Three steps away from me.

Bodyguards For Ninjas
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

❝chapter 07;
_______________________________________________________________________________
                                   What's worst than loving the wrong person? Having him love you back.

 

-Yiki's pov-

 

That's strange, why is the gym door open? For the many times I tried to peep in when Yongguk is training, it was always close. I guess today’s my lucky day?

 

Slowly and quietly,I stepped towards the door and peeped into the gap. It took awhile for my eyes to adjust to the darkness to figure out that there's more than one person in the room.

 

Squinting my eyes, I finally saw that one was definitely Yongguk oppa, and the other..

 

A puzzled frown automatically formed across my forehead.

 

Seora..?

 

What's Seora doing here? And what..

 

Before I can even connect the dots of why would Seora be together with Yongguk so early in the morning, my eyes widen in shock when I witness what Seora was about to do.

 

A hand over my mouth,I suddenly forgot the need to breathe. The gift on my hand threatened to fall onto the ground but my trembling fingers manage to stop it from making unnecessary noise. I wanted to just walk away, to not see what Seora’s doing, to not invade their privacy, but I can’t help it and count the seconds it happened..

 

One second, two seconds, three seconds, four seconds, five seconds..

 

Did I see wrong..? Did she.. Did she just..

 

Unknowingly, an involuntary tear rolled down my eyes as I can't help but feel betrayed.

 

Seora knew, she knew that I've liked Yongguk ever since junior years. Every time when we all hanged out together she never, and by never I mean NEVER EVER, show any hints and signs that she likes Yongguk. Then why..?

 

I have the tendency to give up on people my sisters love, since no matter what they meant more to me than life itself. If I had known, I wouldn’t have gave my heart away. If she had told me that she likes Yongguk oppa, I would not have fell so hard for him.

 

Why didn’t she say anything..? Did she do this just to hurt me..? But that’s impossible, I know Seora, she’s not that kind of a person.. but why..?

 

Waves and waves of hurt and agony just hit me over and over again, mustering all the strength I can gather, I ran off silently with trembling knees.

 

Tears blurred my vision and I have no clue where I was running to, I just know I have to get out of there, and fast. The back of my wrist over my eyes, I just ran forward instinctively down the empty hallway. It was empty, until I bumped into someone and fell onto the ground.

 

“Yah Jang Yiki! You told me you’re not together with that Jung Dae Hyun then why is everyone so happy about him kissing you in public!?”

 

The familiar voice, although in a frustrated tone, sound so calming and comforting at the moment. I kept my head bowing low, not wanting him to see the tears streaming down my face, I tried to stop, I swear, but it just keeps falling.

 

“Yah Yiki ah, why are you just sitting on the floor,” frustration still present in his voice, he bent down and reached for my shoulders, “you’re n-”

 

Taking a timid peek, I saw his eyes soften and muscle tensed when he saw the little droplets rolling down my cheeks. He reached his hands over to cup my cheeks to face him, and in a much gentler tone, “Yah.. Yiki ah, why are you crying..?”

 

He swiped his thumbs across my cheeks so delicately that I have to averted my gaze away from his face. His huge hands are warm, but surprisingly not as smooth as I’ve expected.

 

“Look at me..” he said as he caressed my drenched cheeks tenderly, sitting down slowly beside me in the middle of this empty hallway.

 

Reluctantly, I returned my gaze to meet his gentle ones, seeing the pained look in his eyes made my lips quivered as another round of tears challenged to fall.

 

As if on cue, a single tear escaped and trickled down the edge of eye.

 

I’ve never wanted to call him this, never felt the need to, but for once I felt so vulnerable, so fragile, so hopeless..

 

“Oppa..” I squeaked almost inaudibly, “oppa.. oppa..”

 

I couldn’t help but bursted into tears again, the scene of Seora and Yongguk kept repeating in my head over and over again, stabbing my wounded heart over and over again.

 

At this moment, his strong arms tightened around my back, and I felt my head landed on his warm, thumping chest. My small frame fitted perfectly into his arms, I felt like a child safe in her parent’s arm.

 

The feeling I’ve never felt in my whole entire life.

 

His embraced was soft, but secure, firm, but tender. If I get to choose I want to stay like this for as long as I could.

 

Please log in to read the full chapter