Falling leaves

The first love,
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Present

“What a nice weather!” Ailee said as she opens her arms wide, as though she’s feeling the sunlight. I take a sit under a shady tree. I leaned my back at the tree as I watch Ailee spinning around freely. I really admire her free-spirit. She then lie beside me, putting her right arm on her forehead. Panting a bit, maybe tired of the spinning.  I laugh as I look at her out of breath.

“I love summer the most.” she said suddenly while looking at me.

“Yeah, me too” I said as I take a sip of the grape juice.

“You liar, you love fall the most. Remember ?” Ailee replied with a smirk on her face. I grin widely as I remember, I do love fall the most

flashback; middle school, 3rd Grade

It was fall that time. The green-turned-orange coloured leaves fell endlessly on the ground. I was sitting by the window in my classroom as I picked a dried leave. From here, I could clearly see the boys are playing basketball at the field. My eyes start searching for a familiar skinny figure. When I spotted him, I could see he was playing seriously, dribbling the ball away from the other team. He was laughing as one of his friends literally was rolling on the ground, trying to snatch the ball from the other team. Suddenly our gaze met. He grinned widely as he waved his hands towards me. I immediately hide behind the curtain. I could feel my heart beating fast to the extent I could hear my own heartbeat.

'Did he really saw me?' That was my thought. I hadn’t talk to him for a while since we were in different class. We were a good friend back in 2nd grade. Only if I realize this feeling earlier. *sigh*

The school finished. I was walking, linking arm with Ailee. We were planning to go home together, like we always do. We were talking about random things. As I lifted my head, then I saw Chen leaning against the gate, waiting for someone. Maybe it’s his friends he was waiting for. I changed my gaze towards other direction, afraid if he caught me looking at him when I heard him called me, “Miyoung-ah.” It couldn’t be true, I thought. “Kim Mi Young!” he shouted. This time, Ailee nudged my elbow, glancing towards Chen who’s coming towards us.

“Did..did you just called me?” I asked, flustered a bit. He nodded, panting softly.

“Can I join you to go home?” he asked. Looking at me, with eyes full of hopes.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter