Chapter 4

XOXO

I really am a fool. Why did I ever love him?! Omma’s right. If we go to extremes we end up getting hurt. Jungmin~ah! Why did you confess? If you haven’t confessed and kept it only with you we wouldn’t end up hating each other. You are my best friend! You were the one who was with me through my ups and downs. I’m nothing without you.

You know everything about me. You know how my feelings are and yet you play with them! What kind of a best friend are you?

No! I don’t want to blame you. It’s all my fault. I wanted to love you.

Beep

Jungmin!!

“No phones in the library!” our librarian shouted.

Oops. I forgot to change the mode to silent.

Hey sry I wasn’t there 2 pick u up 2day. Come 2 da rooftop now.

I gathered my books and went out of the library.

I smiled while heading out. Oh he’s going to make it up to me! Rooftop has been our secret hiding place. It was Jungmin who found it.

Every time we want to stay out of drama we come here.

Fortunately, Su-Jung doesn’t know about this place. She’s been acting weird recently around Jungmin.

She was happy when Jungmin’s family moved next door. But she wasn’t acting weird like that. It’s not like she’s fallen for him. She always treated him as a brother. I don’t know what happened to her.

It’s like she wants Jungmin to treat her as his girlfriend, though she’s one year older than us.

“You are like my own eonnie, that’s all” once Jungmin said to her. But she doesn’t seem to be accepting it.

I saw Jungmin sitting on the table facing the city, thinking hard about something. He didn’t even hear me coming to him.

“So you left me behind today!” I said standing next to the swing.

Gasping he turned quickly.

 

“God Sumin~ah! You scared me to death!” I laughed and sat next to him. Jungmin looked nervous. Wow! I haven’t seen him like this before. What’s wrong with him?

None of us talked for a long time.

“So you’re gonna make it up to me?” I broke the silence.

“huh?! For what?” He asked. I realized his voice is shaking.

“For ditching me today?!” I replied.

“Ah yes. Mian Su-min~ah!”

Silence…

He cleared his throat.

“Su-min. Do you believe in love at first?”

I looked at him surprisingly. So, Jungmin has a crush on someone! This is what it’s all about. Slowly he looked at me. For all these past few minutes he’s been avoiding me. Even to glance at me. I… how can I say yes. He has a crush on someone. Then I’ll leave you. What about me? I love you. You can’t love another girl! NO! NO! NO!

Jungmin~ah please don’t love another girl! Please! Please! Please!

He examined my face.

“Ah… sorry to bring this up. But I can’t help it anymore!” He said smiling.

I nodded slowly. “Yeah, I do believe in love at first sight.”

He nodded. Jungmin’s breathing heavily; even I can hear it.

He stood up. Took a few steps here and there. He can’t think straight. Neither can I. what if he says he likes someone. Should I say that I love him? NO! What if he doesn’t like me like that? Then our friendship will be ended. But…

Jungmin cleared his throat again.

“There’s this girl in our class…” He started.

In our class? Nugu? Could be anyone. Every girl in our class wants to be his girlfriend.  Who wouldn’t want that? I mean he’s good looking and talented. He’s Mr. Charisma in our class.

“… Well. She’s in our ever since the kindergarten. At first, I didn’t realize it was love. I thought it’s just a crush. But I get butterflies in my stomach every time I see her. Every year, she’s getting more beautiful.” He stopped for a while and looked at me.

I’m so confused about this. Part of me is happy for him. But the other part… I don’t want him to have a girl except for me. I forged a smile.

“I don’t know how to say this to her. Su-min… Please help me!”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

Wow. I didn’t update in 3 months! Sorry about that. I forgot the name I saved this as. Lol. I’m such a crazy person! I feel like this is kinda boring. I’ll do better in the next chapters :D