5 - Realisations

You Make Me Want To Live Again

The morning dragged and five minutes felt like five hours to Kyungsoo. He and Jongin slumped against the front counter of the shop, waiting for some excitement to happen that quiet Wednesday. Kyungsoo couldn’t hang out with ____ due to her teaching commitments, so it was just him for the day.

Kyungsoo’s mother walked down the stairs and saw the empty store and the two boys bored out of their wits.

“Having fun boys?” she asked jokingly.

Jongin immediately straightened his shoulder in front of the boss, “always Mrs Do,” he saluted. Kyungsoo rolled his eyes and continued to lean against the bench.

“I’m planning to close early today,” Kyungsoo’s mother said as she moved around the boys to the office. “I need to finalise some lesson plans so you can have the rest of the day off.”

“Thank god,” Jongin breathed, “It was getting boring here.” He turned to Kyungsoo who looked just as uninterested in work. “You want to head out this afternoon?”

            Kyungsoo sprung his head up and looked at him. He was just about to give an answer until his mother did for him.

“He’d love to Jongin, go out and get some fresh air.” Kyungsoo nodded his head and followed Jongin out the door.

“I’ll be back later Mum,” he called out and waved. She waved back with a smile and watched her son head out into the warm air.

 

Kyungsoo was lucky to have Jongin as a friend, especially when he was the only one he could depend on. Jongin had heaps of other friends in the neighbourhood where he moved from that talked about and visited occasionally. He would joke how he would steal Kyungsoo away just so he could meet his crew. Kyungsoo would joke along as well sometimes, but he knew that he could never leave, not now anyway.

For the afternoon, Jongin treated him to lunch and time at the city arcade. Kyungsoo enjoyed the free time away from boredom, and also winning against Jongin in a number of games.

“I don’t get it,” Jongin commented. “You never leave your house, how the hell could you beat me?”

Kyungsoo laughed at him, holding a bag full of cheap prizes, “good reflexes.”

 

It was in the afternoon when the two walked towards the park, holding packets of chips in their hands. It was starting to get darker and the blue sky turned into an orange hue. It reminded Kyungsoo of the day he and ____ were out. He smiled at the memory, which caught Jongin’s eye.

“You thinking about that girl again?” Kyungsoo choked on the chip in his mouth and Jongin laughed at his friend’s reaction as he pat his back. “I’ll take that as a yes then. Is that also the reason you’ve been playing the piano again?”

.

Kyungsoo knew for sure he got caught. “How did you know?”

“Your mother is a very informative woman.” Kyungsoo needed to have a serious talk with his mother now.

“It’s okay dude, I know how much you love the piano.”

“It’s all because of her,” Kyungsoo bluntly said.

Jongin smiled at his friend, “you love her, don’t you?”

Kyungsoo’s mother asked the same thing, yet this time Kyungsoo was sure of his answer. “I do, I’m in love with her. I love ____ with everything I have.”

Jongin nodded proudly at Kyungsoo’s answer but he didn’t let it go that easily. “If you could describe ____ in one word, what would it be?”

At this Kyungsoo knew for sure that his mother told Jongin everything. Yet he didn’t question him, instead he said the exact thing he wanted to say the day before.

“Angel. She’s an angel.” Kyungsoo smiled softly as he said it, and meant every word. Meanwhile beside him he heard hollers coming from Jongin.

“You cheesy sly dog!” He cried as he punched Kyungsoo’s arm. Kyungsoo winced at the force of the hit and held his side as Jongin’s laughter died down. “So, you love music because you love her.”

“Not exactly,” Kyungsoo pointed out to Jongin. “It’s more like she lit the flame that was burnt out for seven years.”

Jongin nodded his head in understanding. “Alright dude, whatever works for you. So here’s my question, do you want to continue music professionally?”

Kyungsoo didn’t answer him and thought about the possibilities of continuing to play it for a career. If he were to take the offer, he would have to apply to music school around the country and over seas. If that were the case, Kyungsoo would have to reconsider the decision.

“You don’t need to answer now; we should get going any way.” Jongin said as he stood up. Kyungsoo looked towards the horizon and saw the sun beginning to hide behind the skyline.

As they walked towards the edge of the park they bid their goodbyes. Kyungsoo began to walk away when Jongin called out to him, “I hope you figure it all out soon dude.” Kyungsoo just simply replied with a wave, puzzled about what he could decide on.

 


Good Evening guys!!

Short update before I head to bed to dream of EXO sleep...

Night everyone!!! ZZZZZzzzzzzZZZZZ 

Andy^^