Chapter Six

Her Chocolate Eyes

"He didn't look well, so I told him to stay until you pick him up. Are you not able to?" Junsu laid on the couch sleepily, too tired to pay attention to what was going on around him. He knew RiIn was on the phone, talking to someone; probably to one of his hyungs.

"Oh. Okay. No, I understand. It's fine oppa. Yes, yes. Oppa go to sleep!" She scolded then laughed.

"Please don't tell me he's staying here," Ara enters the living room, eating from a tub of ice cream. 

RiIn stared at the ice cream in her hands before shaking her head disapprovingly. Maybe it was that time of the month again.

"He has to," she paused when Junsu shifted around the couch. "Manager oppa doesn't want them out at this time anymore, and he agreed to let Junsu stay here for the night."

"Oh come on!" Ara whined. By this time Junsu was fully awake, he just pretended to be asleep; he wanted to know what was going on between himself and Ara.

"Ara," RiIn sighed tiredly. "What's wrong? Why are you angry at him?"

Ara stood quietly to herself as she glanced at Junsu. RiIn watched her silently and noted her roommate's irritated glance towards the man on the couch.

"Never mind. He's sleeping on the couch, and don't you dare let him in the kitchen. If I catch him, I'll cut off his balls," Ara gritted.

Junsu shivered slightly. He never knew she could act like this.

RiIn sighed again and let her off. Knowing Ara, she wouldn't say a word even if someone forced her to.

"There's a spare room. He can sleep there; the couch is too uncomfortable."

"RiIn, he's either on this couch, or out the door," Ara pointed before stomping back to their room.

Junsu had his right eye opened slightly. He almost smiled when he saw her pout cutely. He yawned slightly, causing her to turn towards him. He sat up slowly while rubbing his eyes, pretending that he has just woken up.

"Sorry, we were being loud, weren't we?"

"Yeah, kind of," he faked a frown, making her smile embarrassingly. "I'm kidding," he chuckled.

"Junsu, you have to stay here for the night, your hyungs and manager oppa says so. It's really late now, and I'm not sure you feel well yet, so I won't take the chance of you driving back to your apartment--"

"RiIn," he cut her off as he stood up, closing their distance. RiIn leaned back slightly, creating space in between them. "You worry too much," he replied huskily.

"Hey, of course I'll be worried, you're my friend," she said defensively.

Junsu felt a slight pang on his chest. "Right," he said in a whisper.

She looked back at his eyes. They were full of disappointment. But why?

"And," she pointed behind him towards the couch, breaking their moment of comfort silence. "You sleep on the couch. Ara...well she has problems. I would tell you to sleep in the spare room we have, but she might do something to you."

He laughed quietly, ignoring the pain lingering in his heart. "It's all good, I'll sleep on the couch. It's not my apartment after all."

"I'll go get you a spare blanket," she pushed him away slightly before walking away towards the hall.

Junsu slid himself towards the floor, his back against the couch, his elbows on his knees and head hung in between. 

A...friend?

So that was all he was to her, huh?

A friend.

 

God, it hurts.