Five

Training the untrainable

After one hour of eating, chatting and joking around, the 14 are in a significantly better mood than earlier that day. All the other students left the Dining Hall about half an hour ago, but they were having too much fun to notice.

"So," Hara says, clapping her hands and standing up, "is everyone ready to see their new dorms?"

"Yes!" They chorus, jumping up and down like little children. Niel, Ricky and Changjo start yelling and flailing their arms in excitement, evidently having consumed too much sugar.

"Alright, then! Let's do this!" Hara says, gesturing for them all to lead the way, Hara and Joon bringing up at the rear.

The group walks close together, joking around and laughing, having piggyback races with one another.

Joon lightly nudges Hara as she smiles, watching them having fun together.

"The look on your face," he says, smiling as he watches her, "It's like a parent watching their children on Christmas morning. And yet you pretend that you don't care." He says, leaning closer to her as he talks so the others won't hear.

"I don't care. It just makes my job easier when they get along well." Hara says, as she stops smiling.

As she says that, Ricky, who is giving Changjo a piggyback ride, trips over his own feet and almost sends them both sprawling onto the hard ground. A strong wind picks up, however, and lifts them up into their original positions before they can injure themselves. They look around in confusion, wondering how a wind tunnel was just created inside the school.

"Oh yeah, you totally don't care." Joon says sarcastically, poking Hara in the side, making her squeal.

"Hey, are you guys dating?" Naeun suddenly asks as she walks backwards, looking at Joon as now he has Hara in a headlock.

Joon suddenly lets go of Hara and they both stand up straight, Hara smoothing out her creased clothing.

The others have stopped walking and are waiting for Joon and Hara to catch up to them and answer Naeun's question.

"Ew! What? Of course not!" Hara says, smoothing her hair down as she walks past the group, now leading them.

""Ew"?" Joon repeats, jogging to catch up to Hara and raising an eyebrow at her, "Really?"

She just shrugs and smiles, tempted to teleport them all to the dorms to end the conversation.

"Well, people are probably going to think that you are a couple! Especially because you spend all your time together!" Ricky says, wiggling his eyebrows suggestively.

"Yeah! People won't think it's weird for us to spend time together because we could just be a big group of friends, but you guys will need to have a bit more skinship if you don't want people to think something weird is going on!" Eunji says, clasping her hands together as she dreams of all the romantic situations she will force the pair into.

"More skinship?" Joon repeats, looking at Hara to see how he should react.

"Or," Hara says, coming to a stop at the end of a hallway with two large doors on either side, "we could just stop spending so much time together!", laughing evilly at Eunji's crestfallen face.

"Boys: this is your door on the right. Inside is your living area, kitchen and bathroom, with doors leading to your individual bedrooms. Girls: our dorms are through this door." She finishes, gesturing to the door on the left. 

"So, goodnight and we shall see you in the morning!" Hara says, waving to the boys as she opens the door to the girls' common room.

The girls walk into their dorm in single file, jaws dropping as they take in their spacious surroundings.

"This. Is. AMAZING!" Eunji squeals as the others nod emphatically in agreement.

"Rooms have already been assigned based on your preferences and your belongings are in your rooms. Try and get a good night's sleep tonight, okay girls?" Hara says, making her way towards her room.

"Yes, Hara-ssi!" They chorus, squealing as they run around the open area, jumping onto the couches and lying down on bean bags.

Hara laughs at them as she opens the door to her room, nodding in approval at the elegant decor.

She runs her fingers over the large window sill, breathing in the smell of roses that is no doubt there just to cover up the fresh paint smell. 

"Headmaster Lee did pretty well!" She whispers, satisfied that he received all of her mental instructions.

She opens up the doors to her walk-in-robe to admire the closet space, a dream-like smile glued to her face.

She spies another door on the far side of her room and begins to make her way over to it, wondering what it could be.

I didn't ask Headmaster Lee for anything else! she muses.

But I did! Joon's voice echoes in her head.

The door suddenly swings open as Joon stands their, leaning against the door frame.

"Hey there, neighbour!" Joon says, winking.

"You are such a creep, Lee Changsun!" Hara says, flicking him on the forehead.

"Better me than someone else though, right?" he asks, trying to use his aegyo on her.

"Yeah, I gue---" Hara starts, before looking closer at the door.

"Yah! You had this door put in yesterday!" She says, shaking her head at him. "You're getting too confident, Lee Changsun. Who does that, anyway? Joins their room to someone else's?" she says, putting her hand on her hip as she stares him down, determined to ignore his aegyo.

"I'm your bodyguard! I thought that this way I could protect you whenever you need help! Also, don't take this the wrong way, but I think that you may be overusing your powers." He adds, figuring that he was on a roll, so why not bring it up.

"But who will be able to protect me from you?" she asks, raising an eyebrow and pretending to not hear his last comment, although she worries that she may, in fact, be using her powers too often.

"Ouch, you really know how to hurt a guy!" He says, holding his hand over his heart as though he was just shot.

Hara rolls her eyes at him and walks back to her wardrobe, making the door shut as she walks back.

