8 - I Missed You

You Make Me Want To Live Again

One Year Later

 

Kyungsoo looked around the airport lounge and sighed, it was similar to when he was here last time. The gate was almost full of commuters on their way to the city of lights. It was almost midnight and much like last year, people were either already sleeping or filling up with caffeine to stay awake. Kyungsoo sat in front of the large window that looked over the tarmac. Lights ran down the runway and the whole scene was covered in an orange hue from the spotlights above. Kyungsoo heaved a sigh, watching planes come and go as he waited for his to pull in to the gate. To his side, his mother walked over with a sleepy Jongin, whom only just arrived from another weekend with his family.

“Are you sure you don’t want coffee?” His mother asked.

“Might as well give mine to sleepy head over there,’ Kyungsoo pointed over at Jongin whose head was slowly dropping to his lap.

“He’ll stay over in your room tonight since our house is closer than his.”

“It’s fine,” Kyungsoo said. “The plane’s here,” he stated. His mother looked in the same direction, sure enough a large plane pulled into the dock.

A few minutes later, it was time for Kyungsoo to board. Jongin was the first to say goodbye, pulling him into a manly hug.

“Have a safe flight man, say hi to ____ for me.” The two patted each other on the back.

“I will, take care of my mother while I’m gone,” said Kyungsoo as Jongin nodded and stepped back to be replaced by Kyungsoo’s mother.

Kyungsoo could see the glint of tears starting to form in her eyes and Kyungsoo wrapped his arms around her.

“Stay safe Kyungsoo,” she sobbed.

“I promise,” Kyungsoo tried his hardest not to cry, yet a single tear escaped and rolled down his cheek.

His mother wiped the tear and kissed his forehead, “I’m so proud of you; your father would be too.”

“I know,” Kyungsoo smiled and reached down to his pocket and pat it, knowing the letter from his father was still there. He said his final goodbyes and walked down the long walkway to the end and waved at his mother and Jongin, much like ____ did when he left. He found his seat and the plane took off. Kyungsoo looked out the window and saw the lights fading away the higher he went.

Just wait a little while longer, ____. I’m almost there. He thought as he held both his father’s letter, and ____’s forgotten music sheet.

 

New York City was always busy, especially in the morning of the first day of school. ____ made her way down the crowded halls of Julliard to the auditorium, where the inductions for the first years were taking place. During her first year, ____ adjusted quite well. She managed to make some new friends from her home country and from all over the world, she got to explore a new city, and managed to pass all assessments with flying colours. The only problem was that she wasn’t with Kyungsoo. If only he had came with her, would things be different?

She followed the crowd to the large room and took a seat close to the stage, which housed a large grand piano in the middle. Around her she could see both familiar faces and some new ones just starting. Before she could look around to find her friends, the announcer took the stage to quiet the audience down.

“Welcome to The Julliard School of the Arts to you all. Whether you would be new students starting this year, or have been with us already, it is a pleasure to be standing in front of the world’s brightest art students.”

____ sat and listened to the woman’s speech, only to see a shadow move in the corner of her eye. It moved quickly behind the side curtain and to the darkness of backstage, so much so that ____ furrowed her eyebrows and shook her head, continuing to pay attention to the woman talking.

 

Meanwhile, backstage, a timid Kyungsoo paced back and forth in circles. He was so nervous at that moment that he couldn’t even think straight, all because he hadn’t seen ____ yet and wanted nothing more than to hold her. That, and as soon as he made his way to the administration building he was greeted by someone who wanted him to play for the entire school. Apparently his mother had been sending in videos of him playing and the staff couldn’t believe of such a talent.

Now he stood and waited for his name to be called. He pulled back the curtain to scope out the crowd. Many unknown faces stared forward to the stage. Out of all the unfamiliar faces, one stood out the most.

 

Angel.

Her once chestnut coloured hair was now longer and had a more chocolate tone to it. Despite her hair, ____ had not changed one bit, and Kyungsoo believed she looked more beautiful than ever.

“-Do Kyungsoo.” He snapped out of his thought when he heard his name being called from the stage. He got the last amount on nerves out of his system and made his way to the piano with his head held high and his posture straight and full of what little confidence he had. As he sat at the piano, he reached for his pocket and pulled out some music sheets. Kyungsoo scanned the crowd once more and made eye contact with ____, who for once had eyes as wide as his own. He smiled in her direction and began to play the music in front of him.

As he played, people around him stared in awe; ____ however looked at him with a perplexed stare. She recognised this music as her own, only how did Kyungsoo find out about her song that she played for him the year before?

Kyungsoo continued to play despite the stares around him, sneaking in looks at ____, who by now was smiling at him widely. When he finished playing the sounds of applause rung through his ears.

“Do Kyungsoo is currently studying classical music this year and we are very lucky to include him in the Julliard family, give him another round of applause." The sound was something he had missed since the last time he performed in front of an audience this size. He looked down to see ____ winking in his direction, signalling for him to meet him after the assembly. The assembly couldn’t end fast enough.

 

Soon after, the masses crowded around the entrance for students to show new ones around the campus. This was accustomed for the first day to be free for all students.

Kyungsoo was talking to one of the faculty members as the hall got quieter, and soon, only a single person clapping rang through his ears. He turned around from the piano to see ____ standing there with a smile on her face. Kyungsoo stood there and shrugged innocently.

“I told you I would come visit.” He said innocently. ____ was already running up the stairs to then leap into Kyungsoo’s arm. Kyungsoo opened his arms and wrapped his arms tightly around ____, who did the same thing.

“I missed you,” ____ said while still embracing Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo ran his hands through her soft hair and smiled. “Your hair grew,” he pointed out.

____ moved back slightly to take in his features, now almost glowing from the lights above. Since the last time she saw him, he had grown taller, and his face seemed more mature; his eyes however stayed exactly the same. She ran her hand through his hair and laughed, “So did yours.”

“I missed you too,” he said as he cupped her cheek while still keeping an arm around her petite waist. “I love you, ____.” He said as he moved forward to meet ____ in a deep kiss. As their lips moved with each others, Kyungsoo s his hand from ____’s cheek to the back of her neck, holding her in place as he tilted his head for better access. ____ moaned softly at his actions and tugged on the small strands of hair on the back of his neck. Kyungsoo boldly pressed his tongue against ____’s lips asking for entry, to which she accepted and let their tongues move against one another.

After a short while, ____ pulled away first to catch her breath. “You better not have been practicing on someone else while I was gone.” She breathed.

“There was no one to practice with,” Kyungsoo laughed as he pecked her lips a second time.  ____ laughed and gave Kyungsoo a warm hug.

“I’m curious,” she said. “What was the piece you played today?”

“I thought you would ask that,” Kyungsoo said as he picked up the music sheet and handed it to her. She read it and hit Kyungsoo on the arm lightly.

“This is my song,” she exclaimed.

“You left it in the practice room, and I took the liberty of finishing it for you.”

____ reached up and brought Kyungsoo down for another soft kiss before giggling with happiness. “I love you so much.”

“You made me live again, don’t ever leave. You’re my angel.” He finally said the one thing he wanted to say for over a year. ____ smiled into his chest and continued to hold onto Kyungsoo.

 

This was what made Kyungsoo happy, love. Love for music, his family, and ____. He looked up to the light that shone above them, and swore it flickered a few times. Kyungsoo chuckled at what he believed was his father looking down at him, with that silly grin on his face. Kyungsoo held onto ____ tightly, never intending to let go anytime soon. For Kyungsoo did not know what lay ahead for him in the next few years. but he was sure that with the help of his angels, ____ and his father, he couldn’t fail. Especially ____, who made Kyungsoo want to live once more.

 


2nd update for the day! Only one more chapter to go :D

Comments are loved!

Andy ^^