insecurity breeds

I’m trying to break away (from eternity)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was in combat training that Yixing first came across Luhan.  It wasn’t really combat anyway, since Yixing had no abilities that could harm other people.  He was more of a living punching bag.

Luhan at the time, was a lot smaller and very malnourished.  The only thing that looked alive about him was his mess of hair.  His thick and frizzy hair made him recognisable from a mile away.  Like him and many other of the children imprisoned in the facility, he was quiet and submissive.  Like a broken toy that could not be fixed no matter how many times someone tried to repair it.  The only motivation to fight was the fear of being punished.  It was cruel and inhumane.  It was not strange to see some of the children starting to go crazy.

Yixing suspected Luhan was put against him because the other children had probably pulverised him, seeing how weak he was. 

They had stood facing each other.  Yixing as usual would wait until his opponent made his move.  After all, that was all he could do.  Let the opponent exhaust their own powers and that was how he would win.  But Luhan didn’t do anything or it didn’t seem like he was.  He just stared at Yixing blankly.

Tired of waiting and wanting to have this over and done with, Yixing finally spoke up with his arms wide open, “Shouldn’t you attack me?”

Luhan didn’t respond and continued standing there without a word. 

“If you don’t listen to their orders, they will punish you.  Quickly use your powers on me.”  Yixing continued to say.  It really didn’t matter who won or lost.  The only important thing was doing as they were told, else there would be a punishment for disobeying.

“I can’t.”  He finally replied, his voice

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter