said, in a soft tone.

" I didn't hear you. Arasso?" he asked me.

" Arasso." I replied, making it loud for him to hear. To be honest, I was thinking that angels could be deaf.

I sighed loudly, before I asked him:

" But, what if I couldn't do it?

He chuckled and replied:

" What do you mean, you couldn't do it? Didn't I just tell you that you can do it?"

" No, I mean, what if I couldn't handle the pressure?" I clarified.

" Oh, then you shouldn't worry about that. Because, I assure you, I will always be there. You need to call my name, and I'll be there for you. No need to worry, Baek." he replied as he patted my head.

I nodded my head and said:

" Thanks for believing in me, hyung."

" Of course, anything for the new leader." he replied as held my hand.

We both looked outside the window and all we saw was a black sky. There were no more shooting stars, or even stars. What we saw was just pitch black.

Or, at least what I saw. But, the thing is, how can I see with my eyes closed?

So, I opened my eyes, and found myself on the bed, beside Chanyeol, who seemed to crying while sleeping.

Everything was a dream, for 's sake. Everything was a dream. I didn't even know if I was happy or sad, or mad because of that dream. But, one thing's for certain,  Joonmyeon-hyung was trying to tell me something.

" For 's sake, Kim Joonmyeon, not now." I said as I grabbed my hair, letting anger-slash-sadness out.

I was crying, not like a " my-world-is-crumbling" cry, but, just shedding tears. I buried my entire face in the pillow, but, despite how deep I buried my face in the pillow, I still heard people outside my room, talking:

" Jongdae-ah? What's wrong?"

" So, you guys did too?"

It sounded like Jongdae and Minseok-hyung, and another thing, I knew that they were crying.

" Joonmyeon came to you as well, huh?"

" Yeah, he did. He did. I dreamt about him."

" , Jongdae too?" I said as I sprung up from my bed and went outside, without letting them know that I was with them.

To my surprise, aside from Jongdae and Minseok-hyung, I saw Luhan, Yixing, Jongin, Kyungsoo, Sehun and Zitao, all hugging Jongdae.

" It's gonna be okay, hyung." Sehun said as he patted Jongdae's head.

" Yeah, hyung. We'll move on." Jongin added, as he sniffed.

It was when I decided to let them know that I was with them all the while.

" Jong, I think he came to everyone as well." I said as he patted his head.

He looked at me, and just by looking at his eyes, I felt my eyes glisten with new tears as well.

" You too?" Jongin asked me.

I nodded my head, and eventually, I let my tears fall.

Immediately, Jongdae hugged me tight, and rest followed him as well.

" Everything will be fine, Baek." Jongdae told me as he patted my back.

" Yeah, you're not alone, hyung. We dreamt about him too." Zitao told me as he wiped his tears away.

" Yeah, probably everyone dreamt about him." Kyungsoo said .

" Yeah, even Chanyeol did." Yixing-hyung said as he pointed at someone behind me.

We all turned our heads and saw Chanyeol standing by the door, his face already wet with tears.

" Come here, Chan. You need a hug." Luhan said as he approached the tall man and hugged him.

Chanyeol on the other hand, just cried and cried, letting everything out.

" Why now, from all times. Why now?" Chanyeol asked while crying.

We all followed Luhan and gave him hugs as well.

 


Chanyeol's POV


As a lot of you know, I am Chanyeol, the "Happy Virus." I normally crack up jokes, or I'm the mood maker of the group, I ven consider myself as the loudest boy of the group. So, I guess you all know how hyper I am.  But, to be honest, I was no where near hyper, or happy. I was in level one gazillion of sadness. Well, what do you think, after seeing my favorite hyung (next to Baekhyun) die on a hospital bed like that, do you think that I'm still the same "Happy Virus?" Do you think that I'll be the same Chanyeol you'll ever see on TV? No, because this entire thing is pulling me down. It's changing me inside and out. I should actually change my name to "Sad Virus."

I just couldn't believe that Joonmyeon-hyung left. He was always the hyung who stuck up for me whenever Baekhyun and I fight. Actually, it's Jongdae who patches us up together, but, it's Joonmyeon-hyung who tells him to patch us up. So, technically, he's the mastermind of it. He was always the hyung who encouraged me and he was my inspiration of becoming an idol.

You may not see it, but, I have a very close relationship with Joonmyeon-hyung. He was like my mother, I felt like I could tell him anything, even the things I couldn't tell Baekhyun.

