6 - I Don't Want To Leave

You Make Me Want To Live Again

It had been a week since Kyungsoo had heard from ____, and he began to over think the little details of his life. The differences she has made that made more of an impact to him. An example of this is when he thought of what Jongin had asked him a few days earlier.

“Do you want to continue music professionally?”

That question had been reeling in Kyungsoo’s mind for the longest time. It plagued him to the extent that his brain couldn’t function properly.

It was when his phone started to ring, showing ____’s name on the screen, that Kyungsoo immediately sprung back to life.

“Hey ____,” he said joyfully.

“Hi Kyungsoo,” Kyungsoo frowned slightly at the tone of her voice through the speaker. She didn’t sound her usual bubbly self.

“Is everything okay?” He waited for her reply.

“Can we meet up somewhere,” she said. “Is the park alright?”

“Yeah sure, I’ll meet you there.” There was no reply, just the dial of a hung up phone. Kyungsoo looked at the phone in confusion as if he was looking at ____. Something was definitely up, and Kyungsoo couldn’t help but think that it was something terrible.

 

Not even half an hour later, Kyungsoo walked down the street to the park where spent most of his days now. As he walked, he stared up at the once blue sky, now covered with grey clouds and shutting out the sunlight, which also meant the park wasn’t crowded as it usually was. There were only the odd runner and dog walkers getting their daily exercise.

He kept walking until he saw a person sitting upon the usual retaining wall facing the green. Kyungsoo knew it was ____ judging by her profile features he loved so much. This time though, her face was stricken with worry as she stared blankly at a piece of paper. Cautiously, Kyungsoo stepped towards ____ just as she was folding the paper and placing it in her jacket pocket. She turned her head in Kyungsoo’s direction and a small smile plastered over her face that made Kyungsoo’s heart melt and ache at the same time.

“Hey Kyungsoo,” ____ quietly said.

“Hey,” he returned the greeting and sat next to her on the wall. “What’s troubling you?”

____ bit her bottom lip and tried to think of an answer suitable enough for the moment.  “Can I ask you something?”

Kyungsoo blinked, “anything.”

“Since you’ve been playing the piano recently,” she paused to take in a breath. “Have you ever considered of going to a school for music?”

That had been the second time he was asked that question, and still he did not know how to properly answer it.

“I don’t know,” he said. There was silence between them and Kyungsoo desperately wanted to say something, but was afraid of the outcome.

 

 “Kyungsoo, I need to tell you something.” Her smile was distant.

“What is it?”

“A while ago, before I met you, I applied for a music school overseas. It was a long shot, and I was positive I wouldn’t get in, but I did it for my mum you know?” Kyungsoo nodded, acknowledging what she meant.

She took in a deep breath and reached inside her jacket pocket and dug out a single piece of paper. “Here, I don’t really know what to make of it though.”

Kyungsoo took a hold of the sheet and glanced at a single word in the top corner that he knew all too well.

Julliard

Kyungsoo’s eyed widened. He glanced down and only needed to see the first word, congratulations.

“I had the same look, although my eyes aren’t that big.” She laughed to try to dampen the mood, but it was no use.

“What do you want to do then?” Kyungsoo asked as he looked at her.

____ sighed, “I want to go.” Kyungsoo felt his heart burst into pieces. “But at the same time I don’t want to leave.” She sounded so confused. Kyungsoo looked at ____, she looked almost scared.

“What are you going to miss most?” He asked.

She hesitated, unsure of what his reaction would be, “you.”

Kyungsoo was silent and listened to what she had to say. “Ever since I met you there has been something eating at me and I couldn’t figure out what it was until just recently.” ____ tried not to speak to fast because of her nerves. Kyungsoo watched her intently as she tried not to falter over her own words.

“It’s like every time I see you it feels like my heart is about to explode. I cannot help but smile every time you smile and because of this stupid letter I am so confused of what to do because if I do decide to go I don’t think I’ll ever be able to say-” Kyungsoo cut her off by daringly pressing his lips against hers.

 

Kyungsoo couldn’t believe it; he was kissing the girl he loved. The breeze blew from behind ____ and brushed a strand of hair onto her face. Kyungsoo took this opportunity to move it back behind her ear and cupped his hand against her cheek. The two melted into each other as their lips moved against one another. ____’s reaction was one of bewilderment and excitement, happy at the fact that Kyungsoo was the one who initiated the kiss. The boy she first met had turned into a man right in front of her eyes, and she wouldn’t have had it any other way.

Kyungsoo was the first to pull away and ____ caught her breath.

“I love you,” they said together, finishing ____’s sentence from before.

“Do you really want to go?” Kyungsoo said as he pulled ____ towards his chest, enveloping her in a warm embrace. He was nervous of hugging her, but at that moment nothing mattered to him.

“I do,” he said. “But I don’t want to leave you.”

“It’s only three years, ____. You won’t be gone forever.”

“I have to leave in a month. The airfares have been booked by the school.” This made Kyungsoo stop short and turn his head down to ____’s huddled self. He kissed the crown of her head and smiled sadly.

“Then I’ll come with you,” he didn’t know where all this courage was coming from, but love makes people to stupid things.

“No, you have the shop and your mother; you don’t need to come with me.” She pestered him. “Just come and visit once in a while, and we’ll have video chats as well.” Kyungsoo couldn’t imagine having to talk to her via a computer screen, but for ____ he would do anything.

“Alright,” he simply said. Kyungsoo heard ____ sob he slightest amount and felt a single tear drop onto his hand. Pained by the sight, the two huddled closer together, mentally preparing themselves for a goodbye that was to come way too soon.

 


Another update for you guys!!

I am so sorry that I haven't been updating more regulary as I promised. School work and other commitments have really dragged me down away from writing and updating. But hey, at least I updated haha :D 

Right now I'm watching my friend play the new Assassnin's Creed game before I head off to bed, but can I just say that pirate music is the best!

Hope you all like ithe chapter and comments are loved! I don't bite that much..

<3 Andy ^^