Thin air

These lights

"Tell me that you'll love me forever

Or go without another word,

with our hands holding tight together

Out into a new world"

-Aqualung "Thin air"

SOOHYUNS POV

    I woke up with my face buried in a familiar scent. I nuzzled my face further into his hair and squeezed the lanky frame within my arms. He grunted and shifted around his face colliding with mine. Realizing he was not sleeping alone he opened his sleep swollen eyes slowly. "Hyung," He moans out sleepily and his lips lightly graze mine. I smile at this and squeeze him tighter. "Good morning Dong-yah." I say to him but he only grunts burying his face into my neck.

   I lift one of my hands up to play with his tangled hair. "Shouldn't we get up, are you not hungry?" He pushes into me even more. I laugh quietly. "Babo we can't stay like this forever," I start. "Why not?" He whines. I kiss the top of his head and then lift his chin up to kiss his nose and then his lips. He kisses me back. "Are you awake now?" I playfully . His eyes open and he smiles a heart-melting smile. I feel as though he is to perfect like a dream and kiss him again to confirm that he's real.

  We finally make it out of bed and grab our things to get ready in the bathroom. I open the door to a disgruntled Kiseop tapping his foot with his hands on his hips and Kevin behind him urging him to go. "What did you do with my baby last night? I thought we agreed that you guys take it slow?" Mine and Donghos cheeks blush. "Ani, ani Kiseop-ah it's not like that I swear!" I quickly defend myself. Wait why am I defending myself I'm the leader! "Dongho-yah start walking." Dongho listens and Kiseop watches him for a while. "Ok I believe." He says. "Hyung!" Dongho yells in realization and my jaw drops. Kevin slaps him on the arm. "Oh my gosh really Kiseop!" He drags Kiseop away leaving me and Dongho slightly embarrassed.

DONGHOS POV

   I know that we've done this several times before together but I can't help but smile as we brush our teeth together and get ready for the day. Somehow it made me feel like we were a real couple. Like a real boyfriend and...boyfriend? I mouth the word quietly to myself and supress a giggle. I have a boyfriend and he is Soohyun I think to myself over and over. Even though it has happened so sudden I feel like I have always loved him. I steal a glance at him and he is looking at me with a smirk. "What is wrong with you? I've been watching you for the last five minutes and your giggling and smiling like a school girl." He laughs and smiles at me ruffleing my hair in the process.

   "I was thinking about my boyfriend." I smile brightly at him and he is surprised by my answer but then quickly smiles at me leaning down to kiss me lightly on the forehead. "And your boyfriend thinks about you too." He grabs my wrist and laces his fingers with mine holding me tightly and leading me to breakfast. Soohyun is still holding my hand as we greet the other members. I shouldn't be embarressed after the kiss we shared in front of them but I can't help but to blush and avoid direct eye contact.

   "Good morning Dongho-yah!" Eli says to me in a teasing voice. I shoot him an evil glare. "So we don't even get a thank you?" Kiseop says pointing to himself and Kevin. I face palm remembering the events of last night. Soohyun looked at them questioningly. "We pushed Dongho into you so that he would have to break the silence between you guys, if it wasn't for us Dongo wouldn't have forgiven you and you wouldn't have been able to confess so cooly like that." Kiseop harumpfs and Kevin smiles at me. "Mianhe maknae." Kevin says with an aegyo. "Thank you hyungs." I say leaning into Soohyun.

   Hoon and Eli make "awwwe" sounds at us and I hear AJ hyung clear his throat. He gets up from the table before giving one last glance to...Kiseop hyung? He excuses himself quietly and heads to his room. Ever since the new sleeping arragement he has been different. I wonder if he doesn't like my old room even though I made sure that everyhting was clean before he moved in. "Dongho-yah what's wrong?" Soohyun asks me breaking me from my thoughts. "It's nothing." I say and continue to eat my breakfast.

SOOHYUNS POV

   After all the drama Dongho has suffered because of me I wanted to do something for him. I wanted to show him how much he meant to me. My only problem was getting away from him so that I could. I thought about all the excuses I could give him to make him stay home but they were all obvious lies. Instead I needed someone to distract him. I texted the first person that came to mind. 

To: Kebin

I need you to distract Dongho while I'm at the mall down the street from the dorm. Do what you need to I'm counting on you.

....

To: Soohyun

Ok you got it but umm care to let me know what's going on?

...

To: Kebin

Sorry I can't let you know.

   I couldn't tell Kevin my plans I knew he couldn't keep a secret when excited or upset about something. I was already on my way when I texted him. I didn't even say goodbye to Dongho before I left I didn't want him to get suspicious of my plans. I smiled almost the whole way here I couldn't wait for tonight.

DONGHOS POV

   I had only gone to the bathroom for a short while and Soohyun had already disappeared. He didn't say anything to me about going anywhere not even a goodbye. I know we have our own lives but I was still kind of upset with him. I looked around for my other hyungs but everyone seemed to have gone out. Thanks for inviting me guys, I think to myself. "Dongho-yah!" I hear Kevin hyung call out. I was happy at least one pearson hadn't forgotten me. "Dongho-yah let's go to the mall!" He looked at me excitedly. All this over a mall trip? We've gone so many times this break.

   "Sure hyung but have you seen Soohyun hyung? He didn't say anything to me and just disappeared." I pouted. "Umm no I don't know anything...he didn't say anything to me." I thanked him anyways and then we were off to the mall. We went to the mall closest to our dorm. Kevin hyung kept looking around suspiciously. If he was worried about fans then why did we even come? I igorned it and did some shopping of my own.

   We ate lunch together at a food court and luckily we weren't harrassed by fans. Kevun hyung even bought me a few things even though I insisted that I buy it myself. "Just think of it as an apology gift for Kiseop and I giving you and Soohyun such a hard time." He smiled at me and I thanked him again. The whole day I couldn't stop thinking about Soohyun. I wanted him to be here, I wanted him to at least answer my texts.

    I waited but never a reply. I sighed loudly and Kevin hyung asked me what was wrong. I explained to him that I was worried about Soohyun hyung and that maybe I did something wrong. "I'm sure everything is ok. You know how he is sometimes when he has things to take care of, he never wants to burden us so he deals with it alone." I know he was trying to comfort me but somehow he made me worry more.

   We continued through the mall and Kevin hyung still searched like he was looking for someone. I turn my head in another direction and stop suddenly. I couldn't even close my eyes or look away. "Hyung, is this what you were looking for?" I manage to choke out. "What's that?" He turns and looks in the direction I'm frozen in. "Oh..." He says and looks to me I can feel him panicking but I stand there so numb that I'm not feeling anything I can't even cry.

   "Dongho-yah I'm sure it's nothing let's not misunderstand anything yet." he says. "It's nothing?" I say almost angrily. He's standing there and that noona and his mother are there with him. He bows and in his hand is a delicate gift bag from an exclusive jewelry company. That noona and his mother look really happy to see him and kevin hyung says it's nothing! He can't let me know where he's going and can't even say goodbye but it's just nothing!

   Not being able to stand it anymore I walk up to him not even sure of the expression on my own face. He looks surprised to see me and I slap him. His mother and the noona gasp. I walk away not saying a word to either of them. I hear his mother asking what was wrong with me and how can he except that kind of behaviour from his dongsaeng. He calls out to me and I can hear him not far behind me and I pick up my pace grabbing a shocked Kevin by his wrist and practically run away.

SOOHYUNS POV

    I try not to panick and I try not to get mad at anyone but when I asked him to distract Dongho did he think that bringing him here was the right idea? Even if my mother and the young woman wasn't here my plan for Dongho was suppose to be a secret. Either way I was caught even if Dongho didn't misunderstand what was going on the surprise had already been ruined. I look back at my mother. It's now or never. I look back in the direction of Dongho.

    I stopped chasing after him and let him disappear from my sight. I knew how sensitive he was I should have been more carefull. I feel so anguished. I imagine what he must be thinking and feeling. I walk back to my mother and she is still going on about Dongho. "Mother, I'm sorry but please don't bring her around me anymore?" I say looking at the young woman. I bow, "Mianhe."My mother frowns. "What are you saying?" I prepare for the worst but I have to do this for the one I love. "Mother, he's not my dongsaeng...anymore." I pause gathering my composure and say confidently, "He's my boyfriend."

   My mother stayed quiet with her lips pursed in a flat line. I coudn't exactly read the emotion in her eyes. "Mother...Miss, please try to understand my feelings." I bow again. "Don't worry about me I ship it." The young miss smiles at me and giggles. "S-Ship?" My mother says confusingly. "Mrs.Shin I'll explain it to you on our way home." She puts a comforting hand on my mothers shoulder. My eyes are still wide from her statement. My mother turns her attention to me once again. "Go to him." She says flatly and leaves with the young woman. I don't hesitate and dash through the mall running all the way back to the dorm.