Chapter Four

Starry Starry Night

Zitao's POV

So, I'm gonna do a sum-up of what I did for the past forty-eight hours. So, first, I performed Wolf with the other boys, then we ate dinner, then Joonmyeon-hyung got run over by a truck. We rushed him to the hospital, found out he had leukemia, he died at 1:47 a.m. And afterwards, I felt like . Going to his funeral and undergoing all those talking? I don't even think I could go on living. But, you know what I really need after all those? A nice long shower. Like literally, I didn't take a bath in two days, so, I definitely needed a shower.

I entered the shower and took all my clothes off. Don't be dirty minded, but, please, who takes a bath with clothes on? Back to reality, I turned the knob of the shower and let the cool water hit and run through every part of my my body; and I stayed that way for about five minutes.

I'm still trying to forget everything that happened, but, no matter what I did, everything was still fresh in my mind. Everything just happened so fast, like, one moment Joonmyeon-hyung was eating dinner with us and the next thing I know, he died right in front of me. It's been a day, but, it seemed like he's been gone for months, gone for a year, gone forever.

So, back to me in the shower, I was putting soap on my back, when suddenly, somebody started rubbing it.

Thinking it was Kris-ge, since he always barges in the bathroom and scares me, I said:

" Gege, please leave me for a moment, I just want to be alone."

" You're kinda missing a spot there, don't worry, just let me help." he replied, still rubbing my back.

I widened my eyes, like any other person would react.

" You're just dreaming, Huang Zitao. You're just dreaming." I said to myself, keeping my eyes shut.

" Well, apparently, you aren't." he replied.

I slowly turned my head around, and as you all might know, I saw the pale-skinned boy, smiling back at me.

" Hi Tao." Joonmyeon-hyung said as he smiled.

And like every other person would do, I screamed. Joonmyeon-hyung immediately covered my mouth and repeatedly said:

" Don't scream, just keep quiet."

" Oh My God! Why are you here?" I yelled.

" I wanted to see you."  he replied.

" But, hyung, please, not when I'm in the shower! You don't want me to slip and crack my head open, do you?" I asked him.

" Well, of course not, but, nothing's gonna stop me from seeing my dongsaeng." he said with I smile.

Honestly, I found it creepy that Joonmyeon-hyung was in the shower with me, but, thank God, he had his clothes on. But, still, what kind of ghost appears to an innocent boy, taking a shower at three in the morning?

" What do you want, Kim Joonmyeon?" I asked, trying to keep my distance from him.

" I wanna talk to you." he said with a smile as he approached me and trapped me between him and the wall.

I nodded my head, afterwards, I turned the knob off, walked passed him and said:

" Not here."

I got a towel and wrapped it around my waist as I went out of the bathroom and entered my shared room with Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Minseok-hyung. Apparently, all of them weren't there, so, the room was free for me, and for the ghost I was talking to.

" We're in your room, so, can I talk to you now?" Joonmyeon-hyung asked me.

" Well, yeah, sure." I replied as I sat on my bed.

He smiled and he said:

" So, how are you?"

And with that one question, I was instantly brought to tears. I stood up, wrapped my arms around him and replied:

" I miss you. I miss you a lot, hyung. I know you've been gone for a day, but, it seems like you've been gone for years. Hyung, why did you have to go? Why didn't you just fight for your life and stayed here? Hyung, you don't know how much we miss you, we really really do."

My tears fell uncontrollably from my eyes, and just saying, I made that 'ugly sobbing' face, which was supposed to be funny. Apparently, I remembered that most ghosts are emotionless, so, Joonmyeon-hyung just sat there, hugging me and patting my back.

" Tao-ssi, didn't you remember my promise?" he asked me as he pulled himself away from the hug and looked straight into my eyes.

" You're gonna be our guardian angel." I replied, keeping my head down.

" And, what do you think I'm gonna do about it?" he asked me.

" You're not gonna break it." I replied, finally looking back at him.

" Yeah. See, you said it yourself, and you remember it. I promised you that I'll be by your side and I'll forever be your guardian angel. And you shouldn't hesitate to call me because I'll be there. That's my promise Tao, and I assure you that I'm never gonna break that promise." he told me as he patted my head and wiped the tears that fell from my eyes.

" I hope you'll never break that promise, hyung." I muttered, thinking that he didn't hear me.

" Dude, I'm Kim Joonmyeon. I never break my promises." he said.

" Pinky swear?" I asked him as I placed my pinky in front of him. I know pinky swear sounds so gay, but, the hell who cares.

" Pinky swear." Joonmyeon-hyung said as he interlocked his pinky with mine, and hugged me one more time.

I hugged him back and we spent about three minutes hugging each other. For some reason, a question popped into my mind.

" Hyung, can I ask you something?" I asked him.

" Anything." he replied.

" What do you do as an angel?" I asked him.

" Uh, well. For my first day, you wouldn't believe it, I learned wushu." he replied.

I snorted, because I imagined him doing wushu and the stunts I do with my wushu stick.

" Seriously? Wushu?" I asked him, while laughing.

" Yeah. I'm serious, and I tell you the truth, I think I'm getting so good at it. So good that I think I'll be able to beat you." he said.

" Yah! Try me!" I retorted as I got my wushu stick from the cabinet and tossed to him. Surprisingly, he caught the stick with one hand and whirled it.

" Show me your moves." I said as I sat at the edge of my bed and looked at him.

He nodded his head as he started whirling the stick. He whirled it faster and faster that I couldn't even see where the stick was. He was getting professional, for a beginner.

" You're so good, for a beginner." I said.

" Yeah, I'm so good that you can't even see me attack you." he said, with an eyebrow up.

" Yah! Try me. Try attacking me and I'll self-defend myself." I challenged.

Wrong choice, Huang Zitao. Wrong choice.

Joonmyeon-hyung whacked me directly on my face and my entire world went black. But, before I fell asleep, I felt him pat my head and say:

" Take care of yourself."

I woke up, and found myself lying down on my bed. I touched my face, and apparently, there was no bruise, which meant, no one whacked my face.

I looked around me, and I saw Baekhyun and Chanyeol-hyung sleeping peacefully.

I was about to ask myself where Minseok-hyung was when I heard something from outside my room:

" Don't worry, Kyung, you're not alone."

" Hyung, he came to me in my dream."

" I know, Kyung. Don't worry, he probably came to the others as well."

" You dreamt about him too?"

" You too?"

" Yeah, wow, we've been having dreams about him at the same time."

" Don't worry, Kyung, we'll move on, eventually."


I heard Minseok-hyung, Luhan-ge, Yixing-ge and Kyungsoo outside. Talking about their dreams. So, I hurriedly got up from my bed and joined their conversation.

" You guys too?" I asked them.

" You too?" Kyungsoo asked, wiping the tears from his eyes.

I nodded my head as I approached the four of them.

" He whacked me on the face." I said.

" What?" Luhan asked.

" Joonmyeon-hyung whacked me on the face." I replied.

They chuckled for a moment, but, eventually, they went back to their gloomy selves. And the environment even got more gloomy when someone asked:

" So, are you awake because Joonmyeon-hyung came to you?"

We all turned around and saw Sehun clutching his pillow, letting tears fall from his eyes.

" Sehun-ah." Luhan said as he approached the maknae and gave him a hug.

 



Sehun's POV

Once we arrived home, everyone went in their rooms, except for Luhan, who just snapped and went somewhere else. I was worried for him, actually, but, as of now, I could only think of Joonmyeon-hyung.

Being a maknae is very hard, I remember saying that to Joonmyeon-hyung. I had a bunch of problems all throughout the years I spent with the group, and Joonmyeon-hyung was the only one who helped me through those.

I miss him. I miss him so much. And, sorry to all the HunHan shippers- yes, I know about HunHan, but, I miss Joonmyeon-hyung more that Luhan.

So, back to reality. We all entered our rooms and afterwards, a lot of us slept, since we were so sleep-deprived. I, on the other hand, got my phone out and logged in Twitter. Yes, people, I have Twitter. I logged in Twitter and tweeted this:

" I miss you. :("

I sighed as tears fell on the screen of my phone. I wiped them away, and I was surprised to see the next tweet after mine.

" I miss you too  :("

I widened my eyes as I saw who tweeted it, it wasn't just any ordinary person, but, it was someone I've been following on Twitter for so long already.

I wrote a message and tagged him:

"@your_guardian_angel_Joon: Joonmyeon-hyung?"

" Joonmyeon-hyung, is this you?" I asked myself as I typed it.

" Yeah." someone replied.

I looked up from my phone, and as you all know, I saw Joonmyeon-hyung, carrying his phone.

" I saw your tweet, look at it, 10,385 retweets and 22,793 favorites in a minute. How great is that?" he asked me as he showed me his phone.

