ONE

About This Woman

"If I'd be so inclined to climb up beside you
Would you tell me
That the time just isn't right
And if i ever find the key you hide so well
Will you tell me
That I can spend the night

Leaving your smell on my coat
Leaving your taste on my shoulder
I still fail to understand
What it is about this woman"

~ "Woman" by Maroon 5

Dara and Amber - About This Woman

~ image credit to: cesspadilla

 

 

It was 7am in the morning when her flight touchdown in Incheon Airport in Korea. Actually she doesn’t have any recollection leaving here, because she’s been away from this place for about twenty years and now she’s twenty five years old and a little curious what’s in Korea that most people wants to visit.

She was just five years old when her whole family migrated in New York because of their family business and they need to venture in other country so her Father choose New York because it’s good for their clothing business.

Now it is the same reason why she needs to go back because she now has her own clothing line, she thought maybe it runs in the blood to be involved in this kind of business. So she needs to expand her business associates in Asia and her instincts telling her that there is more demand when it comes to fashion here in Korea, so she decided to take a risk living in a culture that she haven’t embraced yet.

 

She walk gorgeously inside the airport that she haven’t notice that people everywhere in the airport are star struck and eyeing on her beauty and every move that she make like they’ve seen a not so typical Korean but a living human Goddess instead.

 

She got her phone and dialed a number, “Hello this is Dara Park may I speak with Ms. Amber Liu?“

 

She speaks with a very business-like tone.

 

“Yes... who is this?” The other line ask her.

 

“I just did tell you my name haven’t I?” She questioned the girl on the line.

 

But before the girl could answer her question she cut her off immediately.

 

“Okay for your pleasure, I’ll repeat it for you; This is Dara Park the owner of Dazed Clothing Line base in New York. Now may I speak with Ms. Amber Liu if you do mind?”

 

She said with a pinch of irritation for the woman who just wasted her little time.

 

“Oh aaah! I’m sorry miss I’ll get her on the other line,” The woman stuttered a little with Dara’s answer.

 

“Good to know,” Dara said with a bored and tired tone.

 

 

The secretary went and knock on the door before she came in to Amber's office. “Ms. Amber you have a call she said she’s Ms. Dara Park the owner of Daaaay… de… dame… da.. I forgot I’m sorry…”

 

Before she could even utter more excuses for forgetting the companies name. Amber rush to pick up the phone in her table and forget what she was doing and answered the call immediately.

 

“Hello??? Dara? Is that really you?” Amber asked in with a hint of excitement and anticipation.

 

“Yes who else? Why do have any Dara do you know in your whole life?” she said.

 

“Still got that hot tongue of yours huh?” she answered with a smirk.

 

“Well for starters your secretary did ask may name twice and stuttered along the way, you know me when I don’t have enough sleep I don’t really have that long patience. Plus, I haven’t sleep well in the plane. So if you don’t mind can you pick me up here in the airport because I want to have a goodnight sleep in a comfortable bed.” Dara said without a pause of breath.

 

“Maybe that’s why my secretary stuttered just telling me who’s on the line and can’t even remember your companies name,” Amber told her while laughing a little.

 

“But soon enough died down when she remembered what Dara just told her”

 

“Wait… WHHHHAAAAATTTT??? Airport??? Plane? Pick you up? Are you telling me your there at Incheon airport? You’re kidding right?” She bombarded Dara with many question that she haven’t notice because of the sudden shock of the news that she just got.

 

“What kind of air do you breathe in your office? You and your secretary are kind of having the same symptoms,” she said with a mocking tone. “Where else in the world, you dimwit! Why would I ask you to pick me up if I’m still in New York! I’ll wait for you, so get your fat here in a blink, arrasso?” and she ended the call.

 

Amber was so shock that she couldn’t utter a word and just nod as if Dara can see her.

 

"(Aissshhh! This girl is full of surprises,)" but got a wide smile on her face after she put down the phone.

 

Amber told her secretary to cancel all her client meetings for the rest of the day because she misses Dara a lot and a whole day is not enough to fill two years that they haven’t seen each other. She got her keys and went to the airport in a rush.

 

  

Dara and Amber were classmates in Parsons, the New School for Design in New York. It’s one of the best schools in the whole world when it comes to fashion. So you can say you’re a pretty talented designer if you pass in this school. They became close because that time there the only one’s who has an Asian blood among their classmates so they click in an instant.

 

Unlike Dara, Amber didn’t grow up in New York. She just went there to study in Parsons. She has a full Chinese blood but she was brought up in Korea because her grandparents live there. Ever since her parents divorced her grandparents was the only one who supported her. So now she supports herself after she graduated she applied in one of the biggest entertainment company in Korea and got hired. She’s now a successful in-house fashion designer for SM Entertainment here in Korea.

 

Amber always kept her feelings but she knows there is something different about her. Like she’s not into dressing like a Barbie doll herself; she hates pink and other girly stuff because she’s much comfortable wearing jeans and snickers. An odd thing to say because most of her designs are dresses for ladies, but it never got into her mind to try her own work… Not a bit.

 

She tried to date many men before but it never clicked onto her that she was never really in to men. But when the first time she saw Dara she was mesmerized by her beauty and wits. So she knows she’s in deep sh*t this time and she doesn’t know if she should continue what she feels and go with her guts that is telling her that she has madly fallen for Sandara Park.

 

 

 

 

 

written by Ashkji

Please subscribe!!! :)