"Goodnight, Joon." she calls back to him.

Goodnight Hara. He replies in her head.


The next morning, Hara's internal clock wakes her up to get ready for breakfast.

She showers in her own private ensuite before changing into her school uniform and doing her hair.

Walking out into the common room, Hara notices the lack of activity. She sighs, realizing that she will have to wake everybody up. She is tempted to send a bucket load of ice-cold water over everyone's heads, but decides against it in case that puts everyone in a bad mood for the day.

Approaching each of the girls' bedrooms, Hara knocks before silently entering, walking up to their beds and lightly shaking them awake, only using her powers to ease them into the morning; nothing extreme, remembering Joon's warning last night.

As they each get up to prepare for school, Hara crosses the hall and knocks on the door to the boys' dorms.
When there is no response, Hara slowly opens their door and takes in their common room. They've been living there for less than 24 hours and their dorm already has that distinct masculine smell. If the smell wasn't enough, they also have a large gaming area, a pool table, foosball table, air hockey table and pretty much every gaming console you could think of; all signs that she is in a male living area.

Hara shakes her head as she approaches the first door, hoping that she will not be scarred for life.

Behind door number one, CAP lays spread out on his stomach, covering most of his double bed. Hara silently approaches him and pokes him slowly, before quickly backing off. When he doesn't move, she does the same thing. When, again, he gives no sign of waking up, Hara shakes him lightly.

"CAP? CAP? It's time to wake up!" She says gently. 

His eyes slowly open as he looks at her, smiling serenely.

"Thank you!" He says quietly, slowly rising from his bed.

Hara then leaves to go to the next room, making a mental note not to calm them down too much.

Opening the next door, Hara is surprised to find it empty.

Good. It seems that someone else was able to wake up by themselves! she thinks, satisfied that there is one less person to wake up.

After knocking on the next door and opening it, Hara face palms as she takes back her previous thought.

Ricky and Changjo, it appears, decided that they didn't need two seperate rooms as they wanted to bunk with one another. How they managed to do it is a mystery to Hara, as all beds were specifically requested as single story beds. 

She approaches Ricky on the bottom bunk first, gently shaking him awake.

He rubs his eyes and looks around in confusion, Hara trying extremely hard to not go crazy because of his cuteness. She smiles at him as he looks at her innocently, before he slowly pulls his blanket up to his chin. Hara then blushes, realizing that he wasn't wearing a shirt. Ricky smiles awkwardly at her as he kicks the bed above him, hoping that Changjo will save him from embarassment.

Hara gets off Ricky's bed and wonders whether to climb up to Changjo's bed or just stand on the edge of Ricky's to wake him up. As she is contemplating, Ricky quickly slips off his bed with his blanket wrapped around his waist as he runs to his wardrobe, tripping over a pair of shoes as he makes his dash.

Instinctively, Hara goes to help Ricky up but stops and forces herself to look away as she realizes that he was not wearing another item of clothing too. As her blush deepens, she hears the bunk bed creak and she looks up in time to see Changjo rolling over the side of the top bunk that has no rail. 

Usually, Hara has the quickest reflexes and is great at thinking on her feet; but there's something about witnessing a guy in just a pair of boxers crawl to hide behind a bookshelf that has a tendency to throw a girl off. Therefore, Hara found herself doing the first thing she could think of as the topless (and possibly pantless ... yep, pantless) body of a 17 year old boy comes hurtling towards her... she screams.

As Hara hits the floor, she hears doors slam and people shout and come running. Hara slowly opens her eyes that she'd been squeezing tight to look around her as things suddenly fall completely silent.

At the door to Ricky's room stand the six girls in their school uniform, CAP in his uniform in the midst of tying his tie, L.Joe in his pyjamas brushing his teeth, Chunji with just a towel around his waist and Joon, topless and wearing the exact same WTF expression that is on everyone's face.

Understandable, Hara thinks, considering how this looks. She moves her hands from her side and wriggles them under Changjo's chest, slowly pushing his body off of hers. His head, that initially landed right next to Hara's, is now right above Hara's, where she now notices one of his eyes quickly close. 

"Yah!" She yells at him, wondering how long he has been awake for, shoving him backwards. Hara, not wanting to hurt him, didn't use much strength, causing Changjo to fall back on top of her, where, this time, his head doesn't fall next to, rather, on top of hers, his lips crashing onto hers as he falls.

Hara would have pushed him off herself, but considering his lack of clothing, Hara figured that it would be best if she didn't touch him in case she ... touched him. Not that she would have had the chance to, anyway....Push him off, that is.

Just as suddenly as he had fallen on her, Changjo was lifted off her. Hara rolls to the side and stands up as she watches Joon throw Changjo onto Ricky's bed, his jaw and fists clenched. Changjo lifts up Ricky's pillow to hold in front of him, covering himself up.

"Breakfast time!" Hara quickly says, teleporting out of the room and awkward situation.

The others all file out of the room, Ricky (now dressed in his uniform) turning around to Changjo.

"Dude, you're keeping that pillow." he says, pulling a face before squealing and running out of the room as the pillow flies at his head.