I didn't know what to do, honestly, I was too shocked to cry and I was too sad to scream. Let's just say that it's just a mix of emotions, which you might think ironic because I show no emotion on my face.

" Hey, didn't you tell me that you're never gonna be using Twitter until Luhan does? Why are you using Twitter? It's unfair! You're breaking the deal!" he said as he started hitting my shoulder.

I sat there, looking at him with my mouth open trying to believe my eyes and decipher whether he was true or not.

" And yet, you used Twitter! Yah! Oh Sehun are you even listening to me?" he asked me as he hit my head.

" Hyung?" I asked him.

" What, Sehun? " he replied as he patted my head.

This time, I was fully convinced that I was talking to my dead hyung, and that I wasn't talking to a wall. I stood up, walking towards him and hugged him tight.

" Sehun? You okay?" he asked me as he started patting my back.

" Hyung, heaven changed you a lot." I replied, trying to make our conversation as normal as possible.

" What do you mean?" he asked me.

" I mean, the first thing you do as a ghost to me is hit me on the head! That's mean! That's unfair! You probably didn't do that to the other boys!" I replied, letting go of the hug.

" Uh, well, you should know that I scared Tao in the restroom." he said with a smile.

Afterwards, I started chuckling, and he did too. We both ended up laughing so hard that we were forming six-pack abs. I missed this, it was just like the old times. Whenever Jongdae-hyung wasn't around, I'd troll Joonmyeon-hyung all the time.

I sighed loudly, and asked Joonmyeon-hyung:

"Hyung, why did you go? We were having such a great time, the twelve of us. And now, what would we do? You were our glue, you were our bridge, and now, without this glue and bridge, we would all fall apart--" I said, but got cut off by his finger on my lips.

" You read the letter, right?" he asked me.

I nodded my head in reply.

" If you read it, then you should have understood my message. I said that I'll always be by your side-" he said, and this time, I continued what he was gonna say.

" And you'll always be our guardian angel." I said.

" Exactly! Sehun, you shouldn't say that EXO will fall apart because I will always be there for you. I'll be there to guide you and protect you at all times. Just think of me as Peter Pan." Joonmyeon-hyung said.

" I thought you said Kris is our Peter Pan?" I asked him.

" Uh, well, yeah. But, just think of me of that." he said as he patted my head.

I nodded my head as I stood up an hugged him one more time.

" I'm gonna miss you, hyung. I'm gonna miss your nagging, squealing and all those stuff. "

" I'm gonna miss you too."

" Love you, hyung." I said as I hugged him even more tighter.

" Love you, too." he replied.

We probably spent a minute hugging, until I heard Luhan's voice:

" Yeah, wow, we've been having dreams about him at the same time."

Then Yixing-hyung:

" Don't worry, Kyung, we'll move on, eventually."

I was about to ask Joonmyeon-hyung what was happening when I found myself on my bed, lying down while clutching onto a pillow.

After realizing that every thing was just a dream, I couldn't help but it, so, I cried.

" Joonmyeon-hyung." I said as I hugged my pillow and buried my face in it.

I had to find out what they were talking about, and I know that whatever it was, it was concerning Joonmyeon-hyung. So, I made my way out of my bedroom, and saw Minseok, Luhan, Yixing, Kyungsoo and Zitao-hyung talking among themselves, crying as well.

" So, are you awake because Joonmyeon-hyung came to you?" I asked them, while letting my tears flow out uncontrollably.

" Sehun-ah." Luhan said as he approached my and hugged me tight.

" I dreamt about him, Lu. He came to me." I said, burying my face on his shoulder.

" You too?" Zitao asked me as he walked to me and patted my head.

" You think he's trying to tell us something?" Yixing-ge asked us, as he wiped his tears.

" I think so. I mean, if you come to think about it, he came to six people." Minseok-hyung added.

" Make that seven." someone said, his voice clearly trembling.

We turned around and saw Jongin standing by the door of his room, his eyes already glistening with tears.

" Jongin-ah, you better not be kidding me ." Kyungsoo-hyung said as he approached him and gave him a hug.

 

A.N.// Woosh. Fourth chapter down. Sorry it took me long to update, for typos and sorry for this crappy chapter. i just needed to defend my ultimate fandom (E.L.F., if you're asking). I just got really pissed, I won't talk about it, but, I probably spent an entire afternoon spamming #JUSTICEFORMRSIMPLE. Anyway, back to being an EXOTIC, here it is :)//