Chapter 7

Her Rapturous Sun

 

Chapter 7

Hyosung woke up that morning feeling refreshed and beautiful. Her lighted apartment made it easy for her to feel good in the morning. She was now a successful magazine editor who was admired by all. Though on normal circumstances she was a wanderer, whenever a job came, she was always ready to work on it. She stared at the photo on her white wooden cabinet. A picture of her in her middle school years and a child stood on top. It was the very first day she felt she was truly beautiful. Before she felt good about herself, she was ridiculed by many and haunted by the taunting words of her classmates.

But one boy changed her life.

He became her sun.

 

After she finished her morning routine, she looked at herself in the mirror and smiled.

“You’re beautiful, Jeon Hyosung. Hwaiting!”

She grabbed her bag and looked at the picture once more.

“I hope I can see you again today, Jung Daehyun.”

 

 

Daehyun was busy packing things in his apartment. It was the day he was going to move in with Eunji. The landlord, who grew fond of him, helped him out with the packing.

“It’s going to to get pretty dull without you here.”

Daehyun smiled at his comment and said. “Don’t say that, your wife might hear you.”

“Yeah well, I need a guy friend ok, just cause I’m old doesn’t mean I don’t need anyone to hang out with me.”

Daehyun laughed at his remark. The Landlord had acted like a father to him during his years of staying.

Their sounds of laughter stopped when they heard a knock on the door. Daehyun stood up and opened it. His smile left his lips when he saw a dull figure standing in front of him.

“Master Daehyun, its your father-”

“No, leave me alone. He has five children. Ask the other four.” He cut the man off and immediately closed the door.

The person knocked continuously not listening to whatever Daehyun had said to him.

The Landlord frowned at him. “Daehyun….”

“I’m not ready.” He said. “Not yet anyways….”

 

Eunji was back to working at the flowershop again. Although the scars on her wrist were still visible, the wound was no longer there. Though the pain still felt fresh, she thought of tomorrow that would always come.

When she stepped out of the shop to place some flowers out, she saw someone she thought she would never see in a long time.

She stood with a solemn smile on her face. She was as beautiful as Eunji had remembered her. The woman she thought she would never see in a long time. The woman who abandoned her in hell. The woman she once loved and cherished when she was but a child.

“Mother.”

She muttered.