So, back to reality, we arrived from Joonmyeon-Hyung's wake, which by the way, was really challenging for us to do. Just by looking at the coffin pained my heart. It felt like it shattered into a million pieces and burned to ash. Upon arriving from his wake, no one talked to each other. We all went to our own rooms, well, except for the baby-faced hyungs, Minseok-hyung stayed outside, while Luhan just snapped and went someplace else. Most of us slept, I ,on the other hand, got on the computer, and played Starcraft. Yes, people, I have a life, I don't just perform, I play too you know.

I logged in and used my username:
Park_Dobi_ChanyeolHappyVirus@112792

Once I used my username, I immediately looked for someone to play with. It was about one in the morning, and I was hoping that Kyuhyun-hyung would still be awake and that he could do a game with me. But then, I thought to myself: Why the would he be awake at one in the morning?" So, I guess gaming at one in the morning was not an option.

I was gonna play by myself, put the A.I on Difficulty Level: Insane. It was about five seconds from the start of the game when suddenly, someone challenged me to a game.

" Ooh, someone challenged me, huh." I said as I accepted the requested, totally ignoring whoever
sent me that request.

I immediately got my earphones, plugged it to the computer and went out of the room, making sure that I wouldn't wake my roommates up. I sat down on the couch, stretched a little bit, making my neck and back crack, and immediately, I got to work.

" Let's get this show started, random challenger." I said as I started the game with him.

To be honest, this guy who challenged me was no match. No offense, he at playing. Both his attack and defense so much, that I think by just looking at the map, I formulated a plan that can defeat him in less than five minutes. Apparently, my plan work.

I defeated the guy in four minutes and fifty-five seconds. You wanna know my secret, all Starcraft gamers out there? It's-- just me. I'm just mind-blowingly awesome. Just kidding. I'm not telling you my secret by the way.

I was about to jump up and shout for joy when two things stopped me from doing so. First, since the other boys were sleeping, I didn't shout, and second, because I heard someone shout from one of the rooms. And the person who shouted was no ordinary person.

" Ugh, crap! You beat me again! Tell me your secret, Chan!" that person yelled.

I widened my eyes, like really wide. I turned around, hoping to find the voice's owner.

Apparently, I was right again.

" Yah! Park Chanyeol! Why do you always beat me in Starcraft? I remembered being so good at this, and now, I ! Tell me your secret, cause I really need to beat you soon!" a pale-skinned boy yelled as he went out of his room.

I spent the next thirty seconds staring at him, disbelieving the sight in front of me. I was hoping that I was just hallucinating, because if I wasn't, I might as well jump off the building. He just kept on talking and talking, and I just kept staring at him.

" Yah! Park Chanyeol, are you even listening to me?" Joonmyeon-hyung said as slightly hit me on the head.

I snapped out of my dreamy world, and I looked at the computer screen, looking at his Starcraft Username.

His username was: Leader_ExSuho_052291

" Cool username, by the way." I said, keeping my eye on the computer.

" Yeah, I know." Joonmyeon-hyung replied as he scratched the back of his neck.

" I didn't know you played Starcraft. Why didn't you tell me, we could have played Starcraft!" I said, as I turned my computer off and set it aside.

" Well, I just play during my free time. You know, we should play Starcraft more often." Joonmyeon-hyung replied as he hit my shoulder.

I was silenced for a moment before I said:

" I wish, but, what can we do? You're gone."

Afterwards, tears uncontrollably fell from my eyes. Joonmyeon-hyung, on the other hand, stared at me for a moment before he approached me and hugged me tight.

" Shh, it's gonna be okay, Chan." Joonmyeon-hyung said as he patted my head.

" Hyung, you're gone. It's never gonna be okay! It's never gonna be the same without you. EXO will never be EXO without you. You're our guardian angel, hyung! You should always be with us! But, now what? You're in someplace else, where ever you are, or whatever we do, we cannot change the past anymore! We will never see you ever again!" I cried as I hugged him, even much tighter than the way he hugged me.

" Park Chanyeol, didn't you remember what I told you? What I promised you guys before I left?" Joonmyeon-hyung asked me as he ruffled my already-messy hair.

 I sniffed and rubbed my eyes before replying:

" You'll always be there for us, and that you'll always be our guardian angel."

" See, I'll always be there. Even though you can't see me, I'll always be there. I'll always be there to guide you, protect you and love you as my brother. You don't have to worry about it, Chan."  he assured me as he patted my head.

" But, what if something happens to me?" I asked him.

" Something like what?" he asked me.

" Something like when Baekhyun and I argue." I replied.

He chuckled for a moment. " Chan, only you can fix your problems with Baekhyun. Not me. You guys are like lovers."

" But still, he only listens to you." I said, with a pout.

" He listens to Kris and Jongdae too, you know." he replied.

" But, he listens to you more, because you are his leader. And you're mine, too." I said, emphasizing the word "leader."

