Grief

The first love,
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Present

I look into the mirror. Fixing my fringe a bit, observing my face. I can see my cheekbone clearly now. My face, it sunken a bit. Maybe it’s because I work part-time job and study at the same time. I must be exhausted already, physically. I check into my dress for a few times. I can hear Ailee just yawn. She just woke up from her deep sleep.

“Where are you going?” she asked between her yawning.

“To meet Jongdae.” I said, still look into the mirror. Ailee seems surprise by my statement.

“Do you need a company?” she asked, concerned of me. I just shook my head and throw an assuring smile means that I am okay.

“Yeah, you should. It’s been a long time.” She said as she gets up, walking towards the bathroom. I put my brown satchel bag over my right shoulder. Get ready to leave.

“Send my regard to him.” I heard Ailee said from inside the bathroom.

As I walk pass the streets, I drop by a florist shop. Then, I fetch a taxi to meet him. It feels a long journey to me, even though it’s just 30 minutes away. Whatever it’s I have to face it, face the reality. I think that, convincing myself.

“Anneyong Jongdae-ah. It’s been a long time.” I said as I put a bouquet of baby’s breath flower on his tomb. Yes, it’s been a long time since his funeral.

 

Flashback

“Miyoung-ah…Chen..he….” I heard clearly. It was a shaky voice of his mother. I waved my hand towards the street, attempted to fetch a taxi.

“He got…into an accident…” words by words, I tried to comprehend the thing I just heard. I played with my bag’s strap nervously as I got into the taxi.

“it was a hit-and-run…” Her voices kept playing in my mind. I got off the taxi as soon as I arrived the hospital. I looked around, confused of where should I go.

I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter