YOU Don’t Have A Right, Snap Out Of IT!

Family Drama [HIATUS]

MINAMI’S P.O.V.

            I began to turn away from the idiot, hoping we would reach the house soon. But he stopped me. His was now grave, serious, pissed. The other two were in their own world, talking. I was taken by surprise at his sudden change of mood.

            “Who you think you are?” he whispered.

            “Huh?” I felt confused, stricken.

            “Who do you think you are?” he nearly shouted this time. Jaejoong and Ryo stopped talking, shocked at Yamapi’s sudden outburst. “Do you really think you have a freaking right to be depressed? Bring others down with you? For crying out loud! You are not the only one in this world who’s suffering!”

            “Yamapi?” Ryo was looking at Yamapi, shocked. Jaejoong couldn’t do anything because he was driving, but he was most likely startled as well.

            “Shut up Ryo,” Yamapi’s eyes were locked unto mine. “You act as if you are the only one suffering. You are not the only one who has lost someone important! There’s people who left with WORSE! You have so much to be thankful for, but you only mope around and don’t bother to appreciate it! My mother was dumped by the man she loved after she found out she was carrying me. For his wife and his own child. But she kept going! I don’t know what kind of people your parents were, but I doubt they would want you to drown in despair! If you really cared and loved them, you would smile again.”

            I felt my face flush with anger, and I wanted to yell at him. He was being rude and thoughtless, but nothing came out.

            “Your parents can’t probably rest in peace right now!” his face was also flushed too. “They must be turning in their graves right now. They would probably have wanted you to be happy, not miserable! You don’t have a right to act this way. SNAP OUT OF IT!”

            He was right. I was being selfish, trying to act as if I had every right to be miserable because of my loss. Like I was the only one who deserved to be that way. Because this whole time I felt I didn’t have the right to live when they had died. But they wouldn’t have wanted me to wallow in my misery. They wouldn’t be angry because I could lead a good life. That’s what they would have wanted me to do. But it was so hard. It wasn’t fair at all. But he was right. Of course he was. I wasn’t the only who had lost something, someone. There was people suffering because of much worse things.

            I would do my best to live on for them. For myself. They would live on in my heart, right? I’m sorry Umma, Appa. I’ll do my best from now on.

            I turned away from Yamapi and cried, a feeling of gratitude washing over me. A heavy burden lifted off my shoulder, gone. I cried again, the first time since the funeral. Everyone remained silent the rest of the trip… home. I have a new home and I should be thankful. I am.

            Now I am.

===================================================

Yay! Two updates! Though it's really short...

I will put up the next one up too hopefully since it's so short too.

But jeez, Yamapi really went off didn't he?

I just hope Minami can smile soon.