Chapter 15

Her Rapturous Sun

Chapter 15

 

“When are you going to stop following me?”

The man who tied him up yesterday had been following him since this morning. He walked with him to school, entered his classes and when he went to the bathroom, the man would wait outside for him. He called himself Kim Himchan. He said he was his cousin who is also an illegitimate child of the family. He started working as his father’s assistant and bodyguard but now has been assigned to Daehyun, forcing him to change his mind.

“When you finally agree to take your rightful throne.”

“I’m not a king and I don’t want any of those things being handed to me.”

“People are dreaming of riches like yours. You’re mocking them by not accepting it.”

“They dodged a bullet. They must be really blessed.”

After school, Daehyun went to his part-time job at a restaurant. Youngjae was about to ask him about Himchan but since Daehyun looked like he was in a foul mood, he didn’t bother. Himchan sat on the same table for a long time. The owner of the restaurant didn’t complain since he found Himchan a extremely handsome and he brought in a lot of customers. He wasn’t going to leave until Daehyun gave his affirmation which he wasn’t planning to give any time soon.

As he walked on home, he was still bothered by Himchan’s presence as he walked beside him. When was this person going to stop bothering him?

“Look, when will you quit it?”

“You’ve asked me that question twenty times today, do you want me to repeat my answer?”

“No, I want you to change it!” Daehyun snapped then continued walking.

“I’m sorry to tell you that I won’t and can’t no matter what you say or do.”

Daehyun sighed and like Himchan, his decision is still firm.

 

Eunji stared back and forth between Daehyun and Himchan. They were sitting at the table eating dinner to which she prepared for them. The atmosphere was quite heavy and were appetite was growing less and less as she felt the tension.

“Mah! How do you expect me to eat with this kind of tense atmosphere?” she yelled.

“Then kick him out!” Daehyun retorted.

“Shut up Gayhyun! Where are your manners? We don’t kick out guests!”

“We do, when they’re the likes of him. Did you forget that he almost hurt you?”

“Correction,” Himchan cut in. “I pinned you down and I gave you a choice. It was a spur of the moment and” Himchan turned to Eunji, “I sincerely apologize.”

“It’s fine.” Eunji gave a slight nod.

“Yah! How could you forgive him that easily?” –Daehyun.

“Because he didn’t hurt me.”-Eunji

“What-“ –Daehyun

“If I may, it is rude to be yelling at the table so…….. may I request both of you to sit down and do not fret for I shall leave immediately after I finish my kimchi.” Himchan told them calmly.

Surprisingly, the both of them did as they were told and continued eating. As soon as Himchan finished his last vegetable, he drank his glass of water and bid his farewells.

“I’m not done persuading you yet, Daehyun-ssi.”

“You know what my answer is, it will take a lot more to actually persuade me to take over.” Daehyun told him.

He gave a slight nod then left.

Eunji was in the kitchen washing the dishes and keeping the left over meals. The words Daehyun’s father said to her were still ringing in her head whenever she had nothing to do. She wasn’t planning on being something that important in Daehyun’s life so why did his words bother her?

“Hey Eunji, up for dessert?” Daehyun told her from the living room.

“Ice cream?” she asked.

“Sure.”

“Alright, chocolate please.”

“Ok, be right back!” the door closed shut.

 

When Daehyun came back from buying ice cream, he found Eunji sleeping at the table. He was gone for a long time since the convenience store that was nearby was already closed so he had to find another one. He sighed and decided to place her ice cream inside the freezer. He carried Eunji inside her room and placed her on her bed. She slept soundly without waking up. Daehyun covered her with a blanket and afterwards, left the room.

He fed Kekemato with the baby carrots he bought and turned the tv on.

“LION INDUSTRIES SALES HAVE PLUMMETED AND PEOPLE ARE AT HIGHER RISK OF LOSING THEIR JOBS. THE COMPANY IS CURRENTLY BEING MANAGED BY THE CEO’S SON KIM JUNHO AND PEOPLE ARE WORRIED THAT SOON LION INDUSTRIES, ONE OF KOREA’S LARGEST COMPANIES, WILL FINALLY COME DOWN TO ITS END.”

Daehyun turned the t.v off.

“No. I won’t do it.” 

And on that night, he tossed and turned but could never drift off to sleep.