Promise

Kissing The Bully
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

You sat in the cold evening on the edge of the bridge facing the river. You’d been sitting there for 3 hours. You cried there. It was Saturday but why you had to meet that jerk. Can’t you have a break from him just for a day? You hit the road to release your anger.

He stepped slowly towards you. You startled and glanced at his feet. “Dongjun…” You whispered and looked back to the river. ‘Ahem’ He cleared his throat. “What do you want?” you asked without looking at his face. You wiped your tears away.

He sat next to you. “Anyeong.” He waved his hands to you friendly. You glared at him and he smiled at you. You let out a breath. “How did you know I’m here?”

He smiled. “I didn’t.” you glanced at him in confusion. “I always came here every Saturday evening.” You rolled your eyes. “Are you mad at me?”

You shifted your sight to the flowing water. “Why should I mad at you?” “For making Siwan took Jiyeon away?” you sighed. “And?” you asked without looking at his face. “And? Uh, because I told my hyungs that we were dating just now?” your eyes widened. “And?” you were still searching for the exact correct answer that was in your mind. He inhaled deeply. “Umm, what else?” he thought hard. ‘Aha!’ “Because I was joking with Jiyeon!” he spoke out. “Because you laughed at me at Jiyeon’s story! I’m also mad at her for telling you that!” you cupped your face with your hands.

Dongjun looked at you with wide eyes. “Yah, are you embarrassed at that story?” “It was humiliating, you know!” you yelled with your still cupped face. “What are you embarrassed about?” he asked, trying to peek at your face.

You bit your lips and un cupped your face. You slowly looked up at him. He smiled as he saw those two pairs of big round eyes of yours. “I have lots of story that was really embarrassing than that one. Yet, I don’t feel a shame of it.” He smiled sweetly. You looked at him with hopes. “What was it?” you asked, curious to know.

“Mm… you really want to know?” you nodded your head. ‘At least I’m not the only one who’ll be embarrassed of a story.’ You thought, evilly. “Okay, promise me you wouldn’t laugh.” He showed his pinkie. You smirked and wrapped your pinkie around his.

“Alright, hmm, which one?” he put his fingers below his chin. “I know it was wrong, but one night, Minwoo, Siwan and I decided to drive to this boy’s house and write mean things on his car windows with permanent markers. They ended up chickening out, but I grabbed the marker and bravely walked out to his Land Ranger. I was about to write on the windows when I peered real hard inside—and saw him and another girl staring back at me with weird looks on their faces. Then I spontaneously screamed and ran back into Siwan’s car as fast as I could! We floored it and started cracking up! It was crazy you know.” Your jaws fell. “Jinjja?” you laughed. “Yah, mitchil~” “Yah, you promised me that you wouldn’t laugh.” you smiled showing your rabbit’s teeth.

“Why did you want to do that?” you asked, still holding your laughter. “Well, he’s our enemy actually. We always fought each time we met. He threw our condo’s windows and Junyoung hyung’s bike with paints! So I pissed off a bit.” He smiled blushing.

“That was funny.” You smiled.

“Who is he?” He shifted his sight to you. “Mm, no one.” He shook his head and chuckled. “Well, just forget about it, okay?” he smiled. “What about you? Who’s the crush?” you looked at him with wide eyes. “Wae?” “Hey, tell me. I wanna know.” You smiled bitterly and looked down. “He’s no one.” “Yah, please~” You looked at him. He made puppy-dog eyes. You smiled.

“Why should I tell you?” “Because you are my girlfriend remember?” you pushed his arm away. “Mitchil. I’m not your girlfriend.” He laughed. “Araso. Araso.” He smiled. “C’mon, tell me. I promise I’ll keep it a secret.”

“Yae? Okay. Well, he’s supposed to be our sunbae last year, but he moved to another school.” “Last year? Nugujyo?” You puckered your lips. “That’s all I can tell.” you giggled.

“You still like him?” he asked. “Mm…” you played with your fingers. “I think so.” you bit your lips. He smiled bitterly. ‘Kwaenchana, Dongjun ah.’

He looked at you and he placed his hand in front of you. You looked at him. “C’mon.” he smiled. You smirked and reached out for his hand. He squeezed your hand gently. “Kaja.” He pulled you under the bridge. “O…odiga?” you startled and your eyes widened. He smiled at your funny reactions. “It’s nothing. Come on. You’ll be find, as long as you’re with me.” he pulled you under and you followed. Both of you walked farther from the bridge. He pulled you nearer to the river bank. The wind was blowing strongly. You could feel the cold on your spine. You shivered.

The wind blew towards you and flipped your hair behind. “It’s cold.” You whispered. He looked at you. You shut your eyes and enjoyed the breeze. You opened your eye lids and looked to the river. “God, it is so beautiful. Dongjun, it looks even beautiful here.” You held his arms excitedly. “~~~~~, look in the water.” He whispered. You shifted your sight to the water and you were amazed by the colorful fishes gathered near the river bank in front of you and Dongjun.

“Dongjun, look at that!” you excitedly pointed to the fishes. You were jumping up and down excitedly and shrieked. You startled as he put one of his fingers on your lips. “You’ll scare the fishes away.” He whispered. You blushed and nodded slowly.

You shifted your sight in front of you. Your eyes got wider and so did your mouth. ‘The sunset.’ You were amazed. Dongjun pulled you nearer to the river and both of you sat on the grass facing the beautiful sunset. You couldn’t take your eyes of the sun. Your lips slowly carved a smile. “We can see sunset here?” You asked in amazement. “Over there is the ocean.” He pointed to where the sunset sets.

“How did you find this place?” you asked with sparkling eyes. He smiled and looked at you. “I…” he bowed down his head. He paused q

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter