Chapter 3

XOXO

“Omma….. omma………” I heard someone crying. I turned to see who it is. Then I saw a beautiful girl with two plaits wearing a short pink color gown. I need to be friends with her.

I ran to her. “Hey, don’t cry. Come with me. Let’s go to the playground.” I told her.

She stopped crying and looked at me. In a few seconds she gave me a smile.

“I’m Jungmin.”

“I’m Su-min” she whispered.

“Su-min? Oh it rhymes. Su-min.. Jungmin .. Su-min.. Jungmin.. Su-min.. Jungmin.. he hee”

“Su-min, will you be my friend?”

She stared at me. Then nodded shyly.

“Let’s be best friends.” I said again.

She smiled and held her pinky. “Best friends forever.” We pinky promised.

“Come on. Let’s go to the playground.” I grabbed her hand and ran to the playground.

Su-min~ah~ Su-min~ah! Su-min~ah! I gasped.

Ah… Why did I dream about it? I can’t even sleep properly. I sat on my bed and checked the time. I slept like 30 minutes?!

I can’t sleep!!!

When I can’t sleep Su-min is the one who kept me occupied with something until I feel sleepy.

Now I realize how much I depended on her.

Oh Su-min~ah, my life without you!

I need to see her. I want to talk with her right now!

I got down from my bed and went near the window. Oh right! They’ve changed rooms.

Thank got Su-Jung is asleep. Su-min’s still awake. Is she still reading the book? That’s good. I need to talk to her. I went to the room next to mine which face Su-min’s new room.

“Su-min! Su-min!!” I whispered.

“Oh Jungmin~ah. Have you forgotten Su-min’s room is the other one? By any chance did you want to see me? Oh Jungmin~ah!” Su-Jung who appeared out of nowhere started.

Oh! Then she’s still in her room.

I ignored Su-Jung and went to my room.

Su-min? You can’t possibly be sleeping! This is not you. You don’t sleep at this hour! You should be reading a book right now!

I went to the window and looked at the sky. The sky is full of stars.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

“Jungmin~ah! Look at that three bright stars in a row. That’s the belt of Orion” Su-min held her hand up high to the sky.

“Omo! Look at that moving star!” I pointed to the sky.

“Ah.. That’s not a star. It’s a satellite.” She corrected me.

“Oh. Uri Su-min~ah is a bright student. She even knows that” I said admiring her knowledge.

“Ah. You know I like astronomy.”

“Mmm. One day you might be able to go to space.” I said smiling at her.

“I hope so” She gave me a slight smile and looked at the sky.

We were sitting on the ground in our night camp.

“Jungmin. Su-min. Come here. Have a closer look on Saturn!” Our junior high school teacher shouted. We both stood up and ran to him.

“Ha… I won.” I shouted at Su-min who is still running as fast as she could.

“Su-min STOP!” I shouted. She can’t stop herself. She’s coming right into me.

She hit me and we both fell.

I chuckled and looked at Su-min’s window. I heard someone sobbing.

Su-min~ah! Are you crying?