o8

Grammatical

In the 5 hours Jongdae spent in the studio with Junmyeon, he learned 4 things:

#1 Junmyeon slept like a baby (cutely, Jongdae reluctantly adds)

#2 Junmyeon often mumbled a bit in his sleep

#3 Junmyeon looked (pretty) cute in his sleep

But the 4th thing that Jongdae learned the hard way was that Junmyeon liked to kick in his sleep.

Jongdae spent the next 5 hours awake, wondering what had he done in his past life to deserve the punishment (he halfway blames himself for writing fanfiction, but he decides to let that go). Junmyeon continued to kick, and Jongdae continued to pray that the day was over.

Good enough, the sun rose up, shining through the cracks of the window of the recording studio. Jongdae took the opportunity to kick Junmyeon square in the chest to wake him up. The leader jolted up in shock, eyes wider than usual.

“What just happened??” Junmyeon squeaked.

“I don’t know.” Jongdae shrugged.

“It felt like something just rammed itself into my chest.”

“Probably just your imagination.” Jongdae replied, getting up and brushing off the dust on his pants.

“Let’s get out of here.”


Now how could Jongdae explain himself when he got home?

He could pretend as if nothing happened, or he could pretend that he only needed to leave because his friend had called him.

But Jongdae was bad at letting things go, and Jongdae also didn’t have any friends to hang out with at 2 in the morning.

Jongdae trailed behind Junmyeon as they walked back to the dorm, the latter unaware of the inner monologue Jongdae was having in his mind. Junmyeon started to ramble on, talking about how nice the weather was while Jongdae replied with half-assed grunts and mumbles.

“Now what’s gotten you in such a bad mood?” Junmyeon frowned.

“Number one, you kicked me in your sleep, number two, the members probably think I’m a freak for the fanfics.”

“They won’t think you’re a freak.”

“Thanks, but-“

“Probably really gross though.”

“Oh, well that’s-“

“Like just really dumb for reading them cause who reads their own fanfics for that matter.”

“I really don’t see how you’re helping-“

“No, actually, they’ll think you’re a freak. Probably ostracize you for a while before things get back to-“

“Hey, HEY.” Jongdae gesticulated wildly in front of Junmyeon’s face.

“You. Are. Not. Helping. So. No.” Jongdae pressed emphasis on each letter. Junmyeon shrugged and continued walking.

“Whatever, they probably forgot about it. You don’t have to worry about it.”

“Just a few seconds ago you said I would be shunned by my peers and called a freak.”

“Well…”

Junmyeon opened the door to the dorm, walking in like nothing happened. Jongdae on the other hand, trudged behind. The members were all situated in the living room, watching TV.

“Hey, where were you two?”

“Love hotels. They do wonders.” Junmyeon shrugged.

“He means in the studio, we were locked in the studios yesterday.” Jongdae frantically explained.

“Is this a euphemism for having ?” Sehun asked.

Jongdae glared, and Sehun closed his mouth to trap the other remaining questions.

“Anyway, we’ve come to an agreement. Kim Jongdae, may you come to the center of the living room?” Yixing butted in, gesturing to the gap between the members.

“Kim Junmyeon, you may join in on this too, if you want.”

“I don’t understand what this is.” Junmyeon frowned, pointing at the members.

“Intervention circles. Very common in the US, very common among drug rehab centers.” Yixing explained.

“That didn’t help at all, but okay.”

Jongdae sat in the middle, shifting uncomfortably in his makeshift seat (which was just a pillow from Luhan’s room). 10 pairs of eyes stared at him intently. Well, rather not 10, Tao was too busy staring at his nails while Minseok continued to stare at the ceiling to count the number of cracks.

“We have thought long and hard about your ‘situation’.” Yixing started off.

“That’s what she said.” Jongin murmured.

Yixing’s eyes instantly lit up, “murder” written all over it.

“Don’t. Don’t you dare.” Yixing whispered. Jongin nodded and sat up straight.

“We had thought of millions of punishments for you.”

“Actually, probably 2.”

“We decided that we would skip ostracizing you amongst your peers because you help take care of the laundry and we need you to clean the dishes to you.”

“Uh.”

“You are a major contributor to the chores we do, Kim Jongdae. So we decided to let this situation slip. You will not be ignored by your band members! You shall remain part of our tight friendship!”

“Gee, thanks.”

“Yes! We will continue to accept your weird habits.”

“Yixing-“

“Meeting adjourned!” Yixing clapped. Everyone cheered, immediately dispersing to different areas of the dorm room, leaving Jongdae left in the living room along with Yixing.

“What. Just. Happened.” Jongdae said to himself.

“Justice. And it was beautiful.” Yixing sighed.


A/N: I neglected this story for so long, and once I come back the entire AFF layout is different/??? Wtf thanks I love this welcome back present. Anyway, I'm sorry for neglecting this story lol. I kinda lost the will to form coherent sentences for this ideas I have for this story. But whatever, I hope you guys are having a nice day! Summer is almost over omg and I made this story almost a year ago?? Damn.