Prologue - Flashbacks I’d Rather Forget

You Make Me Want To Live Again

             “Now see here, this key is a C. Have a go,” the older man said to the small child who sat beside him. The boy’s wide eyes never blinked at the way the sound resonated from the instrument as he pressed the corresponding key.

            “Like this Daddy?” the boy asked.

            “Exactly Kyungsoo.”

 

            Do Kyungsoo was born into the world of music. He lived it. He breathed it will all his being. Ever since he was a small child, he had been infatuated with the sound of music. When he was five, Kyungsoo received his first mini keyboard, that of which he played with for hours on end. By the time he was six, he had memorised all the keys and knew how to mimic the different pre-recorded tuned backwards. In the time period of a year, Kyungsoo had become a musical prodigy.

            Kyungsoo’s parents took notice of this and enrolled him in the top junior music class of the state. Even then he had mastered the higher levels by the time he was eight years old. Not only this, he also found his talent for singing, again like his father. At such a young age, Kyungsoo had managed to compose many of his own songs and won top awards at various talent shows and competitions. He loved the feel of accomplishment with all the trophies and ribbons, but deep down he knew wanted to make music just like his dad.

 

            Kyungsoo’s father was a fulltime musician and song writer for top music companies in the country before his retirement. Even though he loved his job, the love for his wife and son topped it all. His decision to open a music store in the city was, as he used to call it, one of his better choices in life. Every day. All because he was with the comfort of his family all day. ‘DO’S MUSIC’ was not the only music store in the city, but it was one of the more popular ones because of the buzzing companies around the neighbourhood. He did that for the love of music, and his family. Kyungsoo’s mother couldn’t help but love him, as well as looking into Kyungsoo’s bright doe eyes, almost identical to his father’s as he played the black grand piano in the shop. To others, they were the perfect family. However, a growing problem was stirring, ready to steal their happiness.

 

            The cold air brushed against the windows of the Do household that afternoon when Kyungsoo was called into the dining room by his parents. In a happy mood, a thirteen year old Kyungsoo skipped joyfully into the room, humming a tune as he went. His smile faded as he saw the look on his father’s face. For the first time he could remember, there was no smile on his father’s face. Instead, it replicated the look on his mother’s; heartache.

            “Kyungsoo,” his mother said as she held onto her husband’s hand. “We have something to tell you.”

            Kyungsoo looked at his parents as he sat down beside them, “w-what do you mean?”

            “You see-” his mother breathed, almost like she was about to burst into tears at that very moment. Luckily for her, Kyungsoo’s father stepped in to continue the conversation.

            “Kyungsoo, you know how much your mother and I care for you, right?” Kyungsoo nodded slowly.

            “Well, we both think-” he paused for a brief moment. “We feel that it is now time that you should know.”

            Kyungsoo stiffened in his seat, both anxious and distressed about the news that was about to reach his ears. It seemed as life itself was spinning.

            “Kyungsoo,” his father started, his eyes beginning to water. Still spinning…

           

            “I have cancer.” Time had stopped. 

 


Boom first chapter and there's drama...

Did you guys like it?

This is just the prologue, and there is another 7 chapters including a epilogue so stay tuned for more!

Comments are loved :)

Andy ^^