Chapter Two

Her Chocolate Eyes

RiIn stared at their interlocked hands, heart thumping as he rubbed his thumb against hers. She didn't dare hold back, not when this familiar feeling was starting to spark again.

Junsu held on tightly, secretly smiling to himself. It didn't matter if the staff stared at them weirdly as they passed down the hallways to building A, it didn't matter if the trainees they passed by continuously locked their eyes on their hands, it didn't even matter that she didn't hold his large hands back.

He smirked, enjoying the moment.

Beautiful eyes, and soft, small hands. She's perfect.

"Junsu, I can bring the box from here," she broke the disturbing silence lingering between them.

He snapped out from his little moment and paused in his steps, hand still clung onto hers.

"Your arms are still swollen, I'll bring it until we get there," he convinced, only in truth he wasn't ready to part from her...not yet.

"The music room is at the end of this hallway, I think I'll make it," she giggled at his small concern.

RiIn always liked that about him the most, as if he was her older brother.

Older brother. Is that what she still saw him as? Or was it still more than that?

"Well, I'm here already. You don't expect me to walk 15 minutes back to the other building, do you? Plus, if I get caught by Yunho hyung wandering everywhere, he'll give me one long hell of a lecture, you know that," he replied in a matter-of-fact tone, nudging her gently.

Seeing there was no way to get rid of the man she had once loved, she sighed in defeat, loosening her hand out from his.

"Fine, if that's what you want," she pouted. "Race you there!"

And she ran, leaving him in a shock state as she ran further and further away from him.

But Junsu didn't follow, he didn't run, he didn't go after her...

...because seeing the girl he loves on the other side of the hallway, with such great distance from each other, reminded him how he backed away from the chance that was given to him two years ago.

How he turned his back and continued his path without her,

how he lost her the first time,

the time where he suffered under regret and pain.