Jealous

Family Drama [HIATUS]

Chapter 8: Jealous

RYO’S P.O.V.

            I watched as J.J. got up abruptly and left the room. It took a little longer for the flirting pair to notice. Seriously, what was Pi thinking, going and flirting so obviously like that with J.J.’s girlfriend? No, fiancé? But I couldn’t help but feel a little better by J.J.’s reaction, since it was an arranged marriage, he didn’t necessarily have to care for her. Love her.

            “Where’s he going?” asked Pi.

            I raised an eyebrow and smirked. “Someone’s jealous of you the two of you.”

            “Wha—” Minami looked at me, startled.

            “Mm,” Pi winked at me. “It should be alright.”

            “I should go see if he’s okay…” Minami trailed off, unsure.

            “Go on,” Pi pushed her on. “We’ll be okay here by ourselves, so don’t worry.”

            We watched her make her way slowly to the hall and eventually the stairs. I turned to Pi and saw he had a big, stupid grin on his face, making me smile in turn.

_________________________________________________________

MINAMI’S P.O.V.

            To be honest, nothing made sense. I felt so at ease, being able to smile and laugh again. I had been so cooped up in my own world of misery for so long, feeling guilty and worthless, but now… I knew I had been wrong. So wrong. But thanks to Yamaa, or Yamapi, I felt light. Yet, after Jaejoong walked off and hearing what Ryo said, confused me.

            Slowly, I made my way up the stairs, slower than what I could go even with the boot. I rarely, if ever talked to him before today, after the funeral. We shared a past he didn’t remember, and I didn’t know how to feel towards him now, in the present. We were engaged after all, but, did I want to marry someone I didn’t know how to feel towards? Someone I loved in a past he didn’t remember?

            As I approached the door to his room, I took a deep breath, nerves growing little by little. As I put my hand on the door knob, I heard footsteps coming from my room. I stopped and decided I could put off checking up on Jaejoong, just for a little bit while I gathered my thoughts. I rather face a crook than Jaejoong right now.

            Quickly, opening the door to my room, I prepared to face the intruder, only to end up with my mouth hanging open at the sight before me. Jaejoong had been pacing back and forth in my room, only to trip and fall at my sudden appearance and land sprawled on my bed.

            “Umm…” Jaejoong quickly got up, looking embarrassed. “I was just uh, just ah…”

            I burst out laughing, all worries gone. It has always been so when I was around him in the past. As I calmed down, Jaejoong stood in front of me, frozen, and eyes as big as saucers. But then he smiled, but never, truly reaching his eyes. Was Ryo-oppa right? I pushed the thought from my head.

            “Jaejoong?” I took a step forward, feeling anxious.

            “Your smile…” he looked down.

            “What about my smile?” was it really so weird that I was smiling again?

            “It’s just as beautiful as I remember it,” he looked up at me, my heart skipping a beat. “But…”

            “But what?” I breathed and looked down.

            “But I wish the smile had been directed at me,” he moved forward this time and I stepped back.

            “Why” my breath caught, and my heart began pounding in my chest.

            “Why?” he stopped. Realizing how he’d slowly made his way closer to me.

            “Ye—yeah,” I stuttered. I had also moved closer to him without thinking. “Why… why do you…” I couldn’t finish the question, but I managed to look at him now.

            “Because you’re important to me,” he finally said.

            I froze, standing only one foot from one another. We both just looked at each other in the eye, saying nothing for what felt like hours. Finally his hand moved, caressing my cheek with the back of his hand. Automatically I leaned in to his caress, breathing in his scent. He took me in his arms and held me close. I wished for the moment to never end.

            “I’m sorry for causing you angst,” I whispered.

________________________________________________________

JAEJOONG’S P.O.V

            My feelings were boiling over by the time she came into her room. And when she came in I felt suffocated and unprepared. I still wasn’t used to the idea of feeling jealous. Jealous because I’m in love with her and she was able to smile, but not because of me.

            In all truth, I felt relieved when she hugged me in turn, feeling accepted. And when she apologized, I knew I had to do it myself, and tell her the truth of my feelings. That I was serious about her. It was only fair.

            “I’m sorry too,” I murmured, hugging her closer.

            “For what?” she looked up at me.

            “For feeling jealous,” I looked down at her.

            “Jealous?” her eyes widened.

            “Yeah,” I rolled my eyes for effect.

            “Why would you be jealous?” she laid her head on my chest.

            “Because your first smile since the accident,” I rested my head on hers, wondering if she could hear my pounding heart in my chest. “was directed at someone else. The first smile of the one I love wasn’t for me.”

            “The one you… love?”

___________________________________________________________________________

So I must apologize too, just as Minami and Jae-oppa did.

I could have updated sooner, but I just go too distracted and did update my other two fics....

Well, I'll put up the other one up soon thought. It's a happy chapter? I would think it was.

Well, read, comment, subscribe, and share.

Oh, and if you like SUJU, check out this AFF by ShiroiParadaise

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/66036/to-steal-his-heart-kyuhyun-romance-superjunior

It's really cute!

ñ_ñ