o7

Grammatical

“Uh.”

It’s not the fact that Jongdae was lying on the ground with a huge blanket and a pillow that oddly seemed like the one in his room that fazed Junmyeon, but rather it was that Jongdae was in the recording booth of the SM building with the lights turned off.

“Shh, you’ll blow my cover!” Jongdae hissed, lunging towards the light switch to turn the lights back off. Junmyeon blinked slowly, still trying to comprehend what was going on, though Jongdae couldn’t see in the dark.

“Can I ask why you’re here at 4 in the morning.” Junmyeon deadpanned as he started to stumble across the room, trying to find a source of light.

“I’m hiding from the shame and humiliation I might receive in our house.” Jongdae murmured as he wrapped the blanket tighter across his body.

“What type of humiliation?” Junmyeon managed to say before tripping over a wire.

“Very humiliating things. I don’t think I can ever go back. Maybe I should move to Mexico, and change my name to Juan Rodriguez Mcpoyles Wigglebottom.”

“The third.” Jongdae finished. Junmyeon tripped over another wire in response.

“Uh, that’s cool and all, but can you turn the lights back on? I really don’t want to trip over another-“

And like always, Junmyeon tripped over another wire, landing face first on the ground with a loud thud.

“Sorry, that’s my phone charger.” Jongdae apologized.

“Yeah, it’s fine.” Junmyeon groaned before sitting back up and rubbing his nose to relieve the pain.

Both of them sat in silence, Jongdae laid back down on the floor, and Junmyeon rested his head against the wall.

“Hey, come to think of it, why are you here this late?” Jongdae mused.

“Me? I just needed to practice more, I felt like I was lagging behind all the members.” Junmyeon replied after a few minutes of thinking. Jongdae nodded, but he realized it was dark.

“I’m nodding my head in understanding, if you couldn’t see.”

“I obviously can’t see in the dark, Jongdae.”

“Maybe if we leave now the guys will be asleep, and then I can escape the humiliation.” Jongdae wondered out loud.

“What?”

“And maybe, I can erase their memories about the conversation, and pretend none of this ever happened.” Jongdae wondered again, ignoring Junmyeon.

“Hey-“

“Maybe I can say it was Sehun’s fault.”

“I-“

“Maybe I can blame it on Wu Fan-“

“Can I know what the hell is going on here??” Junmyeon finally butted in. He heard Jongdae rustle a bit in the blanket cocoon.

“Sorry. The boys think I read fanfiction, and it’s embarrassing so I’d rather not let them make fun of me because I obviously don’t.” Jongdae managed to make up. He mentally high fived himself for the quick story.

“Oh.” Was all Junmyeon could say.

“Yeah, stupid right?”

“Pretty much, who reads their own fanfiction anyway?”

“Exactly! They can be so stupid sometimes.”

Awkward silence soon continued, mainly because both of them had nothing to say anymore, the other reason was because Junmyeon had a poor feeling about lying and Jongdae was just really sleepy.

“Let’s get home now. They’re probably all asleep.” Junmyeon finally said to break the ice.

“I was thinking I should sleep here, but I don’t want to anymore because I just realized the floor is really dirty.” Jongdae muttered. Junmyeon offered a small smile.

After more fumbles, they finally found the light and opened the door of the studio booth. Jongdae and Junmyeon had an argument of who got to leave the booth first, with the winner ultimately being Jongdae (since he walked away while Junmyeon was giving a speech about respecting elders).

“Hurry up and open the door, I’m really tired.” Junmyeon whined as he watched Jongdae fiddle with the door that lead to the exit of the recording studio.

“Uh.”

“Uh what?”

“It’s locked.” Jongdae frowned as he wiggled the handle.

“What do you mean locked?”

“Locked. As in locked. Trapped. Shut in.”

Junmyeon frowned and lightly knocked his head against the door.

“The custodian must have locked it thinking no one was here anymore.” Jongdae reasoned.

“I told you to turn the lights on!” Junmyeon groaned as he slammed his head against the door repeatedly.

Jongdae watched the older one ramble on about how it’s not safe to be here really late, and how the members might be worried sick about them. Truthfully, Jongdae thought that the members would be sleeping or already searching through Jongdae’s room for items they could sell on the internet.

“We’re going to be stuck here until morning, I can’t believe it.” Junmyeon whined.

“Well, I have my blanket and pillow. We can sleep on the ground.”

“The floor is dirty.” Junmyeon complained.

Yep, it was going to be a long night.


A/N: Hello my astonishingly attractive subscribers!!1 Sorry for neglecting this story for so long, I just never really found inspiration until now. Also school is a hassle and I've been trying to get my grades up this semester. So enjoy this sort of filler chapter, and sorry if it's kind of half-assed it's 12 at night here :-( I'll be back for another chapter!! (Hopefully some day)