Searches

Family Drama [HIATUS]

YAMAA’S P.O.V.

            It had been two days since Ryo and I had arrived in Korea. We had often gone out and ventured Seoul with the other two, or just Jaejoong, since Minami had school for another week. Her vacation didn’t start until the following week when we left, which was quite sad since it would be the winter holidays. Ryo and I would have stayed longer, but we had to get home and get ready to do a Christmas special we would be filming. I hated to admit it, but Korea was in fact a very beautiful place and I would have enjoyed it more if it weren’t for the fact that I was investigating the location of my twisted father. Ryo had tried to convince me to forget about it, at least for the moment, but I couldn’t. In the end he gave up.

            “Yamapi-ah?” Minami poked her head in the room Ryo and I shared.

            “Oh, hey Minami,” I gestured for her to come in. “Where’s Ryo and Joong?” It had been recent that I had begun calling Jaejoong, Joong, which he didn’t seem to mind.

            “They went to go buy some groceries,” she sat on Ryo’s bed.

            “Oh,” I shut off my search engine and shut off my laptop. “Want to come with me to a company I need to check out?”

            “Um, sure,” she cocked her head. “But why do you need to go?”

            “I can’t tell you,” I bit my lip thoughtfully. “Well, not completely anyways. Let’s just say I’m trying to locate someone I haven’t seen my whole life, but should have.”

            “O~kay,” she sprung to her feet. “So we’re like detectives!”

            I smiled at her, charmed by her actions. I knew myself well, and didn’t want to let down my guard. She was dangerous, in the sense I’d slowly started falling for her without warning. But I shoved those feelings away, not wanting to cause trouble for her and Jaejoong. Jaejoong and I had grown close fairly quickly. We were good friends now, and you would never have guessed we’d just met. How could I do anything to do him harm? I just couldn’t do it. Ever.

______________________________________________________________

MR. KIM’S P.O.V.

            I took in a deep breath, unwilling to knock on the door before me. My wife grabbed my hand and gave it a gentle squeeze for comfort. I just didn’t understand why she was so calm. I glanced down to look at her and she nodded, face grave. She was nervous too, I realized. And scared. This was the beginning for many troubles if things didn’t go well. It could even mean the end for some other things. But it was my fault we were standing here, now. Because I had fallen with two women and had decided who to stay with, leaving the other in an irresponsible way.

            I hadn’t been able to live with it and had eventually confessed to Suk Hi when I’d seen Jaejoong get over his stage fright. I don’t remember everything that happened, but she had cried, and at some point I’d hit her. We had eventually fallen asleep in each other’s arms, trying to comfort one another. Now I wasn’t the only one carrying around the secret, but I shared it with my wife. We both carried the secret, and she never once said anything about leaving my side, and for that, I was thankful. But we soon grew restless, and she told me I had to go make it up to the one I had left. The woman I had abandoned, knowing full well she was right.

            So that’s why we were here; in front of my ex-lovers apartment after hiring someone to track her down. It had been many years, and eventually, we had lost all contact. That’s what I had wanted at the start anyways. She was here. Yamaa Yukiko.

            “May I help you?” my wife and I turned to look to our right, where we found a small, placed teenage girl.

            “Oh, we’re just visiting an old friend,” Suk Hi said to the girl in Japanese.

            “You’re a friend of Yamaa-san?” the girl walked up to the door and turned to look at us suspiciously.

            “Do you know her?” I asked politely.

            “She’s my best friend’s mom,” she crossed her arms. “I keep an eye on her for him. Keep her company since he’s so busy.”

            “Is she in?” my voice trembled. Someone who knew my other son!

            “She is,” she raised a hand. “But may I ask who you are?”

            “Oh, excuse my manner,” I bowed in apology. “I’m Kim Jogun and this is my wife, Kim Suk Hi.”

            “Jogun,” her lips twisted in disgust. “I would leave if I were you.”

            “Wha—” I looked at the girl in astonishment.

            “You’ve done enough,” she turned her back on us and began to unlock the door.

            “Misa-chan?” a woman’s voice met my ears as they girl opened the door. “Is that you?”

            It was here. It was her voice. One I hadn’t heard in about 19 years. I watched as the girl Misa began shutting the door, answering Yukiko and giving us one last glare in the process. But I didn’t care, since all I could think of was Yukiko.

            “Wait!” I put my foot in between the door and the doorway. “Please. We need to speak with her!”

            “Get out!” hissed the girl.

            “Misa-chan, is everything okay?” a woman with black hair and some graying hairs appeared at the door. She glanced quickly at the Misa girl before looking out the door, at us. She froze when she recognized me, eyes widening and lips trembling. After a full minute of silence from all of us, she finally broke the silence. “Jogun.”

 

            Suk Hi and I sat side by side, a small table separating us from Yukiko. We all sat in silence, waiting for Misa to bring out the tea. I felt anxious and awkward, but also for the woman I had once left behind to raise a child on her own; my child. She looked at us wearily, shocked we were sitting before her. But what trouble me most was that she looked older than what I knew her age to be.

            Finally Misa brought the tea and sat beside Yukiko. I reached for my cup and took a sip, not knowing what I should say or do. Or even where to start. My wife seemed to be just as anxious as she waited for someone to speak while Misa only glared at me. Yukiko had avoided my gaze since she’d let us in, but now she finally looked at me, and I couldn’t contain it.

            “I’m so sorry!” I turned away from the table and bowed, nose touching the ground. I should not have left things they way I did.”

            “Jogun,” I looked at Yukiko. “Why exactly are you here?”

            “Well…” Suk Hi spoke this time, seeing that I was frozen by Yukiko’s quiet voice. “I wanted too…”

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Wow, Yamapi is on his way to find out the truth!

And Mr. Kim and Mrs. Kim meet up with Mrs. Yamaa!

Oh, the drama! And we can't forget that Yamapi is falling for Minami!

Sorry it took so long to update. I'm SUPER busy with school.

I'm serious. Ugh. So I don't know when I'll update this story again, so please be patient with me!

If you're bored, check out my other stories too! Therey's a SHINee one and another Yamapi one.