Endings are just new beginnings right?

Behind the Scenes (REVAMPED)

Hey guys!! Qing here! Finally updating on this forgotten story (oops).

 

So after some consideration on my end, I just want to let you guys know that I have decided, with a heavy heart, that I will be deleting the current existing chapters on Behind the Scenes.

 

Okay hold up say what??? You haven't been updating and now you want to delete whatever little chapters you have?

 

I have my reasons for this, and I hope you guys stay with me throughout this part. I could have simply deleted this story and this account, and just started a new story if I really wanted to, but honestly, this story has a special place in my heart.

 

I started this story when I was a young, naive 15 year old who shipped Khuntoria so hard I just had to make a fanfic of them. In my mind, it made perfect sense. I was already a huge fan of several authors on this site, I loved Khuntoria and everything kpop, I even dreamed of becoming an idol some day, so why not just dive straight into a love story between my OTP then?

 

As for why this story has a darker theme than most other love stories in my head, it actually stems from my mother's constant nagging and dashing of my kpop idol dreams. 'Don't even think about getting into the entertainment industry. It's messier than you think.' Which inspired behind the scenes, and it's rather messy plot.

 

And it is a really messy plot, because like I said, I was 15 when I started this story. I'll be the first to admit that I do not have a clue where this story was going, and when the block finally struck, I had no idea how to get past this hurdle. I tried again and again, from my secondary school days, to my high school days, and now that I'm a third year undergraduate student, I really couldn't see a way out of this plot hole I've sunk my characters into.

 

So, why now? I don't know how many of the small number of original subscribers I have on this story are still following kpop news, and are still reading on this site, but for me, it has been a series of heartaches as a former fan of one particular generation of idols. First Jonghyun, then Sulli, and now Hara? One by one, I watched my favourite idols sink into depression and turn to suicide, and yet, some people in this world could still be so ignorant to such a pressing issue not just in the Korean entertainment industry, but for the rest of the world who may suffer from mental health problems as well.

 

This is why I want to rewrite Behind the Scenes. Yes, I want to rewrite it. When I started this story, I was a kid trying to write from the perspective of an adult. Now that I'm older (and hopefully wiser), I really want to use my story to move people, to help people in any way I can. I want to delve deeper into topics that are more mature than romance and (help what was I thinking why did nobody stop me). I want a safe space for me, and possibly for you, to confide in when problems occur, and to maybe find hope out of your dire situations.

 

What's going to happen to Behind the Scenes? I'll keep my main characters, but the plot would change drastically. I admit, I haven't been following kpop for the longest while now, and I'm no longer familiar with 2PM LOL. No worries though, Victoria and 2PM are all staying. 
 

Thank you, my handful of subscribers, for your kindest comments on this story. I hope that you can give this story a second chance, and I hope that I would not disappoint you this time round. I hope all of you have a very very blessed day ahead of you <3

Love

Qing~