Chapter 9

Her Rapturous Sun

Chapter 9

“The burn isn’t that fatal. I think your boyfriend here was exaggerating too much.” The doctor told them.

“I’m not her boyfriend.” Daehyun told the doctor. “But thanks anyways.”

The doctor flashed a playful grin and walked away, leaving the two.

“There’s something weird about that doctor.” He muttered.

“You’re one to talk. You panicked the whole time. You worry too much.” She said.

“I was calm the whole time. I don’t panick as much as Baekhyun does.”

The room turned silent.

“Did.” Eunji corrected. “As much as Baekhyun did. We have to get used to him not being here anymore.” She flashed him a sad smile.

He knew it was hard for her to accept it but he found it brave that she was trying her best, day by day. He gaver her a comforting smile and told her he would go to the cafeteria to buy something to drink. As he walked down the halls, he met Hyosung, the woman who had helped him.

“Daehyun!” she greeted.

“Hey noona!” he greeted back.

“Why are you here? Is something wrong?” she asked worriedly.

“No, a friend is here. I just came to .” He replied assuringly.

Hyosung sighed in relief and smiled in the end. “It’s good you aren’t hurt. How are you coping up?”

“Living life as I can, noona.”

“That’s good.” She patted his shoulder and went on her way.

Daehyun didn’t get to ask why she was in the hospital and thought it was probably fine if he asked later.

 

After Eunji was released from the hospital, both of them decided to to just buy take-outs. When they arrived home, they immediately cleaned the mess In the kitchen and ate their dinner. The burn bothered Daehyun a bit. He wondered why Eunji carelessly poured hot cooking oil on her arm. He wondered if she really did recover.

“Eunji” he started.

“Yeah?”

“Is something bothering you?”

“No.” she denied. “I was just clumsy alright. It’s really nothing.”

Daehyun studied her. He was still worried but decided to just trust her and wait for her to tell him anything is she was ready.

After dinner, Daehyun went back to writing while Eunji was watching t.v. She ended up sleeping two programs after and Daehyun wrapped her sleeping body with a blanket.

He was about to turn the t.v off when suddenly a familiar picture flashed on the screen.

 

“BIG CEO OF T.S INDUSTRIES HAS BEEN REPORTED TO HAVE STAGE FOUR CANCER. PEOPLE ARE NOW ASKING WHO WILL INHERIT IS LARGE EMPIRE.”

 

Daehyun couldn’t stop watching. Reporters were crowding the fragile man who was already sitting on a wheel chair. He had announced to everyone that he was still looking for his heir. People were wondering why none of his children were getting any of the shares. They wondered if he was being to greedy or if he didn’t want to give his estate to his children because he knew they would just waste his money. The CEO’s children had countless law violations and had a record of partying too much. Then a reporter suddenly asked him, “Why are none of your children getting any of your estates, sir?”

“My heir is one of my children. I assure you that.” He said.

Daehyun turned the t.v. off and muttered. “I’m never going to receive it, dad.”

 

He decided to go back to writing but then, he saw Eunji tossing and turning on the sofa. She looked like she was panicking.

“Don’t please….stop….please!” she muttered in her sleep.

Daehyun approacher her and shook her to wake up. “Hey Eunji!”

“Stop! Please! Stooop!” she screamed and kicked.

“Eunji!” Daehyun called out again.

She punched and squirmed. One of her punches accidentally landed on Daehyun’s face and cut his lip. She fought like she was struggling from something.

“Please! Don’t! Ahhhhh!!!”

“EUNJI!”

Eunji woke up with tears falling down her eyes. She looked at Daehyun’s worried expression. “My…”

“I know..” Daehyun quietly said.

“I’m sorry..” she sobbed.

“It’s ok.”

“I saw his face again. I thought it was gone but it came back again and when I was cooking…he just…he won’t disappear…” she said.

Daehyun hugged her gently and caressed her hair. He began to sing the tune his mother used to sing to him when he was a child.

“Be brave little one. 
Make a wish for each sad little tear.
Hold your head up though no one is near
Someone's waiting for you.
Don't cry little one. 
There'll be a smile where a frown use to be
You'll be part of the love that you see.
Someone's waiting for you.
Always keep a little prayer in your pocket
and you're sure to see the light.
Soon there'll be joy and happiness 

and your little world will be bright”

 

 

As Eunji began to calm down, her eyes began to close once more. She felt at ease as she felt warmth wrapped around her. Daehyun felt drowsy as well and eventually gave in.

Two exhausted hearts found serenity in each other.