" I know, Chan. As I said, you don't need to worry, I've got this. Just call my name, and I'll be there." Joonmyeon-hyung said once more before he hugged me again.

I hugged him back, and immediately, tears started falling from my eyes.

" Love you, hyung." I blurted out. It was kind of awkward because I never say "I love you" to people except for the fans and my mom. And what was even more awkward was that I was saying it to a boy.

" Love you too, Chan." Joonmyeon-hyung replied as he hugged me, before turning as light as a feather.

Once I opened my eyes, I didn't see him anywhere around me. Instead, I found myself hugging a pillow. Surprisingly, it was really really wet. Not because of my drool, but because of my tears. My face was really drenched with my tears. Normally, I'd only shed a few tears every time I have bad dreams, but, now, it was different. This wasn't just some ordinary bad dream, this was a dream of my angel.

" Joonmyeon-hyung." I said as I wiped my tears, despite the news tears falling.

I actually woke up because of two things, first thing was the dream itself, and second, I heard the bed creak, and the door open. I looked around the room, and I was alone. Baekhyun, Minseok and Zitao we're not in the room, which brings me to the topic that I heard people outside my room. And they seemed to be crying.

Immediately, I stood up and stood by the door, trying to eavesdrop on their conversation.

" Everything will be fine, Baek."

" Yeah, you're not alone, hyung. We dreamt about him too."


" Them too?" I said as I opened the door slowly, and went out of my room. To my surprise, I saw everyone, excluding Joonmyeon-hyung. Everyone, except for Kris-hyung.

" Yeah, probably everyone dreamt about him." Kyungsoo said .

" Yeah, even Chanyeol did." Yixing-hyung said as he pointed at me.

They all turned around and saw me. My face was drenched, and my eyes glistening with new tears.

Luhan-hyung probably pitied me because he approached me, hugged me and said:

" Come here, Chan. You need a hug."

Once he hugged me,  I cried and cried, letting everything out.

" Why now, from all times. Why now?" I asked while crying.

Immediately, they all hugged me and said words to comfort me.

" You aren't alone Chan, we all dreamt about him." Baekhyun said as he hugged me.

" Well, not really everyone. Kris-hyung didn't dream about him yet." Kyungsoo said.

" Yeah, speaking of Kris-hyung, where is he?" Jongin added.

Sehun released himself from the hug and looked around. He did a head count of us, and it was true, we were only ten.

" Yeah, hyung isn't here." Sehun said, making sure that he counted us right.

Zitao turned to Yixing-hyung and asked:

" Aren't you roommates with Kris-ge? Isn't he in your room?"

" When I woke up after dreaming about Joonmyeon, he wasn't there. I was alone." Yixing replied.

" Where is he?" Baekhyun asked us.

It was silent for a moment before Minseok-hyung said:

" You know, yesterday, in the hospital, I talked to Kris, and he told me something, the real thing behind everything."

Luhan-hyung widened his eyes and asked:

" What is it?"

He sighed, before he replied:

" Kris was depressed. He wanted to end his life, so, while we were eating, he stood up from the table, and left the restaurant. Joonmyeon-hyung followed him six blocks down the road, and afterwards, he caught up after him. Kris ran to the middle of the street, and Joonmyeon pushed him, saving Kris, and not himself."

I looked around and saw everyone crying. I was crying too, but, not to the extent of how the other boys cried.

" No wonder, he seemed so guilty yesterday." I commented.

" Yeah, he also seemed pretty guilty while talking to me over the phone yesterday." Minseok-hyung added.

Nobody spoke for minute. Suddenly, Jongdae widened his eyes and asked:

" He isn't here, right?"

" He wasn't in our room." Baekhyun replied.

" Not in ours as well." Kyungsoo added.

" Oh ! If he's been feeling so guilty, he might be doing something stupid!" Jongdae yelled.

" Something stupid like what?" Jongin asked.

" Something like killing himself." Yixing-hyung said.

" Oh My God! We need to find him! Before he does something!" Sehun said, while letting a new batch of tears fall from his eyes.

" Yeah! But the thing is, where could he possibly be?" Zitao asked.

" The easiest place where he can commit suicide." Luhana-hyung said. He paused, before he and Minseok-hyung widened their eyes and said:

" The top of the building!"

" What are you guys waiting for? Let's go! Before Duizhang kills himself!" I yelled.

" Yeah, let's go!" Minseok-hyung said as he led all of us to the top of the building.

On the way, we were yelling: " Duizhang! Stop!" and on the way there, I was also praying. Praying for our future, praying for Duizhang.

 

// A.N. Sorry for the late update. I just finished my Investigatory project for Biology. Anyway, the next chapter will be the last. :) Sorry for typos :) //