beating time

I’m trying to break away (from eternity)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s not that Wufan doesn’t trust Yixing.  It’s that he doesn’t trust himself.  He’s afraid of losing Yixing so much.  He’s afraid of leaving Yixing by himself. 

When he had found out that Yixing would live for eternity, it was news that shocked Wufan so much that he knew he had to get Yixing out of the place they were trapped in.  He wanted to save Yixing.  Wufan did not want Yixing to be trapped in a place to be kept as lab rats forever.  There was no problem for him, he would die eventually but it pained him that Yixing would be stuck forever.  He knew Yixing was the type to accept the destiny that was handed to him.

But Wufan was different.  He now had a clear goal.  He had a friend to save.  He also knew that Yixing was good friends with Luhan.  But Wufan’s only priority was Yixing.  Anyone else was just an obstacle he had to remove.  If only Wufan knew how much this kind of thinking would cost him in the future.

Yixing stood dumbfounded at Wufan’s appearance in his would-have been peaceful scroll around the farm fields.  Once he had composed himself, he took a deep breath before turning to Wufan and said,  “Let’s go into the house to talk.”

Wufan had not said much more as if giving Yixing some time to absorb all the new information.  As they entered Yixing’s humble home, which stood as the lone building at the top of the hill, Wufan looked around in interest.

“You live alone?”  He asked. 

“No, the children are at school.  They will be back later.” Yixing answered as he boiled a pot of water.

Wufan didn’t care that there was an uncomfortable distance between h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter